The MMA thread

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

The notion he's about to follow instructions from his corner and not get swept up in ego the occasion and the atmosphere seems unrealistic to me.

He wants to show 'who the gangsta is,' it doesn't follow suit to then wrestlefeck a shit-talking Nate to victory as that's not acknowledged as 'gangsta' by the masses.

Luke1995

Would you pick one of these to beat Jones ?

Stipe

Blaydes

Daniel Cormier (at heavyweight - I think DC still doesn't like Jones and what happened between them doesn't sit right with him)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Stipe

Blaydes

Daniel Cormier (at heavyweight - I think DC still doesn't like Jones and what happened between them doesn't sit right with him)
DC and Jones will never squash it, especially due to that drug test after the second fight. Had it not been for that, DC would probs back off...

But it's impossible to say without seeing Jones fight at HW to be honest mate.

JP77

Stipe

Blaydes

There will always be question marks over Jones due to testing positive no matter what anybody says. We probably won't ever truly know if he was clean the entire time or not although it seems quite likely he was cheating for a good portion of his career.

Jones hasn't fought in well over two years and there's an argument that he should have lost both of his last two fights on the scorecards (debatable). Prime Jones would definitely beat Blaydes IMO. Stipe? Tougher one as it depends on Jones transition to Heavyweight. Cormier has been discussed to death in the past.

I think we will be lucky to see Jones fight one more time, can't see him doing more than one final fight at this stage TBH. If they're going to try to get him back for another fight they may as well go all out and put him in there with Francis.

Luke1995

Yeah sure, we should probably see Jones at heavyweight first before making picks.

Although I feel like Stipe is a tough matchup for everyone. He has no apparent weakness.

Not sure if Jones was cheating or not, but he certainly is a lesser star than he could have been because of that.

In a way, Adesanya is becoming what he could have been if he fought more often and didn't get in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah sure, we should probably see Jones at heavyweight first before making picks.

Although I feel like Stipe is a tough matchup for everyone. He has no apparent weakness.

Not sure if Jones was cheating or not, but he certainly is a lesser star than he could have been because of that.

In a way, Adesanya is becoming what he could have been if he fought more often and didn't get in the headlines for the wrong reasons.
The Stipe of 5 years ago would give Jones a good fight. The Stipe of today turns 40 in a few weeks and is increasingly fragile.

Luke1995

The Stipe of 5 years ago would give Jones a good fight. The Stipe of today turns 40 in a few weeks and is increasingly fragile.
Not sure if we can call him fragile because Ngannou knocked him out. And Jones isn't known for one punch KO power.

It can still be a good fight.

Ladron de redcafe

I've never seen anything like the clip above, before. That's just bizarre. Why go for something like that?

Regarding tonight, who here has Peña winning the rematch?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I've never seen anything like the clip above, before. That's just bizarre. Why go for something like that?

Regarding tonight, who here has Peña winning the rematch?
I do. I think Amanda is better everywhere, except for the mental game. And she has all the pressure coming into the rematch.

How will she handle it? Where is her head right now?

Usually, opponents come already defeated vs Nunes, but Peña has zero fear plus a big will to win.

I think Amanda chokes again.

I watched the Ultimate Fighter's last season, and at no point, I felt like Amanda was close to regaining her mojo. Peña, the much better coach and the stronger confident aura through all the season.

Ladron de redcafe

I do. I think Amanda is better everywhere, except for the mental game. And she has all the pressure coming into the rematch.

How will she handle it? Where is her head right now?

Usually, opponents come already defeated vs Nunes, but Peña has zero fear plus a big will to win.

I think Amanda chokes again.

I watched the Ultimate Fighter's last season, and at no point, I felt like Amanda was close to regaining her mojo. Peña, the much better coach and the stronger confident aura through all the season.
I agree about that. It's clear that any apprehension she had prior to the first fight dissipated as soon as she stepped in and was able to handle Amanda's biggest shots.

She seemed completely assured going into tonight. Let's see how it plays out.

Ladron de redcafe

Anyone has a river? The one I'm using went black all of a sudden and I can't seem to get it work for whatever reason.