The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pace Abuser

Season 1 - buy the bus
Season 2 - park the bus
Season 3 - crash the bus

An awful has been manager who plays rubbish negative football and is getting rinsed by everyone in the league. Get him out so I can start attending games again.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Today will go down as a brilliant day for our football club eventually.

It has been clear for some time that Mourinho isn't the right man. I think today has only confirmed that view. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

For too long the spectre of Mourinho has hung over this football club. When Moyes and LVG were here there were hundreds of pages asking for him to be employed. There were constant arguments between two sets of fans.

No more. We now have proof. He was a poor appointment, he will go and we will rebuild.

We still have some class players. Martial, Rashford, Pogba and De Gea are still young. We are a massively rich club.

We have to get behind the new manager. Every fan knows there is no quick fix any more. We will rebuild and we will win that premier league trophy and it will be so fecking good.

We've lost today, but the fan base is ready to be United once more. Focus on that day because it isn't long to wait now.

SirAF

Ageist
Dude, you were incredibly belittling to those of us who knew he wasn't going to be a success here. It's not even about point scoring either, we're just venting after another poor display.
You didn’t KNOW it was not going to work out, and yes it’s always about point scoring. Anyway, I think it’s time for the fan base to heal ASAP.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Third season syndrome. A myth. They proved it. The gall of them to be so high and mighty when others ('part time' supporters in their eyes) have been proven right in the end. Again.
It's mainly just @SirAF , tbf, and he was the most condescending out of the lot, too.
Exactly. What comes around..
I mean, it was a weird post from him when he's been trying to one up everyone during José's reign here. Calling people idiots and fools for questioning his management and whatnot.
You didn’t KNOW it was not going to work out, and yes it’s always about point scoring. Anyway, I think it’s time for the fan base to heal ASAP.
I wouldn't have called for his sakcing if I didn't think he had no chance whatsoever of being a success here. This comes as no surprise to me and plenty of others whatsoever.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
also, them subs, imo, were clear attempts at scapegoating
\Yep. Always thinking about himself... I'm praying fans don't fall for it. He needs to be held accountable for his horrible performances.

Redo91

Ya I’ve changed my mind. He needs to go. Any other manager and I would say that September is too early to be sacking someone. But it’s Jose and we know from previous clubs he isn’t the type to turn it around. It just gets worse.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That is absolute drivel. Why don't those "good players" win other games then despite Mourinho?
The same thing happened at Chelsea, the players often showed enough to win the odd game, although lost most of them until Jose was sacked. Those same players, the ones Jose blamed for everything, proved themselves far superior the following season under a new manager. Is it a coincidence that they suddenly began performing for a new manager under new tactics?

Spoony

The People's President
Today will go down as a brilliant day for our football club eventually.

It has been clear for some time that Mourinho isn't the right man. I think today has only confirmed that view. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

For too long the spectre of Mourinho has hung over this football club. When Moyes and LVG were here there were hundreds of pages asking for him to be employed. There were constant arguments between two sets of fans.

No more. We now have proof. He was a poor appointment, he will go and we will rebuild.

We still have some class players. Martial, Rashford, Pogba and De Gea are still young. We are a massively rich club.

We have to get behind the new manager. Every fan knows there is no quick fix any more. We will rebuild and we will win that premier league trophy and it will be so fecking good.

We've lost today, but the fan base is ready to be United once more. Focus on that day because it isn't long to wait now.
I think we should give him this and next season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Exactly. I'm not being a dick here but you've obviously been Pro Mourinho for years. You'd post about him a lot. That's fair enough, there were plenty of reasons to want him.

It was like every manager had to compete with him. Not any more. Soon we will start building again.

PoTMS

Can a loss be a win?

Yes, if it means it hastens the exit of Mourinho while we're still with a chance of silverware elsewhere.

Joseunited

Mourinho has managed to turn Manchester United into mid table garbage. He has spent the first months of the season bemoaning our lack of transfer activity and alienating himself with just about every body at the club, at what fecking stage does Woodward come to his senses and turf this idiot out of the club?There are no more arguments left to make for a should he shouldn't he stay, results and performances speak for themselves.

RedDevilRoshi

Lost faith with him after the Sevilla embarrassment but now it’s been taken to a whole new level. He’s finished and it’s just going to get worse with him at the helm.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We're very close to his chelsea meltdown year now. Just need a couple more defeats.

Matic fellaini and Mctominay should never start together. Let alone in a team with zero wideattackers.

Just suicidal lineup

SirAF

Ageist
It's mainly just @SirAF , tbf, and he was the most condescending out of the lot, too.
That’s ridiculous. You’re also conveniently forget about Kevin’s arrogance for instance.

ANYWAY, it’s time to move on. Mourinho should go - not that I think the next guy will do better - but he it’s probably time to try something else.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I believe in effective counters and transitions and his tactical work. His relationship with the players and whether they are suitable for this, I’m not sure. I never said it will work down the line from now.
Then you agree it is time for Jose to go?

vidic blood & sand

Wanted the club to stick it out to the end of the season, but now I think they need to do the decent thing to put everyone out of their misery.

TommiHelm

At this point I wouldn't mind what ever we do, just do something. Pretty sure I'll see you all back here in a couple of years asking for the next manager to go as well though. Mourinho is not the root of our problems, but the root seems stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirAF

Ageist
Exactly. I'm not being a dick here but you've obviously been Pro Mourinho for years. You'd post about him a lot. That's fair enough, there were plenty of reasons to want him.

It was like every manager had to compete with him. Not any more. Soon we will start building again.
Yeah, I mean.. Sometimes it doesn’t work out, sadly.

Janson

it was my attempt at being @haram @Janson @The Bloody-Nine
You are probably popping the champagne right now.:)

I have had a difficult time understanding why you and others have been so outraged over Mourinhos antics. Now, I have to admit that it's possible it has had a negative impact on our football, and that you were right.

I think you have made some good points regarding Mourinho btw, it's just unfortunate that you felt the need to insult so many fans in your famous thread. But some have a bigger need for attention than others, I understand that.
You did get lambasted for it though so I hope you learned your lesson. At least you did manage to show of your writing skills.

I am actually on the verge of joining the out camp right now, but that might still change when the emotions stabilise again. One more loss and I'm definitely out though. If he does get fired tomorrow, I won't have anything against it. It's not like I'm oblivious to the problems we've had, I just have more patience. You are welcome to exaggerate about how I will continue to back Mourinho no matter what but that's far from the truth, and I genuinely hope that no one is that biased to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.