The MMA thread

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This is a slightly tricky one. I don't like instant rematches but not too bothered if it was a long-serving champion. But it's all the favouritism that pisses me off. If Holloway gets this then surely Aldo should have after the 13 second KO.

I think Cejudo has vacated the Flyweight championship? Unless I'm mistaken, that's being contested for this weekend between Benavidez and Figueroa...
That’s good news actually, hadn’t even realized that. Benavidez is too good to be sitting around waiting. That should be a good fight.

Andersons Dietician

Been watching these inside videos of AKA. Gilroy vs Dagestan and so on but man DC and Kahbib need their own show. Hilarious.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Benavidez made weight for tomorrow Flyweight title fight. Sadly, Figuereido missed weight (127.5). He has one extra hour to try make weight.

Last edited:

Oggmonster

Benavidez made weight for tomorrow Flyweight title fight. Sadly, Figuereido missed weight (127.5). He has one extra hour to try make weight.

This is a good point to, don't think they're to arsed about keeping it round UFC. There is pretty much never any interest in the fights.

Fener1907

It's preposterous that a person fighting in the world's biggest MMA organization for a title can fail to make weight.

Cejudo "saved" the flyweight division against Dillishaw and then proceeded to let it return to life support. There is now a fighter who - best case scenario - is looking to stop his opponent from claiming the vacant title. Now really is Benavidez' time to shine.

George Owen

:lol: Nobody looks like. I think John Morgan should investigate with his first presser question.
:lol:

Early prelims starting in 15 minutes.

Weight classMethodRoundTimeNotes
Catchweight (127.5 lbs)Joseph Benavidezvs.Deiveson Figueiredo[a]
Women's FeatherweightFelicia Spencervs.Zarah Fairn dos Santos
Light HeavyweightIon Cuțelabavs.Magomed Ankalaev
Women's FeatherweightMegan Andersonvs.Norma Dumont Viana
Catchweight (149.5 lbs)Grant Dawsonvs.Darrick Minner
BantamweightGabriel Silvavs.Kyler Phillips
MiddleweightBrendan Allenvs.Tom Breese
HeavyweightMarcin Tyburavs.Sergey Spivak
LightweightLuis Peñavs.Steve Garcia
FeatherweightJordan Griffinvs.T.J. Brown
FeatherweightAalon Cruzvs.Spike Carlyle
WelterweightIsmail Naurdievvs.Sean Brady

kidbob

Luis Pena is absolute dogshit. Fighting a FW on short notice, and a debutant, with back control for the majority of the fight and can't do shit. I assume he left AKA because he didn't like hearing truths about his current ability. Almost caught in a triangle too.

George Owen

Luis Pena is absolute dogshit. Fighting a FW on short notice, and a debutant, with back control for the majority of the fight and can't do shit. I assume he left AKA because he didn't like hearing truths about his current ability. Almost caught in a triangle too.
100%. I'll never bet on him again after tonight. Yeah, he won, but it was dog shit. Any top 15 lightweight will murder him.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That might be the worst stoppage I've ever seen. It was going to be a great fight too, he was wobbling but I don't think he was hurt badly at all

KanieKaned

Very nice.

Man, literally 5 seconds before the KO, I was thinking "Damnn, Anderson fecking sucks. I wonder if she would be in the UFC without her looks"
I was the same :lol:

:lol: Literally one of the worse stoppages in history.

Cutelaba might have been on his way out, but damnnn, he wasn't even given a chance to fight.

And called a KO to make it even worse haha.
Stunned the ref stopped it when he did. Cutelaba was wobbled but in now out of the fight, he's still standing ffs.

George Owen

After a few replays, I was thinking similar. Who knows...

Anyway, I hope they ran it back. Cutelaba is a crazy fecker. It was nice seeing his mental warfare not working at all with the russian.

George Owen

Thank you for finishing it quickly and viciously. Spencer vs Anderson next would be fun.

Scratch that... Amanda Nunes wants to defend her belt against either of them. (Instead of getting rid of the Flyweights, scrap this joke of a division first)

Last edited: