The MMA thread

the_cliff

Aspinall and Edwards fighting on UFC304 in… Manchester, England!
Yeah, good card that. Tickets go on sale on the 7th of June if anyone here is interested. Not sure about the coop live though, the arena hasn't even opened properly yet and has been plagued with issues.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Yeah, good card that. Tickets go on sale on the 7th of June if anyone here is interested. Not sure about the coop live though, the arena hasn't even opened properly yet and has been plagued with issues.
I wonder how the absolute shitshow with the arena and the fact the main event is gonna be on at like 5:30am will affect ticket sales. Will be a true test of the UFC powerhouse. They were sold out in literally 1 minute when I tried to get some for the London show in March last year.

the_cliff

I wonder how the absolute shitshow with the arena and the fact the main event is gonna be on at like 5:30am will affect ticket sales. Will be a true test of the UFC powerhouse. They were sold out in literally 1 minute when I tried to get some for the London show in March last year.
I still reckon they sell out. Aspinall will be a big draw here. Whether it goes ahead at the coop live is probably the main concern.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Really? Surely not. 5:30am’s American times

Luke1995

Anderson Silva is going to fight Chael Sonnen in boxing.

It would be very funny if Sonnen won. Sharing this on the MMA thread because well, the majority of their careers was in MMA.

Luke1995

If you are here just for nostalgia's sake...seeing these two go at it again and Tyson coming back one month later must bring some joy.

Slightly concerned for all of these men's health though. People closing in on 50 or over 50 should not really be taking hits to the head.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Probably. Sonnen has no boxing record. :lol:
And absolutely zero chin these days.

Slightly worried for his health considering how bad he took punches at the end of his Bellator days, and considering that weird hotel incident which seemed like onset CTE a bit...

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a joke though and not actually happening. I sure hope not anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And absolutely zero chin these days.

Slightly worried for his health considering how bad he took punches at the end of his Bellator days, and considering that weird hotel incident which seemed like onset CTE a bit...

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a joke though and not actually happening. I sure hope not anyway.
His fight against Fedor towards the end of Bellator stint looked particularly grim. Probably not the best idea for him to get back in, but then against Anderson probably isn't in the best of shape either.

Luke1995

Gegard Mousasi is oficially a free agent!

Where yould you like to see him fight next ?

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Gegard Mousasi is oficially a free agent!

Where yould you like to see him fight next ?
He's a real favourite of mine so I'd love to see him back in the UFC racking up some wins. Unlikely though as he has probably severely declined on the evidence of his last few fights. I reckon KSW might be a possibility for him.

Luke1995

He's a real favourite of mine so I'd love to see him back in the UFC racking up some wins. Unlikely though as he has probably severely declined on the evidence of his last few fights. I reckon KSW might be a possibility for him.
I'd like that too but the UFC usually never re-signs someone they let go.

KSW or BKFC would be cool.

Luke1995

The Pavlovich X Volkov matchup later on is so good!

Is it common for russian fighters to fight each other in the UFC ?

Either Sergei gets a KO or Alex will take it into deep waters with his calculated striking.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Genuinely concerned about Nick's health if he comes back. His last fight was 3 years ago against an aging Robbie Lawler and he looked terrible.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
And El Cucuy on the same card.... at 170 - why not just book him and Nick to fight each other?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
No one is forcing him to do it I guess. Maybe he wants to get out from his contract.

Luque is a killer, it's really a matchup that makes no sense.
If someone wants to fight then sometimes it's better to let them because at least it'll be in a controlled environment. Otherwise they'll start fighting outside bars like BJ Penn started doing.

But UFC need to be smarter with how they book them. Surely a fight with El Cucuy makes so much more sense than a fight with a hungry killer like Luque.

I'm worried Nick could get seriously hurt in this match.