The MMA thread

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Is he a known poster @Raoul or someone with very few posts?

Because I can't imagine UFC fighters having a lot of time to post on internet forums.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Is he a known poster @Raoul or someone with very few posts?

Because I can't imagine UFC fighters having a lot of time to post on internet forums.
why?

a lot of fighters spend their day fecking around in twitter...

they just go to work like everybody else, and use their free time to whatever they want, just like everyone else.

They don't live and train under the sea in some nuclear submarine :lol:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
why?

a lot of fighters spend their day fecking around in twitter...

they just go to work like everybody else, and use their free time to whatever they want, just like everyone else.

They don't live and train under the sea in some nuclear submarine :lol:
No but they spend half of their lives training on a snowy mountain in Tibet. I've seen my share of kung fu films to know exactly how they live.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Lot's of interesting nuggets in here, especially about Nate. I didn't know the bits about Khabib's liver. That's him off the contender's chart then.

Oggmonster

Lot's of interesting nuggets in here, especially about Nate. I didn't know the bits about Khabib's liver. That's him off the contender's chart then.

I'm really not a fan of Schaub but fair play to him for making such a success out of himself from fighting. He was an average fighter but has done ridiculously well in his media career since. He has a point regarding Nate to he should of been at least slightly praising Conor. I never quite get why fighters in MMA or boxing talk shit of their opponents abilities really cos if you end up losing you just look a bit of an idiot...surely you should praise them somewhat you're kind of talking down your own achievement by talking shit about them. At least Mayweather in boxing pretty much says everyone is "a hell of a fighter"

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Haven't seen this interview but I'm pretty certain Nate did praise Connor and was the few people openly saying Connor has a shot against Mayweather.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Haven't seen this interview but I'm pretty certain Nate did praise Connor and was the few people openly saying Connor has a shot against Mayweather.
Nate has been pretty negative about the Floyd/Conor fight. Probably because he's jealous of the money Conor is making. Personally, I'm not as interested in another Nate/Conor fight. I'd rather see Conor fight the winner of Ferguson/Lee and see some regular order restored to the division.

Oggmonster

Nate has been pretty negative about the Floyd/Conor fight. Probably because he's jealous of the money Conor is making. Personally, I'm not as interested in another Nate/Conor fight. I'd rather see Conor fight the winner of Ferguson/Lee and see some regular order restored to the division.
Definitely agree with the sentiment but the 2nd was one of best fights in years so I can't say I'd complain to much if it happened. Do agree I'd like to say Ferguson or Lee get a shot as well though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Definitely agree with the sentiment but the 2nd was one of best fights in years so I can't say I'd complain to much if it happened. Do agree I'd like to say Ferguson or Lee get a shot as well though.
Part of it is also the sheer lazyness of both the Diaz brothers. Nate refuses to fight unless he gets a massive money fight like Conor and now Nick has basically stopped fighting unless he also gets a massive pay day. They're good fighters but they shouldn't receive any special treatment just because they are the Diaz brothers. Personally, I'm quite comfortable that Ferguson, Lee, and Khabib would beat Nate, so its a bit rich of him to attempt to leapfrog over all of them when there are better fighters available.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't see why there would be any time pressure on a McGregor/Diaz rematch so there's no real reason not to just fight Ferguson/Lee first and restore structure to the division. The Diaz fight can always come after. Plus it's not like a McGregor v Lee/Ferguson wouldn't be able to generate a lot of hype and money anyway.

All things being equal it would be nice if people fought whoever they're supposed to fight.

Oggmonster

Part of it is also the sheer lazyness of both the Diaz brothers. Nate refuses to fight unless he gets a massive money fight like Conor and now Nick has basically stopped fighting unless he also gets a massive pay day. They're good fighters but they shouldn't receive any special treatment just because they are the Diaz brothers. Personally, I'm quite comfortable that Ferguson, Lee, and Khabib would beat Nate, so its a bit rich of him to attempt to leapfrog over all of them when there are better fighters available.
Yeah they frustrate me with that to and play the victims all the time (Nick is worse than Nate in that regard.) I'd rather Conor fought the winner of Lee Vs Ferguson as I think both are interesting match ups and hope he sticks around for 1 more fight vs one of them 2 but I don't think Diaz 3 would be a match up that would annoy me like some recent UFC Match making

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
I don't see why there would be any time pressure on a McGregor/Diaz rematch so there's no real reason not to just fight Ferguson/Lee first and restore structure to the division. The Diaz fight can always come after. Plus it's not like a McGregor v Lee/Ferguson wouldn't be able to generate a lot of hype and money anyway.

All things being equal it would be nice if people fought whoever they're supposed to fight.
I would guess UFC think if McGregor lost to Ferguson or Lee then the Diaz fight won't have the same amount of hype as if he fights him soon.

SteveTheRed

Shouldn't be special treatment but then I can see it from Diaz brothers POV. They don't want to be fighting top 10 contenders for shit pay because they realise that any fight can be lost, they know the fans love them and they can hype a fight why not wait until the big pay day fight and make 5x what you would have going through 3-4 gruelling camps etc.

Personally I'd love to see the Diaz/McGregor trilogy.

Oggmonster

Shouldn't be special treatment but then I can see it from Diaz brothers POV. They don't want to be fighting top 10 contenders for shit pay because they realise that any fight can be lost, they know the fans love them and they can hype a fight why not wait until the big pay day fight and make 5x what you would have going through 3-4 gruelling camps etc.

Personally I'd love to see the Diaz/McGregor trilogy.
If they don'r want to fight it's fair enough and their choice but most fighters could say that. Especially if it's a fight with Conor that's in waiting which will always be huge numbers.

I think Nick is a good enough draw, Nate isn't nearly as big as people make out without the Conor fight though for me. I'd argue he's a gatekeeper who hit the jackpot and has the ideal fight style to challenge 1 top opponent. Khabib, Tony etc all beat him easily...I also think Conor beats him pretty convincingly if they fight again.

SteveTheRed

If they don'r want to fight it's fair enough and their choice but most fighters could say that. Especially if it's a fight with Conor that's in waiting which will always be huge numbers.

I think Nick is a good enough draw, Nate isn't nearly as big as people make out without the Conor fight though for me. I'd argue he's a gatekeeper who hit the jackpot and has the ideal fight style to challenge 1 top opponent. Khabib, Tony etc all beat him easily...I also think Conor beats him pretty convincingly if they fight again.
Agreed, possibly Conor too but I think Diaz is due a rematch. It would be a huge PPV for UFC and it's probably the right move for Conor. Ticks all the boxes for McGregor to take that fight.

Fans want to see it.
Knows he can beat Diaz if he trains right.
More money than Khabib or Ferguson imo.
Defends a title.

Coming off the back of a loss in the boxing ring, he will know that he is more than capable to stand up with Nate Diaz. Not so sure how he would fair against Khabib or even Ferguson assuming he beats Lee.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Its good to have real fighting back tomorrow

At normal time for me too, although prelims clash with the Ireland game

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Jones, the reigning UFC light heavyweight champion, passed a post-fight blood screening administered by USADA on July 29 in the aftermath of his victory over Daniel Cormier at UFC 214, MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani has learned. The negative test was administered just one day after Jones’ infamous July 28 urine screening, which popped positive for the anabolic steroid Turinabol.

In addition, Jones passed a pair of out-of-competition USADA drug screenings on July 6 and July 7, the former a blood and urine test, and the latter a urine test.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
WTF is going on with the tests? Some feck up or conspiracy on hand?
Apparently the blood test doesn't test for Turanabol but the urine one does. I still don't believe any of this until the B-sample comes back next week.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Aldo comes across as a supremely bitter arsehole when it comes to all things McGregor