The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevil80

How the hell are Manchester United on minus-two goal difference? Scandalous.
When a muppet puts Lukaku up front as our only "target" man week in week out, regardless of the glaring misses he consistently makes and we use our plan b ( fellaini ) from the start.

Mcking

Comments like this one is so unnecessary. I have supported Mou all the way. The last games however I have changed my opinion - as I don’t think he is capable of turning this around.

I support Man Utd, that’s it. I want what is best for my club. I don’t think we will see huge changes if Mou goes though. The problem we have is much bigger than him.
So he is no longer capable of turning it around after one game. Some said we should give him more time even after the Derby game. Wait until we win convincingly against Valencia and they will be out in full force.

Jinn

He wants to leave, but he won't quit! That's my opinion, but it's likely.
Big money payout if he's sacked, quitting is not an option for Mo.
Right now he's stealing a living.

Daft Lad

Bringing my 12 year old son to OT for the first time ever next Saturday. Should be a massive big deal, a memory for all time. The team is so bad that I am dreading it. Can we please sack this fool and restore the “buzz” to OT matchdays? Oh, can we also sack Paul Pogba? This situation does not even begin to change until both are gone IMHO.
Mourinho is awful. Over the course of the time he's been at the helm I believe he hasn't closed the gap in any material way. He's had the time and budget to have made more progress. Despite the league finishes and the trophies I see a team divided and held back by tactics. His chat about Jones and Bailly being next up on penalties was awful. Does nothing to build confidence. His chat about the centre backs and lack of signing has killed the confidence of the players he bought. What's the chat on Sanchez and Martial all about.

One thing I will differ on with most is Pogba. The guy is a top player. Is it no wonder he's underperforming with Mourinho? The majority of them are. Hazard had enough of him. The creative players at Real Madrid hated working under him. Pogba is being used as a scape goat here. Under a more supportive manager he would do much better as would the squad.

Lemansky

So he is no longer capable of turning it around after one game. Some said we should give him more time even after the Derby game. Wait until we win convincingly against Valencia and they will be out in full force.
For me it’s bigger than the games. He has obviously lost the dressing room also. He is a lame duck.

The third manager after Sir Alex that will get sacked. Maybe our problems are deeper than the manager? We will continue with this shambles for as long as Ed Woodward and the rest of his kind make footballing decisions. We are in a dire need of a technical director or a sporting director.

Thiagoal

Quite a bizarre situation we're in at the moment. The vast majority of fans want Mou out, Ed is probably sick of his moaning and wants him out; and judging by the 'sabotage job' he performed yesterday it appears Mourinho even wants out- yet for various reasons I can't see him getting sacked until the top four is impossible- what a crap season we're in for chaps!

Reactions: SteveJ

simplyared

That we're even discussing the subject. I wanted him gone last season after his post match press conference when we lost to Seville. Said it then: a manager of our club cannot sit there and remind us all of the victories which he'd inflicted on us when managing other clubs, with the only purpose to boost his ego. Disrespectable and diabolical! That was enough to show him the door then!

Litch

Quite a bizarre situation we're in at the moment. The vast majority of fans want Mou out, Ed is probably sick of his moaning and wants him out; and judging by the 'sabotage job' he performed yesterday it appears Mourinho even wants out- yet for various reasons I can't see him getting sacked until the top four is impossible- what a crap season we're in for chaps!
Agree...going to be a painful, slow death.

Aresma7

I think what we do with Mourinho now defines who we are as a club for the next decade; sack him, and we become another player-power club, forever a pale imitation of our role models, Real Madrid.

Or we choose to back Mourinho, get rid of the players he wants rid of and let him finish the carving of his own team for better or worse, thus salvaging what remains of our reputation as a club where the manager is the boss of the players.
Those times was over when Fergie left mate. Don’t cling to something that isn’t there anymore. All the clubs use this formula now a days. We just need a less egoistic manager who likes to play attacking football as Pogba said. And I think he speaks for the whole team in that matter.

kerryman

Would love somebody to tell me which manager is gonna walk in and turn Young, Smalling and Jones into world beaters.

People are living in this fantasy world where Martial, Shaw, Pogba etc are “world class” and it’s the big bad Mourinho that’s holding them back.

Be careful what you wish for. We finished 2nd last year. We won a European cup and league cup in his first season. It’s a transition period and Rome wasn’t built overnight. Like it or not, the fact remains that Jose was denied signings by the board and what you’re witnessing right now is a result of that decision.

If he was allowed to splash the cash on Alderweireld, Sandro, Perisic and Willian, just like Pep has been... you’d be looking at a very different story right now.
What is happening now is not because Jose was denied signings by the board. He's been backed quite heavily over the first 2 seasons and has managed to fall out with most of his signings.
He has fallen out with many players and is turning many against him. It looks like he wants to be sacked.
How do you think Bailly will feel when he plays McTominay ahead of him? How do you think Lindelof will feel being subbed and leaving McTominay on as a CB. No wonder the players look shot of any confidence!
He subbed Pogba and Martial when we were having our best spell in the game and really pressing West Ham.
Jose is toxic and will sacrifice anyone in order to make a point or make himself look better.
The line-up yesterday was just bizarre, especially against a team that has had such a poor start to the league.
We made West Ham look like Barcelona at times.
I think it's clear that most players are not on his side, if they were we'd at least look competitive out there. It's time to cut our losses and get rid of Jose. I can't believe the club gave him a 5 year extension last year.
Don't they know his past history....he made a few comments about PSG, flirted with them and the club offered him 5 extra years as they were afraid he'd leave!
that decision is right up there with Rooney's big extension from Moyes when it was clear he was over the hill.
The club is a shambles right now...it's painful to see how far we've fallen in just 6 seasons.

Woodzy

That we're even discussing the subject. I wanted him gone last season after his post match press conference when we lost to Seville. Said it then: a manager of our club cannot sit there and remind us all of the victories which he'd inflicted on us when managing other clubs, with the only purpose to boost his ego. Disrespectable and diabolical! That was enough to show him the door then!
Hasnt he done the same thing this season as well?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Would love somebody to tell me which manager is gonna walk in and turn Young, Smalling and Jones into world beaters.

People are living in this fantasy world where Martial, Shaw, Pogba etc are “world class” and it’s the big bad Mourinho that’s holding them back.

Be careful what you wish for. We finished 2nd last year. We won a European cup and league cup in his first season. It’s a transition period and Rome wasn’t built overnight. Like it or not, the fact remains that Jose was denied signings by the board and what you’re witnessing right now is a result of that decision.

If he was allowed to splash the cash on Alderweireld, Sandro, Perisic and Willian, just like Pep has been... you’d be looking at a very different story right now.
feck off with that shit, one manager won the league with those players at a canter. Stop making excuses for piss poor management. He's lost the dressing room and I guarantee you Rio Ferdinand wouldnt have opened his mouth last night saying as much if he didnt know that. Or do you think Young and Carrick have just stopped talking to the ex united players. That was as targeted last night as any bullshit Jose has tried to pull.

Bestietom

Just woke up hoping for headlines that he's gone....
I have been doing this for last 4 weeks. But he is still here. We will sink lower and lower before they eventually sack him, which is what he wants. What's gone wrong with the board in this club.

The Purley King

Remember how hazard played in the last mourinho season and then look how he’s playing now.
Managers matter. Ours is done.

Heinzesight

I’m now just living in the hope that the money the club refused to give Jose for a CB was earmarked for his pay off.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Our profit before tax for 17/18 (announced last week) was £26m, sacking Mourinho would probably wipe a similar amount off next year's figure. I can't see Ed pulling the trigger with this in mind.

Olly hunt

I’ve kind of felt sorry for Jose in a way that the players are bottlejobs and not performing for him but he’s completely lost the dressing room.we need a fresh start the club is poisoned all the way through taking Jose out seems the only way forward . I dread to think what pep would do with our front 3.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think the supporters have spoken. They want to watch attacking football. The ones who are getting away with it, are the players. The supporters should really hammer the players or those who have let the club, the supporters and those players down who have played with the right spirit. I think we need a change. A lot of managers would struggle with the board allow good players to go else where.Something has to change and Zidane would be an interesting option.

SirAF

Ageist
Comments like this one is so unnecessary. I have supported Mou all the way. The last games however I have changed my opinion - as I don’t think he is capable of turning this around.

I support Man Utd, that’s it. I want what is best for my club. I don’t think we will see huge changes if Mou goes though. The problem we have is much bigger than him.
This.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I honestly believe that United won have won the league in 2014 had Mourinho been appointed instead of Moyes straight after Fergie

This is an accumulation of terrible signings over 5 years, and Mourinho is responsible for his share (Pogba for 90m was a terrible waste of money).

United are even more unattractive now to top players who look to Chelsea, Liverpool or City in England first.

Tibs

Jose had my full support after the Spurs game, I thought right he's seen the light now. But no.

feck him. He should have been fired last night. Hopefully it will happen today.

There is excuse or logic for the team selection and line up against WHU. How the flying feck is McTomminay starting? No half decent manager in the world would have made that decision. He's lost the dressing room, doesn't have the support of the board either. Who cares if he will get £12m for getting fired, its peanuts to do us.

We shouldn't have to wait until Christmas, or mathematical outcomes before moving, it ain't countdown.

Ed needs to understand that all the mega deals on the commercial side are only possible as we are still seen around the world as a big, title and trophy challenging team. When they realise we're not, his deals go too.

Fire Jose today, one of the Assistants can look after it for a couple of weeks before we get Zidane sorted.

diawl_coch

Great players are great players regardless of who the manager is.
Pogba isn't one of them.
His performances in the World Cup indicated otherwise.

Mourinho was once a great manager. I think he's out of ideas - bad workmen blame their tools, and it's this stabbing in the back I dislike about him most. I think he's a conspiracy theorist.

Get this Mourinho, you're at United, and everyone else does hate you, and other teams save their best performances for you. No conspiracy, just reality!

Amir

Our profit before tax for 17/18 (announced last week) was £26m, sacking Mourinho would probably wipe a similar amount off next year's figure. I can't see Ed pulling the trigger with this in mind.
When you're looking at that, you also need to ask the question: Obviously Woodward is in charge of the day-to-day operations. But can he, alone, make a decision like sacking the managers? Would he need the approval of the owners? the board?

It has big ramifications, beyond football.

Canagel

Jose is a poor coach. Remember he said after Leicester 'call me head coach and not manager'. That's the direction football is heading in and he's totally given up on developing or improving the players he's got just because we didn't sign a CB. When he is forced to work with and improve the players he's got he can't do it. He is the definition of cheque book manager. Look at Sarri's impact already at Chelsea. He doesn't believe in the transfer market that much instead works to improve the team he has. Same squad as last season with the addition of two midfielders and new keeper to replace the one that left. Already a dramatic change in the football. Only two outfield players. Look how many players we've bought and none of them are performing.

Fracture90

Oh how things can turn. I'm never one to gloat but people that were so blindly following Mourinho and were actively downplaying everything he's done wrong here, are the same ones calling for people to be graceful.

I can even remember some posts going along the lines of "I wish we would give Mou a lifetime contract just so I can watch all anti-Mourinho posters spontaneously combust in a fit of rage".

ObieDeMoon

Ok then. How do we as the supporters of our club let 'our club' know that we want change and we want it now?

Does the club consult a section of the fans? A fan board or something?

We need to make our club understand that we as the fans demand a change.

How do we do this?
+

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Agree 100%. Pogba will flourish under a decent boss.
At the very least we shouldn't bin off a talent like that without trying different ways to see if we can make it work with him. Pogba's problem is with the manager, the manager is currently failing dramatically and picking fights all around. Binning Pogba together with the manager is cutting off the nose to spite the face imo.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
When you're looking at that, you also need to ask the question: Obviously Woodward is in charge of the day-to-day operations. But can he, alone, make a decision like sacking the managers? Would he need the approval of the owners? the board?

It has big ramifications, beyond football.
Probably not, and the higher up the decision goes the less it will be based on the actual football and more on the cost.

Fracture90

Jose: 'I left out Hazard because we are conceding lots of goals. Willian and Pedro did amazing defensive work.'
Why are you surprised, back in early 2010's he said "finishing 2nd is just being a best loser", this season he said "last season's 2nd is amongst my greatest achievements in my career" in another self-preservation stunt trying to portrait his squad as not being good enough.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Missing out on CL football will cost you in the region of £80-100m...

Status
Not open for further replies.