The MMA thread

Luke1995

Foreseeing Khabib-Poirier: Key question is how does he avoids the takedowns ? Also, Can he threat Khabib when he shoots, say, like Masvidal did to Askren ?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Got it, but the UFC should have put more effort into promoting that division.
Its very hard to promote the jockey divisions, especially now that Cejudo has both belts. It was a bit of fun when Dom Cruz, Cody, and TJ were going at it but now that has generally gone. Even FW is increasingly boring with Conor gone and MH is dominating.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Foreseeing Khabib-Poirier: Key question is how does he avoids the takedowns ? Also, Can he threat Khabib when he shoots, say, like Masvidal did to Askren ?
Same coach, so yes, they will probably drill a lot of flying knees.

I remember him catching Alvarez with a few when shooting for takedowns.

Luke1995

Its very hard to promote the jockey divisions, especially now that Cejudo has both belts. It was a bit of fun when Dom Cruz, Cody, and TJ were going at it but now that has generally gone. Even FW is increasingly boring with Conor gone and MH is dominating.
FW has Volkanovski and Zabit as potential serious threats to MH

Luke1995

Same coach, so yes, they will probably drill a lot of flying knees.

I remember him catching Alvarez with a few when shooting for takedowns.
I am also interested to see if Khabib will show us anything new in his standup. He could stand and trade with Poirier just to show he is better everywhere. Some fighters have that ego.

George Owen

I am also interested to see if Khabib will show us anything new in his standup. He could stand and trade with Poirier just to show he is better everywhere. Some fighters have that ego.
I hope so, as that would be the easier path to victory for Dustin, but I doubt so. Khabib is just too focused and professional. (His buddy DC lost the belt for exactly that)

PS. Rewatching the Poirier-Alvarez fight, what I remembered were actually knees to the head, on the clinch. Not defending takedowns.

What Dustin went for to defend takedowns was the guillotine. But I don't know if that would be smart against Khabib. I hope they have worked on the knees more since then.

Luke1995

The surprise could be Poirier taking Khabib down and holding him there. We have yet to see Khabib on his back.

Suedesi

This Monfils/Svitolina narrative is puke inducing. She just won, and all they’re doing is asking about Monfils. Dafuq

Santos J

Main card is on BT Sport Box Office at 7pm. Prelims is on normal BT Sport at 3pm
Have they started showing early prelims all the time or just as the main card is PPV? Can't remember recent ones but sure I've never seen them show them.

Oggmonster

Have they started showing early prelims all the time or just as the main card is PPV? Can't remember recent ones but sure I've never seen them show them.
I don't think they ever show the early prelims. The ones on BT will just be the normal prelim fights then the whole main card is on Box Office.

Santos J

I don't think they ever show the early prelims. The ones on BT will just be the normal prelim fights then the whole main card is on Box Office.
If the programme starts at 3pm on BT then that'd be early prelims as well though is what I meant. The first fight on the early pre's is scheduled to start at 15:15. Prelims start at 17:00.

Oggmonster

If the programme starts at 3pm on BT then that'd be early prelims as well though is what I meant. The first fight on the early pre's is scheduled to start at 15:15. Prelims start at 17:00.
Ah fair play that might be the case, not to sure just noticed when I looked this morning it says it starts at 3pm so you're probably right.

Santos J

Ah fair play that might be the case, not to sure just noticed when I looked this morning it says it starts at 3pm so you're probably right.
Yeah would be a weird one. Might be a shite attempt to placate the reaction to them going PPV.

The early prelims are exclusive to UFC FIght Pass usually.
Yeah thought as much so weird that it looks like they're gonna be showing them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Main card is on BT Sport Box Office at 7pm. Prelims is on normal BT Sport at 3pm
If Saturdays fight card for UFC 242 starts at 7pm (UK time), what time do you think Khabib fight will be?

Also is it easy to find streams and if so, from where?

Last, does anyone know anywhere a good place to watch in London?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Really hope Poirier can find a way to do it, great guy he is. Hard not to see him getting his face smashed in though.

George Owen