The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanda

I lost hope in the last game against Derby. Have defended Jose previously, but that's enough. He bought a lot of these players, and he has failed to do... anything with them.

Morpheus 7

Not coming back from this, the United bench with 5 minutes to go showed you everything you need to know. He can blame everyone but he's created the mess we are witnessing.

Kazi

Changing our manager is definitely going to solve all of our problems, like the last 2 times we changed our manager. Let Mourinho at least try to sort this club out, no one else we bring in will have the balls to.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This thread was created for Mourinho's supporters, please do not wum or derail the thread any further — the rest of the forum is full of (well deserved) negativity anyway.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Yeah, today is the tipping point for me. I think his position is almost untenable now. However, I don't really have any faith in us to make a successful next appointment.

redmanc

Parking the bus practically with how many DMs in the squad against West-fecking-Ham, jesus fecking christ, we're man united not Bolton fecking wanderers.

He needs to be gone this weekend.

Yagami

Good post resistant
His time is probably up, yeah. However, the point scoring in here is not very classy.
Dude, you were incredibly belittling to those of us who knew he wasn't going to be a success here. It's not even about point scoring either, we're just venting after another poor display.

Neo_Mufc

All wee need now is an LVG esque interview. The fans are shouting Mourinhos Red Army.

luck&neat

Think today is the turning point for me. Will always want to back the team and manager, but being outplayed by Wolves Derby and West ham in the space of a week isn't good enough.

The constant exile of players from the squad is hugely divisive for a team short of confidence already.

Different personnel and tactical setup defensively every game and then we wonder why we are so shaky at the back?

There's clearly more issues at the club than Mourinho, but the manager is a massive contributing factor in it.

Mourinho was broken by Madrid. His record pre and post Madrid prove that. Him living in a hotel for the past two and a half years also doesn't ring of somebody comfortable at the club.

The_Midfielder

By the looks of things we already out of top 4...
We are out of top 4 .. there is no way we will get it this year ..We havent played any of the top teams and we almost 6 points behind.. get a new coach.. try for top 4 .

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Gone awfully quiet from the people who want Mourinho in hasn't it
Third season syndrome. A myth. They proved it. The gall of them to be so high and mighty when others ('part time' supporters in their eyes) have been proven right in the end. Again.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
We are still wealthy club and I think at some point we will get it right.

But he is done as a top flight manager.

No one in England top 6 will touch him.

Bayern hierachy despise him.

Barca and Real wouldnt touch him.

AC Milan, Juventus and Roma wouldnt want him. Their fans actually hate him.

Maybe Inter because Moratti loves him. But thats it
Portugal NT is his most likely next move. Don't think PSG still interested.

Robbie Boy

I’m sorry but how anyone can still want him here after the last few months is now completely beyond me. Not just are there no signs of improving, we are actively regressing and the club seems at war.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A lot has changed though and I think we need to put that into context too. Faria out, Carrick Mckenna promoted. There is a teething period and it sort of shows in our style.

Some matches we look great like Watford Burnley or Young Boys (meh to young boys but it's still a fixture).

Others we look lost. As I said he needs more time to get it right regardless of what people want to say about 3rd season rubbish. If it was really such a big thing we should have sacked him last season. But we didn't so we may as well hope he cleans up our team whilst he's here rather than compete with one another on "I called this first" .
To be fair you could add Spurs to that list of good performances even though we lost 3-0.

The good performances come entirely from the fact that we have a talented bunch of players in our squad, talented enough that their ability will shine through in spite of Jose's tactical approach and strategy. Good players simply win games of their own accord.

A mix of good and bad performances is down to the manager's tactics and his inability to consistently motivate his players. Jose has lost the dressing room and there is no getting it back after that happens. Surely you can see it's time for him to go.

Wishbone Ash

Get out of my club.

Pogba is the best mid of this generation and you're treating him like trash.
For the Love of God, can someone please provide me with links to the performances of Pogba's which demonstrate that he's the best, better than all the rest, better than De Bruyne, Silva, Modric, Kroos, Ozil etc? When are people gonna realise that both he AND Jose need to do one? "Treating Pogba like trash?" Why? Because he doesn't reward him for turning in dross performances? Pogba's had about half a dozen really good games in over two years, at best, yet according to some NONE of this is his responsibility? The Poba diehards are embarrassing. He's all hype. Get rid of the pair of them.

Pacificgi

Jose really doesnt help himself with his decisions today. This club is toxic though, just get the feeling if we hired poch or klopp theyd not be operating in the way theyre allowed to do at spurs or pool

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Changing our manager is definitely going to solve all of our problems, like the last 2 times we changed our manager. Let Mourinho at least try to sort this club out, no one else we bring in will have the balls to.
I will ask you a simple question..when has Mourinho ever fixed a club?

There is a reason he only stays at clubs for 3 years max. You are asking him to do something he has never done in his career. Why will it start now?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Had no idea why he was Scott playing in defence
Had no idea why he kept Matic and Lukaku on
Had no idea why he pulled Pogba and Martial when the replacements Mata and Fred were hiding from the field.

Long story shot - dressing room lost. Sack him and take the next 2 weeks of international break for the new manager to come in and make changes.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
To be fair you could add Spurs to that list of good performances even though we lost 3-0.

The good performances come entirely from the fact that we have a talented bunch of players in our squad, talented enough that their ability will shine through in spite of Jose's tactical approach and game strategy. Good players simply win games.

A mix of good and bad performances is down to the manager's tactics and his inability to consistently motivate his players. Jose has lost the dressing room and there is no getting it back after that happens. Surely you can see it's time for him to go.
That is absolute drivel. Why don't those "good players" win other games then despite Mourinho?

RedCurry

The thing is, I thought he did a fair job by the end of last season and should’ve been let go. He gave us the stability that we desperately needed after Moyes and LVG but he clearly isn’t the manager to take us beyond. This season is just a giant step backwards and the next manager will now need to come in stabalize the club once again.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This thread was created for Mourinho's supporters, please do not wum or derail the thread any further — the rest of the forum is full of (well deserved) negativity anyway.
Where is the harm in trying to convince his supporters that Jose has failed and should be sacked. The Mourinho Out thread certainly has its fair share of people trying to us we are wrong and Jose will make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.