The MMA thread

SirAnderson

I do. I think Amanda is better everywhere, except for the mental game. And she has all the pressure coming into the rematch.

How will she handle it? Where is her head right now?

Usually, opponents come already defeated vs Nunes, but Peña has zero fear plus a big will to win.

I think Amanda chokes again.

I watched the Ultimate Fighter's last season, and at no point, I felt like Amanda was close to regaining her mojo. Peña, the much better coach and the stronger confident aura through all the season.
Man, I'm torn. Think Amanda comes in this a wounded animal and will be out for blood big time.
Does look more focused. Remember last time she was bringing her kid around and all happy go lucky and I think that underestimation cost her big time. That's gone now, so I think it will be a very different fight.

I have Amanda winning this rematch for that reason mainly, but wouldn't be surprised if Pena goes 'and still'.

SirAnderson

Just got off 42 hour flight from hell and missed this and the Luton match. What did Moreno do?
Nothing major really, but liked he's style. He just basically called up Davidson from he's and told him he didn't want to talk shite about him on tv, he's daughter is watching. But he wants he's belt.

I find it refreshing over the Covington kinda personas of the UFC.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Nothing major really, but liked he's style. He just basically called up Davidson from he's and told him he didn't want to talk shite about him on tv, he's daughter is watching. But he wants he's belt.

I find it refreshing over the Covington kinda personas of the UFC.
Agreed.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Damn I love Pena. So God damn tough. Heart of a champion. Amanda is just more skilled,faster and stronger unfortunately

SirAnderson

Not 1 significant strike from Pena in the 4th. 10-8 then.

Still can't rule out a freak knock out from Pena. Or sub.
But as I said, Nunes looks in the zone. She should stick to the game plan.

Ladron de redcafe

I'm not sure I like these constant rematches. This was decisive. Anik was contesting the 10-8 rounds but Nunez had 3 knock-downs in round 2 and top control for something like 11 of the last 15 minutes.

I hope they don't go for a trilogy fight right away the way they did with DC-Stipe.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I'm not sure I like these constant rematches. This was decisive. Anik was contesting the 10-8 rounds but Nunez had 3 knock-downs in round 2 and top control for something like 11 of the last 15 minutes.

I hope they don't go for a trilogy fight right away the way they did with DC-Stipe.
Agreed.

Ketlen Vieira should be next.

The trilogy fight with Shevchenko also good option and certainly the best money wise for all the parties involved, but Valentina just wants to keep extending her FW record.

Ladron de redcafe

Agreed.

Ketlen Vieira should be next.

The trilogy fight with Shevchenko also good option and certainly the best money wise for all the parties involved, but Valentina just wants to keep extending her FW record.
I hope it's Shevchenko as well. That 2nd (?) fight was so close that even with the 2-0 score going into the 3rd, it still feels significant.

Pscholes18

I hope it's Shevchenko as well. That 2nd (?) fight was so close that even with the 2-0 score going into the 3rd, it still feels significant.
She won the first fight..........Pena needs to learn how to punch...she looks so awkward.....she runs forward while swinging......Amanda just back peddled and kept lighting her up.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fairly underwhelming main card with the. except of the final fight I thought. Looking forward to Nunes v Shevchenko at hopefully their next fights.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Pena certainly doesn't have a compelling case for an immediate rematch given that he lost so convincingly and didn't make a single successful defence of the title. It wouldn't bother me if the trilogy fight was made though as no-one else has really put together a convincing streak at bantamweight either. Nunes vs Shevchenko would be much more interesting of course if Shevchenko definitely wants it.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Nunes didn’t look right in that first fight, wish I had bet on her, will be a while before you could get such low odds on her to win.

George Owen

Uff what a first fight. A round of madness.

First finish of the night, for Billy Goff. He got dropped via headkick but came back to win it in the same round.

George Owen

What a crazy fight to end a very good night of fights. I can see Danda giving out 5 contracts.

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

Who here thinks we'll actually see him at Heavyweight? He looks better in the video Raoul just posted than anything I've seen in his uploads since he's teased the move to Heavyweight, but he hasn't fought since Jan of 2020, when he looked pedestrian against Reyes, and he's only getting older and slower.

Lastwolf

He's 35, but it's Heavyweight so he could have another 3-4 years in him, which at his current rate is 1 fight and 2 arrests, so I'm not that hyped.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Had a quick look through tomorrow’s card

Firstly I am sick of apex events. They are growing very stale

But the standout….how in the name of feck does Sam Alvey still have a contract? His last win was June 2018. So you say maybe he has been injured or unlucky or whatever. But no. Very active and not unlucky at all. 8 fights in that time, one draw and 7 defeats. 4 of those he was finished

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Had a quick look through tomorrow’s card

Firstly I am sick of apex events. They are growing very stale

But the standout….how in the name of feck does Sam Alvey still have a contract? His last win was June 2018. So you say maybe he has been injured or unlucky or whatever. But no. Very active and not unlucky at all. 8 fights in that time, one draw and 7 defeats. 4 of those he was finished
Yeah but he smiles. You always need a smiler.