The MMA thread

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is Adesanya to blame or the challenger? Everyone knows what Adesanya is about by now, so they also know what they have to do in there. Problem is, they’re visibly terrified and see few openings relative to their own skill sets. Then we see the, more concerned with making it out intact than really try to ’go for it’. What go for it actually means for most of these guys is getting horrendously face planted and they know it, hence the impasse that has them lose a points battle.

Adesanya doesn’t have the offensive capacity to chase knockouts, however, so it’s understandable from his POV, too. He wants aggressive opponents that fully enable his counters and if he doesn’t get them, he’ll always coast to a victory.

For once, the scummy way the ufc works benefits the masses as Pereira will be fast-tracked and has all the tools to end Izzy’s run and shake up the division as a champion (we have no clue what happens to him if he’s in wrestling or true MMA situations).

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Is Adesanya to blame or the challenger? Everyone knows what Adesanya is about by now, so they also know what they have to do in there. Problem is, they’re visibly terrified and see few openings relative to their own skill sets. Then we see the, more concerned with making it out intact than really try to ’go for it’. What go for it actually means for most of these guys is getting horrendously face planted and they know it, hence the impasse that has them lose a points battle.

Adesanya doesn’t have the offensive capacity to chase knockouts, however, so it’s understandable from his POV, too. He wants aggressive opponents that fully enable his counters and if he doesn’t get them, he’ll always coast to a victory.

For once, the scummy way the ufc works benefits the masses as Pereira will be fast-tracked and has all the tools to end Izzy’s run and shake up the division as a champion (we have no clue what happens to him if he’s in wrestling or true MMA situations).
I have defended his performances until now. As you say, he has his fighting style, so we shouldn't get mad when he doesn't go out of his way to finish a fight. Is up to the challenger as well, to make it a fight.

The problem is Adesanya talks too much before fights, promising more than what he can deliver. And his walkouts... they make you to expect a show.

So I think he is to blame as well (for the criticism). If you not gonna walk-the-talk, just shut up.

He doesn't help himself posting this type of shit :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I have defended his performances until now. As you say, he has his fighting style, so we shouldn't get mad when he doesn't go out of his way to finish a fight. Is up to the challenger as well, to make it a fight.

The problem is Adesanya talks too much before fights, promising more than what he can deliver. And his walkouts... they make you to expect a show.

So I think he is to blame as well (for the criticism). If you not gonna walk-the-talk, just shut up.

He doesn't help himself posting this type of shit :lol:

You're absolutely right about that. There's no defending him there because he does like to present himself as the consummate fighter and entertainer where in reality, if his opponent isn't presenting clear openings, he's as risk averse as GSP was without the humility or ability not to run his mouth. No excusing that, as if you are talking that way, you're then obligated to deliver no matter what your opponent is doing.

Ironic that he has aligned himself with Volk' who is practically the opposite in keeping his mouth shut until game time then doing the business in the octagon whether his opponent attacks or tries to be conservative.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You're absolutely right about that. There's no defending him there because he does like to present himself as the consummate fighter and entertainer where in reality, if his opponent isn't presenting clear openings, he's as risk averse as GSP was without the humility or ability not to run his mouth. No excusing that, as if you are talking that way, you're then obligated to deliver no matter what your opponent is doing.

Ironic that he has aligned himself with Volk' who is practically the opposite in keeping his mouth shut until game time then doing the business in the octagon whether his opponent attacks or tries to be conservative.
Izzy is a beneficiary but also in this case a victim of being in such a talentless division. He can sit back and cruise to decisions because, well, when was the last time he was threatened in a fight? At least now it looks like there’s a genuine challenger whos going to threaten to knock him out….I expect we’ll see the best of him. Either that or he’ll get knocked the feck out which will satisfy a lot of people. Massive win win

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Izzy is a beneficiary but also in this case a victim of being in such a talentless division. He can sit back and cruise to decisions because, well, when was the last time he was threatened in a fight? At least now it looks like there’s a genuine challenger whos going to threaten to knock him out….I expect we’ll see the best of him. Either that or he’ll get knocked the feck out which will satisfy a lot of people. Massive win win
Yeah, outside of Whittaker, it is a poor division relative to something like the welters.

I really think Pereira will beat him, and that's what Dana is hoping for with the fast-track not even testing the Brazilian's grappling or groundwork. At the very least, there's potential for a trilogy between them as Pereira has serious odds of being the one Adesanya has to try win the title back from.

I can see why some dislike Izzy so, which guarantees a PPV as so many tune in knowing this guy has the tools to have him sprawled out.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Do y'all remember that interview by Helwani with Nick Diaz? I think it was after the Nate v Masvidal fight... It was legit like:

"Yeah he's my gutgh f GG jgfffbhbhb man yeah feck that like h of dhbbgfgjjjhhh you know what I'm saying? These HK gym h BB n of ft cgbbbjkjfc be punks h BB ghbvfx CV bbjjj"

Go check it out on YouTube if you don't believe me... Literally can make out like 1 in 20 words that he speaks :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
There’s a fighter on the undercard tomorrow called Herbert Burns. Please tell me he’s Durinho’s brother

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Bit of an early stoppage I thought. Him walking away probably swayed the ref.Great punch though and set it up nicely. Gonna be a banger card, I can feel it.