The MMA thread

Luke1995

Fedor X Bader 2 set for February 4th. For the heavyweight title.

Bader isn't the same fighter he was when he beat Fedor but Fedor was already a faded force back then.

Not sure how to feel about this.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Fedor X Bader 2 set for February 4th. For the heavyweight title.

Bader isn't the same fighter he was when he beat Fedor but Fedor was already a faded force back then.

Not sure how to feel about this.
Hopefully Fedor decks him but seems unlikely.

Bellator 288 prelims starting now.

Main and co-main looking good.

PS. RIP Rumble :(

redom

These post fight plugs for betting sites are surely gonna get stamped out by Dana at some point, it seems a relatively new thing and I'm all for fighters making more money since they can't get their own sponsors etc any more but I can't imagine he's happy with it and will try and close that loophole soon.

Wonder if Demopoulos will jump into Bispings arms if she wins.

George Owen

These post fight plugs for betting sites are surely gonna get stamped out by Dana at some point, it seems a relatively new thing and I'm all for fighters making more money since they can't get their own sponsors etc any more but I can't imagine he's happy with it and will try and close that loophole soon.

Wonder if Demopoulos will jump into Bispings arms if she wins.
I hope so. fecking annoying. Leave that shit to the youtubers in their mom's basements.

redom

World class striking from Salikhov, those body kicks were brutal all fight and then it opens up the head kick, Fialho too tough for his own good.

George Owen

He’s fecked….looked like he left part of himself on the mat in round 2. Don’t like watching fights legend that happens, I always worry something bad has happened under the surface
Yeah. He was there but he "wasn't". You have to wonder what was like from his perspective. He was probably seeing 3 or 4 Salikhov.

redom

Good decision by Nzechukwu to brush off that groin strike and continue to pressure Cutelaba, solid card overall, shame the main event fell out.

George Owen

Our own Brendan has just won the million in PFL! Buzzing
It was a great performance, same as in the semifinal. So glad he had his redemption after being snubbed by idiot Dana. It worked out better for Brendan.

I went to sleep after Brendan's fight, assuming Kayla was gonna easily beat another tin can she has previously defeated twice. I'm just reading now she lost and I'm so happy.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I feel like this really doesn't make sense for Glover. He made the excuse that he can't prepare for a southpaw in time - well A) it's still a couple of weeks away, B) it's still a stand-up fight and C) Jiri switch hits a lot so he should have been facing at least some southpaw looks anyway!

He's a much more dangerous fight for Ankalaev at short notice than vice versa, as he would have been preparing for a kickboxing match as well against Jan - the introduction of Glover's ground game at short notice I think gives him a better chance of bearing Ankalaev than he had Jiri.

Not to mention he's 43 and unlikely to get many more of these. Especially now he's likely pissed the UFC off a bit by turning down the opportunity. Seems unlikely he'll get a shot next over Jiri or probably Jamahal Hill if he needs Anthony Smith.

George Owen

I feel like this really doesn't make sense for Glover. He made the excuse that he can't prepare for a southpaw in time - well A) it's still a couple of weeks away, B) it's still a stand-up fight and C) Jiri switch hits a lot so he should have been facing at least some southpaw looks anyway!

He's a much more dangerous fight for Ankalaev at short notice than vice versa, as he would have been preparing for a kickboxing match as well against Jan - the introduction of Glover's ground game at short notice I think gives him a better chance of bearing Ankalaev than he had Jiri.

Not to mention he's 43 and unlikely to get many more of these. Especially now he's likely pissed the UFC off a bit by turning down the opportunity. Seems unlikely he'll get a shot next over Jiri or probably Jamahal Hill if he needs Anthony Smith.
Yep, terrible decision. High chance both Jiri or Ankalaev would beat him, so the smart move was to leverage a little bump on his purse (for the short notice change of opponent) and take the fight.

Now he will probably have to fight Rakic or Hill in order to even get a chance for a title shot.

In other news, James Krause is fecked.