The MMA thread

DA2

suddenly, Cro Cop seems nothing but hype, and a waste of it at that.

Think Mayweather will fight in the UFC if he beats De la Hoya?
Doubt it - but if he does hes got an awful lot of training ahead of him......

DA2

Didn't see the cro cop fight, anybody know any links to where I could see it?

Saw Bisping though, the lad is class, great to have him representing UK.
He is good - great potential - but i honestly think he is still rough around the edges and prone to sloppyness. I dont know if Wolfslair is gonna be the training environment that can take him to the top level.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
suddenly, Cro Cop seems nothing but hype, and a waste of it at that.

Think Mayweather will fight in the UFC if he beats De la Hoya?
Cro Cop is a good fighter but he also has a tendency to leave himself open...

I would love to see Pretty Boy Floyd in the UFC..... he would get killed....

Didn't see the cro cop fight, anybody know any links to where I could see it?

Saw Bisping though, the lad is class, great to have him representing UK.
Bisping actually got lucky, before he finished Sinosic he got nailed with a big knee and then caught in a kimura, but Sinosic had nothing left due to the severe beating he had taken in the first round. If the first round would have been closer, Bisping was in serious trouble.

Great performance though, but he is still very raw.....

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Cro Cop is a good fighter but he also has a tendency to leave himself open...

I would love to see Pretty Boy Floyd in the UFC..... he would get killed....

Bisping actually got lucky, before he finished Sinosic he got nailed with a big knee and then caught in a kimura, but Sinosic had nothing left due to the severe beating he had taken in the first round. If the first round would have been closer, Bisping was in serious trouble.

Great performance though, but he is still very raw.....

I know he's raw but it's still exciting to see a youngish English fighter, and I don't consider him lucky because his opponent was too ruined to take advantage, the reason Sinosic was fecked was because Bisping ground and pounded him for the entire first round! :p

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
I know he's raw but it's still exciting to see a youngish English fighter, and I don't consider him lucky because his opponent was too ruined to take advantage, the reason Sinosic was fecked was because Bisping ground and pounded him for the entire first round! :p
Absolutely, he put on a great performance and his beating of Sinosic in the 1st round allowed him to escape the kimura because Elvis had nothing left, but all it takes is one mistake and it could be over.

But he will improve the more he fights, but I think he needs to find a better training centre than the Wolfslair..... I just think that place can only take you so far. It may be time to move his training to the states, someplace like American Top Team or Team Quest....

DA2

But he will improve the more he fights, but I think he needs to find a better training centre than the Wolfslair..... I just think that place can only take you so far. It may be time to move his training to the states, someplace like American Top Team or Team Quest....
This is the key - Bisping has massive potential theres no doubt - but he is still rough around the edges and i do feel that in order to really make the next step up he needs to get in a good team, preferably Team Quest. The thing i love about Randy Couture and his ethos is his tactical discipline, this is where Bisping needs most work as he can go a bit kamakaze sometimes and you feel like he doesnt have a proper gameplan.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
This is the key - Bisping has massive potential theres no doubt - but he is still rough around the edges and i do feel that in order to really make the next step up he needs to get in a good team, preferably Team Quest. The thing i love about Randy Couture and his ethos is his tactical discipline, this is where Bisping needs most work as he can go a bit kamakaze sometimes and you feel like he doesnt have a proper gameplan.
My thoughts exactly....

DA2

My thoughts exactly....

Its a shame really as I really think he has all the tools to get the title but i just think when he comes up against his first contender level fighter (eg a Jardine/Evans/Machida) he could well get his ass handed to him on a plate - I dont see how his current set up at the Wolfslair can take him any further...

Swerny

Poster originally known MS MSP
here's the card, my picks are in bold.

LHW Championship
Chuck Liddell vs Quinton Jackson
Rampage by TKO in Round 4

Josh Burkman vs Karo Parisyan
Karo by Decision

Terry Martin vs Ivan Salaverry
Martin by Decision

Houston Alexander vs Keith Jardine
Jardine by TKO in Round 2

Kalib Starnes vs Chris Leben
Leben by Decision

Thiago Silva vs James Irvin
Silva by KO in Round 1

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
here's the card, my picks are in bold.

LHW Championship
Chuck Liddell vs Quinton Jackson
Rampage by TKO in Round 4
:eek: I know Rampage dominated their first fight, pretty much taking him down at will and beating him to a pulp (BTW anyone ever see the towel thrown in in a match before or after this one??), but Chuck should be jakked up for this one...

Swerny

Poster originally known MS MSP
:eek: I know Rampage dominated their first fight, pretty much taking him down at will and beating him to a pulp (BTW anyone ever see the towel thrown in in a match before or after this one??), but Chuck should be jakked up for this one...
Rampage causes all kinds of matchup problems for Chuck.

Just my opinion though.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Just ordered it ... looks like a good card. I think Liddell will win it ... he's got everything going for him with winning his last 2 revenge fights. The crowd will be behind him as well.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
I hope there's a rematch down the road. Also, I can't wait until GSP fights again.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
I hope there's a rematch down the road. Also, I can't wait until GSP fights again.
Dana White said Chuck would have to win quite a few fights before they would think of giving him another shot at Rampage, since he has already lost twice to him.

Apparently, GSP will be fighting Koschek in his next match, although that hasn't been confirmed yet.

DA2

Its amazing, this year has just been upset after upset.....

My predictions...

1) GSP will beat Kos and Serra but I think Hughes will regain title
2) Couture will beat Gonzaga but lose to next opponent
3) Silva loses to Marquadt
4) Franca beats Sherk
5) Rampage loses to Henderson
6) Fedor will at last make an appearance and destroy all in his path!!!

TBH wasnt remotely suprised Chuck lost to Rampage - against someone whos strength is grappling Chuck with his awesome TKD defence is very hard to beat but put him up against a strong striker and he was always gonna be in trouble. As has been demonstrated a lot recently..... the more well rounded fighter will usually come out on top and the prob with Chuck has always been his lack of a Plan B......

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Just rewatched Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3 ... I can't believe how much I hate both of those feckers.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
TBH wasnt remotely suprised Chuck lost to Rampage - against someone whos strength is grappling Chuck with his awesome TKD defence is very hard to beat but put him up against a strong striker and he was always gonna be in trouble. As has been demonstrated a lot recently..... the more well rounded fighter will usually come out on top and the prob with Chuck has always been his lack of a Plan B......
Rampage is a ground and pound fighter out of Tito's camp (both are really good friends and have vowed to never fight each other actually). If you have seen the first fight in Pride, Rampage takes him down at will and pounds the crap out of him until his corner throws in the towel (yes, you read that right... throws in the towel).