The MMA thread

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
How is Khabib not disqualified for that?

I don't see how he's not stripped for that and suspended.

Conor was acting way, way too cocky in the stand-up, which is just needless. Removed his only chance to win with that foolishly brazen approach.

Khabib wanted to kill him. Literally.
McGregor's eyes have the game away when he was wankering around pre-flight. Looked to me that he didn't believe it himself.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
McGregor is a racist bigot and a thug...glad he got what he deserved.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Ladies and gentlemen, if you would like to see what started the "conor" incident.

I give you Conor McGregor, swinging at a guy sitting on the fence.
Ok, McGregor is as big as a cnut as Khabib then. First time he was his equal all night!

Nucks

RT History Department
Pretty much indisputable at this point. Dude jumps onto the fence, and Conor jumps up and swings at him, and then the mayhem in the cage starts.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Ladies and gentlemen, if you would like to see what started the "conor" incident.

To be fair, I don’t like McGregor, but he’s reacting to a second Khabib entourage member jumping the fence to get at his own backroom team. Understandable he’d react like that but it does seem he threw the first punch in that altercation.

sizzling sausages

Scout
@rotherham_red you can think McGregor is a cnut and still think what Khabib did was out of order. There's no one here making out like McGregor is innocent.

stevoc

Why are people speculating about who Khabib will fight next?

Thats basically his career over, legal proceedings for assault, possible jail, no visa to the US, and most likely stripped of the title. Idiotic after such a great performance in a great fight, he legitimizes his title by beating the biggest star in the sport and then does that shit. Crazy.

He didn't attack a defenseless person. He went after another fighter, who looked to be bigger than he is, and the guy gave better than he got by the looks of it. If you look at the twitch clip. Conor also looks to not exactly be innocent in the part he was involved with. Guy jumps into cage, runs past Conor, Conor says/does something, guy comes back towards Conor, Conor and that dude swing at each other. Second guy in red shirt jumps into cage and takes a swing at Conor. Looks to have clipped him.
I doubt that will matter, he attacked someone outside of a fight. Thats assault look at what happened to Paul Daley when he punched another fighter after the fight had ended, he hasn't fought in the UFC since. Khabib should never fight in the UFC again either.

Those other two guys who jumped in to sucker punch a guy who just fought 4 rounds have also kissed their MMA careers goodbye. Cowardly as feck.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
So Conor is a horrible bigot because he called Khabib backwards but you calling McGregor a "leprechaun twat" is perfectly fine apparently. Wise up.
Wow, you're real classy with your leprechaun comment. Well fecking done. Top job.

cnut.

sizzling sausages

Scout
Haha, you held my feet to the fire, so I had to dig to see if there was anything from before that!
I was just going by what the first video showed, I wasn't even really trying to defend Mcgregor! You have been proven right though.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Serious question: Did Conor actually use anti-Islamic rhetoric prior to the fight? If so, what did he say?

Not that it would justify Khabib's actions, in my view; I'm just genuinely curious, as I didn't follow the buildup to the match.
I recall he was blurring 'terrorist' and then shouting Abdul Azziz terrorist, he also tried to offer Khabib alcohol but when Khabib said he doesn't drink alcohol mcgregor then called him backward.,but there was various other about his dad and Chechnya.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Thats basically his career over, legal proceedings for assault, possible jail, no visa to the US, and most likely stripped of the title. Idiotic after such a great performance in a great fight, he legitimizes his title by beating the biggest star in the sport and then does that shit. Crazy.

I doubt that will matter, he attacked someone outside of a fight. Thats assault look at what happened to Paul Daley when he punched another fighter after the fight had ended, he hasn't fought in the UFC since. Khabib should never fight in the UFC again either.

Those other two guys who jumped in to sucker punch a guy who just fought 4 rounds have also kissed their MMA careers goodbye. Cowardly as feck.
Rumours he's retiring anyway aren't there? One of the guys who jumped in hasn't fought in over 2 years. Don't think it matters greatly to them.

Zebs

That's after they attacked Conor. You can see the guy in red jump back out of the cage.

Nucks

RT History Department
That's after they attacked Conor. You can see the guy in red jump back out of the cage.
No it isn't. This started all the shit in the cage. Khabib had JUST jumped out. The other guy jumped up, possibly to jump out. Conor jumps up, swings at him. Seconds later, is where you see the OTHER clip I posted pick up. A guy in a black shirt jumps in, runs past Conor, then circles back, and he and Conor swing at each other. Then the guy in red, the second guy to jump in, sucker punches Conor.

DarkXaero

Boring as feck, last time I’m watching that guy fight.

Turns out every bit as much of a cnut as Conor as well, it seems. Disgusting behaviour.

UFC won’t be happy with this outcome either since he’s one of the least exciting fighters out there.
That performance was anything but boring. It was straight up domination with some of the most brutal ground & pound I've seen in MMA, and I've watched MMA for a very long time. He beat Conor in standup, beat the shit out of him on the ground, and then got the submission. It was total domination (aside from round 3 where Khabib eased off to regain some stamina) and great to watch, unless you're a McGregor fanboy.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
I recall he was blurring 'terrorist' and then shouting Abdul Azziz terrorist, he also tried to offer Khabib alcohol but when Khabib said he doesn't drink alcohol mcgregor then called him backward.,but there was various other about his dad and Chechnya.
Again I don't think this justifies what Khabib did, but sweet mercy is McGregor a s--tstain.

rotherham_red

@rotherham_red you can think McGregor is a cnut and still think what Khabib did was out of order. There's no one here making out like McGregor is innocent.
I don't disagree that it was wrong, and if it was me in that position, I'd have definitely not done the same thing. I can just see why he did what he did when you take into account everything that went on in the build up.

haram

That performance was anything but boring. It was straight up domination with some of the most brutal ground & pound I've seen in MMA, and I've watched MMA for a very long time. He beat Conor in standup, beat the shit out of him on the ground, and then got the submission. It was total domination (aside from round 3 where Khabib eased off to regain some stamina) and great to watch, unless you're a McGregor fanboy.
It was boring if you wanted McGregor to win because he got completely dominated.

rotherham_red

Wow, you're real classy with your leprechaun comment. Well fecking done. Top job.

cnut.
Nice that you didn't see my response to him apologising for the comment, you one eyed snidey bitch. Work on your reading before posting next time. Now sincerely, go feck yourself.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
UFC is two blokes in their pants fighting in a cage to entertain others. Let's not pretend it's some noble thing that is tarnished by stuff like this.

I enjoyed the chaos! It's cool when the fighters are respectful but this was funny and nobody got hurt.

Zebs

Nice that you didn't see my response to him apologising for the comment, you one eyed snidey bitch. Work on your reading before posting next time. Now sincerely, go feck yourself.
You're right, I didn't see it. Laughable that you're trying to take the high ground all the same .

Best of luck.

Charlie Foley

My memory is that someone from Diaz's crew threw the first water bottle. So by your own logic in this thread Conor doing it was perfectly fine :lol:

Personally I think it's another example of what a prize bellend he is.

What people don't seem to be understanding is that the perfect way to shut up the McGregor 'fanboys' would have been Khabib rising above this all. Remember Lesnar-Mir 2? "Talk all the shit you want now."

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You should work on your anger before posting instead. :lol:

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Again, walk a mile in his shoes and then you can say that. He holds his religion closer to him than even his own family, so seriously, I can see why he did what he did after everything he was put through in the build up.
Fine then I'm just gonna say walk a mile in Conor's shoes before criticising his shitty behaviour. Fortunately we don't like in a society with blasphemy laws, so if someone calls you a dafty cos you think a sky monster is gonna be mad at you for drinking you take that on the chin.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Because Conor has done pretty much the exact same things and his next fight was a title fight.

Your second paragraph could almost be written word for word about Conor at certain times in his career, yet here he is fighting for titles.

I think the biggest issue most have with all of this is the double standards for Conor.

I can't deny what Khabib and his team did wasn't stupid, but it seems some want different punishments for different people.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Bullshit comment IMO. "Different culture" is all too often used to justify uncivilized behavior at best and outright savagery at worst. They pretty much proved the backwards comment was spot on actually