The MMA thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Fair enough. If he remains with the UFC, he would be just a top10-15 gatekeeper, but there is no money on that. Other promotions can pay him better. PFL pays a million dollar to the winner of their tournaments. Edson would have decent chances if he give it a go before hanging em gloves.

kidbob

Sad about this but I understand. Incredible fighter is Barbosa, one of the best strikers in the business. His absolute destroying of Hooker (another great fighter) is an incredible watch. He's never getting near the title and to be fair Conor, Ferguson and especially Khabib make shit of him quite easily. Good that he recognises this and I hope Dana will grant him his wish.

On tonight, it's very interesting especially the women's fight. I (like it appears most do) expect Zhang to get the finish but the problem for her is that JJ is exceptional at dealing with pressure. There is a part of me that believes that JJ can give the type of performance she did against Andrade. It's entirely possible but I fancy Zhang either way. I hope Romero can beat Israel (who is amazing but I find him to be weirdly annoying), but Israel will likely pick him apart because Yoel doesn't have the gas tank to use his wrestling anymore and if it is a stand up fight then Israel is likely the best in the UFC at that game right now. If I was Romero I would put everything into getting him down in the first round and smashing his face ala Machida. For me that's his only real hope.

mu4c_20le

Losses to Lee and Gaethje meant that he would never get a title shot, he's at the level of gatekeeper or maybe just a notch above. Would love to see what he can do at Bellator.

kidbob

Was watching multiple DJ fights today for a trip down memory lane and my god he is incredible. For me he's the best MMA fighter ever and to hell with any MMA 'fans' who disregard the lighter fighters. The level of technique at those weight classes makes the heavier weights look like shit to be honest. Fun fact DJ finished more of his title fights than Jones. Also, while the Cejudo fight was close, he didn't 'lose' that fight as champion especially considering Jones got a 'champion' decision against Reyes and Santos. DJ is incredible at every aspect of MMA and the fact that Dana swapped him for a joke like Askren is some of the reason that MMA has never reached the legitimacy the Dana seems to strive for.

RedFish

Sad about this but I understand. Incredible fighter is Barbosa, one of the best strikers in the business. His absolute destroying of Hooker (another great fighter) is an incredible watch. He's never getting near the title and to be fair Conor, Ferguson and especially Khabib make shit of him quite easily. Good that he recognises this and I hope Dana will grant him his wish.

On tonight, it's very interesting especially the women's fight. I (like it appears most do) expect Zhang to get the finish but the problem for her is that JJ is exceptional at dealing with pressure. There is a part of me that believes that JJ can give the type of performance she did against Andrade. It's entirely possible but I fancy Zhang either way. I hope Romero can beat Israel (who is amazing but I find him to be weirdly annoying), but Israel will likely pick him apart because Yoel doesn't have the gas tank to use his wrestling anymore and if it is a stand up fight then Israel is likely the best in the UFC at that game right now. If I was Romero I would put everything into getting him down in the first round and smashing his face ala Machida. For me that's his only real hope.
Ferguson had his toughest fight against him arguably. One hell of a fight, that was.

kidbob

Ferguson had his toughest fight against him arguably. One hell of a fight, that was.
It definitely was but I feel that Ferguson has progressed and Barboza has slightly regressed. I think Conor just pressures him and picks him apart and Khabib is Khabib. It sucks because Barboza is a favourite of mine but if he feels the time is right then so be it. He's a champion is any other organisation in my opinion.

RedFish

It definitely was but I feel that Ferguson has progressed and Barboza has slightly regressed. I think Conor just pressures him and picks him apart and Khabib is Khabib. It sucks because Barboza is a favourite of mine but if he feels the time is right then so be it. He's a champion is any other organisation in my opinion.

Yeah, he deserves to be champ. His skills deserve it. Champ status would fit him well.

kidbob

Yeah, he deserves to be champ. His skills deserve it. Champ status would fit him well.
I agree, he's a seriously good fighter and is still top 5-7 for me in the UFC but if he wants a change he should get it.

George Owen

feck YEAH!! bye bye Guido.

He was clearly set up to lose. At 40yo and a UFC record of 2-4, its fair to say that's the last we gonna see of him on the octagon.

kidbob

Megan is an absolute champion for being there after what happened to Benavidez! Last fight was close but I agree with the decision.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Is tonight’s fights worth watching at a bar? Are there any other good ones besides the main event? Haven’t heard of any of these fighters besides Izzy and Romero.

George Owen

Unlucky Safarov... He fecked up holding to that guillotine. He was never gonna submit a BJJ monster. Should have fought the takedown instead.

Vieira looking like the cucuy from The Outsider.

mu4c_20le

Really impressive win after a long layoff. Looked so confident tonight, or just stoned.