The MMA thread

Phil Jones Face

I can see Khabib's argument in all fairness. Besides Conor attacking the bus, insulting his family and stoking the geopolitical tensions, it's quite clear from the video that Danis goaded Khabib post fight to come at him and that it was Conor who threw the first of several punches at Khabib's team, before he was sucker punched himself.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It doesn't fecking matter what video evidence people use or arguement they make.

McGregor fans will think he's right, Khabib fans will think he's right and no evidence will change their minds.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that Tony Ferguson said he ain't no rat, he's a turtle... A ninja turtle. But he forgot that the ninja turtles are trained by a rat :lol:

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I agree with the punishment part but it's important to note that Conor punched someone outside of the cage and then punched Khabib's brother who was leaving the cage while ignoring him, that's what focused the attention on him. He wasn't simply a defeated fighter, he was one of the main protagonist. Now Zubaira suckerpunching him was lame and should be sanctioned accordingly.
??

Oggmonster

It doesn't fecking matter what video evidence people use or arguement they make.

McGregor fans will think he's right, Khabib fans will think he's right and no evidence will change their minds.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that Tony Ferguson said he ain't no rat, he's a turtle... A ninja turtle. But he forgot that the ninja turtles are trained by a rat :lol:
To be honest they both seem like dicks.

Way I've always seen it is I don't know either of them so don't get to offended what they do outside of fighting. They're both good at that and highly skilled so I just enjoy them for that reallt...not to arsed about anything else

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If they fight again I wouldn't be surprised to see it shatter the PPV record again. 4m buys wouldn't be out of the question.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think he meant on top of the cage.
Yeah, I meant someone that is outside of the cage, I think that it was Islam but he seems to miss because security pull him back, on the fence he punches Khabib's brother.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
If they fight again I wouldn't be surprised to see it shatter the PPV record again. 4m buys wouldn't be out of the question.
4m buys would be highly fanciful. I’m amazed at the 2.4m buys as it is as the vast majority of people I know who watched it all streamed it illegally. I didn’t think it would surpass 2m when Dana was talking about how high it was tracking last week. Crazy numbers.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Yeah, I meant someone that is outside of the cage, I think that it was Islam but he seems to miss because security pull him back, on the fence he punches Khabib's brother.
He didn't punch anyone at that stage, Conor was trying to get out of the ring to help Danis. The first punch he throws is at the other guy sitting on the fence.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
4m buys would be highly fanciful. I’m amazed at the 2.4m buys as it is as the vast majority of people I know who watched it all streamed it illegally. I didn’t think it would surpass 2m when Dana was talking about how high it was tracking last week. Crazy numbers.
Yep....and now that there is double the beef between the fighters from the dollygate incident, I would expect public interest to explode now that Khabib is more of a known quantity among casuals and those who generally don't watch MMA other than the mega fights.

Well by that logic it will happen again then

Nate and Conor wouldn’t get near that, and that is the only thing out there that might get close

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He didn't punch anyone at that stage, Conor was trying to get out of the ring to help Danis. The first punch he throws is at the other guy sitting on the fence.
My bad, I remembered the first swing before that.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
To be honest they both seem like dicks.

Way I've always seen it is I don't know either of them so don't get to offended what they do outside of fighting. They're both good at that and highly skilled so I just enjoy them for that reallt...not to arsed about anything else
See I feel quite the opposite.

I think McGregor is no worse than the next man when he's not promoting a fight. He acts like a knob when promoting, but we all know that's just to drum up the dollars.

Khabib also usually seems like a chilled funny dude if you look at videos and stuff online and just did a really stupid thing by jumping the cage, despite of he was goaded into it.

The dolly incident is the only one for me where I would get upset personally because McGregor flew half way around the world to do it and it seriously injured people also was unfair on people that bought tickets to the event as well as unfair on the fighters that had their contest cancelled.

Otherwise, think they're not bad dudes and people are just blowing things out of proportion.

Andersons Dietician

Anyone ever seen those Russian or Polish videos where it’s like a 6 on 6 MMA fight. I feel here is the solution to all this team rivalry. It could be hilarious.

The incident that really escalated this was Khabib and entourage surrounding Artem, in response to that Conor comes with a massive entourage to try and intimidate Khabib the same way and mob mentality things get very very out of hand and he flies over the line with a jet pack attached to him.

I kinda agree with what @Dirty Schwein was saying, in that The Notoriuos One is a character Conor plays to sell the brand, because he has moments of complete clarity where he suddenly becomes a normal person with intelligent things to say and can even be a nice guy. That press conference recently when he was fully going in on Khabib then someone asked him what he thought of Diaz vs Poirier and massive change in gear and spike well about them, I would think if you’re really that fired up about Khabib and going full ham on him I don’t think you could change so suddenly.

He’s just a guy playing a guy playing another guy who is a guy.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Anyone ever seen those Russian or Polish videos where it’s like a 6 on 6 MMA fight. I feel here is the solution to all this team rivalry. It could be hilarious.
Khabib, Makhachev, Tukhugov, DC, Rockhold & Cain

Vs.

McGregor, Artem, Gunni, Danis, Amirkhani & Gallagher

I'm all in on that :lol:

stevoc

The UFC let this shit start by not punishing McGregor for the trolley throw and then escalated it by not punishing Khabib for attacking Danis. They’re both big stars and they need Ppv money, they should have both been suspended but fair enough.

But they’ll have to draw a line somewhere and punish someone for all this shit. The guys who jumped into the cage can’t fight in the UFC again. If they let them off it sets a precedent and it will happen again. I don’t see how they can back down on this one after Dana already said they’re done.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The UFC let this shit start by not punishing McGregor for the trolley throw and then escalated it by not punishing Khabib for attacking Danis. They’re both big stars and they need Ppv money, they should have both been suspended but fair enough.

But they’ll have to draw a line somewhere and punish someone for all this shit. The guys who jumped into the cage can’t fight in the UFC again. If they let them off it sets a precedent and it will happen again. I don’t see how they can back down on this one after Dana already said they’re done.
If that bald twat said they're done... It means they're all getting pay rise.

RedRevongge

To me the brawl is pretty clear cut:

• Danis maybe instigated the brawl by shit talking to Khabib although no one knows for sure what he said. This is part of the fight game though. People talk trash all the time.
  • Khabib's reaction was terrible. In no situation should you attack someone before or after the fight.
  • People are saying Conor threw the first punch however this was in reaction to Khabib jumping the fence the throwing a kick at Danis. Conor, i'm sure in his mind, saw one of Khabib's team climb the fence to help Khabib and threw a punch. This is how I would guess he saw things in the moment
  • Khabib's team jumping Conor was terrible as well. They should be banned for sure.
I know a lot of people will point to Conor's misdemeanours such as the bus incident, Bellator and bottle throwing but you can't justify what Team Khabib did just because someone else has done bad things in the past. I also see a lot of people condemning the fact that Conor wasn't heavily penalised however, like it or not, the big stars also have more leeway in these kind of things.

Imagine if the Kung Fu kick Cantona did was another player and they would almost certainly be fired by the club, but because it was Cantona he got of relatively lightly.

Any rematch now will be huge though as the grudge is even bigger. I can just imagine if Conor somehow manages to win a rematch and they go for a trilogy fight. That would do the most insane PPV numbers ever

Raoul

Admin
Staff

• Danis maybe instigated the brawl by shit talking to Khabib although no one knows for sure what he said. This is part of the fight game though. People talk trash all the time.
  • Khabib's reaction was terrible. In no situation should you attack someone before or after the fight.
  • People are saying Conor threw the first punch however this was in reaction to Khabib jumping the fence the throwing a kick at Danis. Conor, i'm sure in his mind, saw one of Khabib's team climb the fence to help Khabib and threw a punch. This is how I would guess he saw things in the moment
  • Khabib's team jumping Conor was terrible as well. They should be banned for sure.
I know a lot of people will point to Conor's misdemeanours such as the bus incident, Bellator and bottle throwing but you can't justify what Team Khabib did just because someone else has done bad things in the past. I also see a lot of people condemning the fact that Conor wasn't heavily penalised however, like it or not, the big stars also have more leeway in these kind of things.

Imagine if the Kung Fu kick Cantona did was another player and they would almost certainly be fired by the club, but because it was Cantona he got of relatively lightly.

Any rematch now will be huge though as the grudge is even bigger. I can just imagine if Conor somehow manages to win a rematch and they go for a trilogy fight. That would do the most insane PPV numbers ever
A bit too lenient on Conor’s team imo. Both sides were active participants in a beef that has been going on for 6 months and should be evaluated based on the totality of events leading up to the post fight brawl.

cyberman

A bit too lenient on Conor’s team imo. Both sides were active participants in a beef that has been going on for 6 months and should be evaluated based on the totality of events leading up to the post fight brawl.
Khabib clearly started it though, that's all that matters.
What happened six months ago has been dealt with. If Khabib didn't act like a thug then the past 6 months would be put behind us.
Just because he jumped the fence doesn't mean we should find excuses as to why he did it. Individuals from both camps shouldn't suffer because of it.
Khabib doesn't have that power.

cyberman

What happened six months ago has been dealt with. If Khabib didn't act like a thug then the past 6 months would be put behind us.
Just because he jumped the fence doesn't mean we should find excuses as to why he did it. Individuals from both camps shouldn't suffer because of it.
Everybody is an idiot!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Everybody is an idiot!
Conor has jumped the fence in the past and invaded a Bellator Octagon as well with no repurcussions.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Khabib, Makhachev, Tukhugov, DC, Rockhold & Cain

Vs.

McGregor, Artem, Gunni, Danis, Amirkhani & Gallagher

I'm all in on that :lol:
I'm just imagining the look on Gunnar Nelson's face as he finds himself somehow involved in a MMA gang war. :lol:

rotherham_red

Dana also said Conor was done after the dolly throw...

rotherham_red

Cantona was banned by Utd for 9 months before he even got a punishment from the FA