The MMA thread

haram

Outcry saying he should be banned is hilarious. Conor got destroyed.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thev dude in the red who threw a right at Conor is Zubaira Tukhugov, another ufc fighter. Well, not anymore I guess.
Hasn't fought in two years anyway

Trizy

Ferguson fight: absolute warriors
McGregor fight: Boring wrestling for 90% of the fight.

Back to my earlier post, it's exactly why I don't watch UFC regularly.

As for the after fight stuff, the UFC has finally become the WWE :lol:

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Serious question: Did Conor actually use anti-Islamic rhetoric prior to the fight? If so, what did he say?

Not that it would justify Khabib's actions, in my view; I'm just genuinely curious, as I didn't follow the buildup to the match.

Nucks

RT History Department
I'm just talking about Khabib, the sucker punch was definitely 100% wrong, and I have no qualms in agreeing with you there.
Here is what is interesting. It actually looks like Conor swung first, or at the very least provoked a confrontation with the first guy where they both swing at each other. Conor did get sucker punched, but it wasn't out of the blue.

Watch this. https://clips.twitch.tv/SwissCheerfulTriangleKappa

Art

Art the artist
What's hard to take is Conor fans calling oppositions classless. Conor's persona is built on shittalk.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He did get destroyed but he certainly didn't quit until Khabib forced him to.
He was hardly forced, the choke wasn't even in properly. You can see McGregor actually takes time to think about whether to tap or not and he still decided to do it. I would have had much more respect for him if he went out like Bisping or Holm did. Although it is probably too much to ask that of someone. Meh.

rotherham_red

What goes around comes around eh.
Yep, I forgot about this. Anyone going on about Khabib and saying he's never fighting in UFC again, can get to feck. If McGregor can do the above and also the bus incident which actually caused them to lose money, then they're living on cloud cuckoo land..

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
It wasn't just the drinking, he called his manager a terrorist, and his dad the puppet of a fecking tyrant. Going to family alone is a step too far as is, but to add religion into it, for a deeply religious man who adheres to the most scrutinised religion in the world, I can absolutely see why he snapped the way he did.
The stuff he said about his dad was shitty, think most would agree. I don't have much sympathy for anyone who loses their rag over someone calling their superstitions dumb, though that might not have even factored into it as he had other reasons to be pissed off.

Asger

Absolutely no problem on my end with Khabib’s actions after the fight. (His man who vaulted the cage to land a few on McGregor is a different story but entirely understandable at the same time.) McGregor’s disrespect and vulgarity crosses the line far, far too often and he got his just desserts tonight.

Khabib was a stone-cold killer in preparation, not reacting to McGregor’s cheap stunts in the build-up, was ultra professional in the octagon tonight and then all the hate and anger poured out of him post-fight. Only the biggest McGregor fanboi would be offended with his behaviour after the submission tonight.

So if it's fine I guess Cantona did the right thing as Well ?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What's hard to take is Conor fans calling oppositions classless. Conor's persona is built on shittalk.
He's the best promoter in the business, but I'm sure he realizes that at some point talking shit to an opponent could backfire spectacularly if he winds up getting beat.

Shark

@NotShark
No excuses for what happened after the fight, but McGregor crossed all lines prior to that and knowing where Khabib is from, this mess was long time coming. McGregor was baiting him for months, mocking his religion, insulting his father, etc. Dagestan isn't the kind of place you can talk shit about someone's family and faith and they'll just let it slide. There are blood feuds in that part of the world that go back decades, if not centuries. You can get killed for something like that.

Somehow Conor fans seem to forget how out of control he was for months in the build up to the fight. Any average Joe would have been locked up for the bus attack alone. But Dana White only sees $$$ and the more controvercy, the better for his bottom line. I bet before that crowd fight was over he was already hatching a plan in that bald head of his on how to make a few more bucks out of Khabib vs Conor II: The Dagestani Barbarian vs The Irish Wanker or something of that nature.
Is that not disturbing?

haram

There’s more than one way to win. What Khabib did was impressive.

tyunited

UFC loves the drama... Putting the Conor bus incident in the promo says it all... Controversy sells... And so will this

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
Khabib's a scumbag for attacking someone that was provoking him, meanwhile the cnut mcgregor shows up at a bus and causes 2/3 fights to get cancelled and walks away with disorderly conduct and is getting sued by Chiesa. Yeah...Khabib's the scumbag here lol.

Btw, McNuggets tapped AGAIN...hahahahahaha.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Me and the wife thought it was great tbh. We prefer wrestling to stand up though.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I doubt anything will come of it. There is video evidence that Conor instigated that exchange.
No there isn't? In the video you posted the guy is already getting held back before he runs at McGregor, which suggests that he had already did or said something to McGregor.

soap

Serious question: Did Conor actually use anti-Islamic rhetoric prior to the fight? If so, what did he say?

Not that it would justify Khabib's actions, in my view; I'm just genuinely curious, as I didn't follow the buildup to the match.
Took the piss out of him for not drinking and called Khabib's manager a "terrorist snitch". There's some back story to that as the guy was genuinely believed to be involved in some sort of radical Islamist group a while back (pretty easy to find on Youtube) so I wouldn't say that's bigotry or whatever. The stuff he said about Khabib's dad/attacking the bus is far worse!

Trizy

There’s more than one way to win. What Khabib did was impressive.
No doubt. Doesn't make it less boring though.

Just watched the after fight drama again. Looks like Kabib try assault someone by not throwing a punch, but trying to wrestling him :lol:. Boring bastard can't even start a brawl!

Habs

I just don't think he has the fight in him when things start going wrong, looks like he could barely wait before he tapped out. All that talk, all those insults, talking about how he and his fans are taking over and thats how you perform? He needed to be humbled, and Khabib embarrassed him. Khabib just lost it at the end and ruined his moment

soap

Khabib's a scumbag for attacking someone that was provoking him, meanwhile the cnut mcgregor shows up at a bus and causes 2/3 fights to get cancelled and walks away with disorderly conduct and is getting sued by Chiesa. Yeah...Khabib's the scumbag here lol.

Btw, McNuggets tapped AGAIN...hahahahahaha.
They can both be scumbags, ya know.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

Maybe you should stick to boxing, mma is so much more.

Nucks

RT History Department
No there isn't? In the video you posted the guy is already getting held back before he runs at McGregor, which suggests that he had already did or said something to McGregor.
Uh. The guy JUMPS into the cage. Runs PAST Conor. Conor moves towards him (Im assuming says something) the guy TURNS, circles BACK AROUND to Conor, and they both swing at each other. A second guy JUMPS in with the red shirt, and swings at McGregor.

This is like, incredibly simple to follow.

Charlie Foley

the irony is this "get the boys on him" is what I'd nearly expect of McGregor which is me being judgmental in my own right, but it's why I don't like McGregor. So I can't like this in Khabib... It's why I didn't like slapping Artem, it's why I didn't like Conor flying his boys over to NY.

I'm just talking about Khabib, the sucker punch was definitely 100% wrong, and I have no qualms in agreeing with you there.
who else are you talking about? I'm confused by that :angel:

I am guessing here our cultural/religious upbringing/backgrounds are giving us very different perspectives on what's an appropriate response to what's been done in the past. Maybe I'm wrong with that but it's an interesting thought. Perhaps we can discuss on a less emotionally charged night.

Also no idea what was said by Dillon but youre making assumptions there (you could be correct!)
Exactly....all the Conor fan boys turn a blind eye to this kind of shit and are calling Khabib a cnut?
what if I don't like either of them? Can I call them both cnuts?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Did he though? He wasn't even under his chin.
Tougher fighters would have tried to get out of the situation.
McGregor just knows he has no way to defend himself on the ground vs good BJJ guys.