The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
In all fairness, what did the next guy get out of those players? LVG shipped them all out. People laughed when Moyes said we needed 6 world class players. Since then we've spent about half a billion trying to fix the team. The truth is Fergies team grew old together and had one last push in them. When he left it deflated everything and those players couldn't get going again.

Not saying Moyes would have ever done anything here, but he was on a hiding to nothing with the team he inherited. Only problem is it was only him that could see this at the time.
It's Rio as well saying about how the players are performing and maybe they should have a look at themselves. Wonder if Rio and Co had a look at themselves when Moyes was here.

Minimalist

You have probably just described every poster on here. Don't think I've come across a person that has backed down and conceded their argument on this forum.
That’s wrong. Stupid as well.

Plenty of posters admit they had wrong thoughts before.

Hell many of us are admitting we wanted Mourinho in the first place.

Judas

Open to offers
You have probably just described every poster on here. Don't think I've come across a person that has backed down and conceded their argument on this forum.
To be fair I've seen more people admitting they were wrong (about Jose) in the last few days than I have on here for many many years.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Wait, are you literally saying that Neville has never admitted he's been wrong?

Canagel

In other news, nice to know that Gary is still Moyes In! after all this time.
He needs to shut up. We've appointed 3 dinosaur managers in a row. The mess started when we hired Moyes, not sacked him. If you want to blame the board blame them for hiring these managers who don't fit our style.

astracrazy

Sack him and use this season as a transitional season to get our club in order. Give the caretaker job to carrick and/or mckenna and bring in a DOF to organise things before the summer. Plan our next manager to bring in at the end of the season who is a right fit inline with attacking football and what the DOF identifies.

We cant keep on in this cycle, something has to give

Andersons Dietician

Not saying Moyes would have ever done anything here, but he was on a hiding to nothing with the team he inherited. Only problem is it was only him that could see this at the time
Apparently Fergie had left a list of players that he felt needed moving on and who he felt Moyes needed. I’m sure it’s Moyes that put this information out there as well and I think most sensible people could see that team was on its last legs and Fergie pretty much worked a miracle the season before.

That summer transfer window was the nail being put in the coffin, chasing windmills instead of making the obvious and easy signings that were there,

DomesticTadpole

I was happy when he came to the club. I voted to give him to the end of the season and see how it goes. I have changed my vote to wanting him out. I am seriously worried about how this could go, even if we change the manager. Our club is being plunged into a dark chasm.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why? What good does it do the next manager coming in for us to finish midtable? So they don't have the Europa League to worry about?
Top 4 isn't out of Jose's reach just yet though.

Minimalist

Wait, are you literally saying that Neville has never admitted he's been wrong?
Of anything significant? Not that I can remember.

Feel free to link me to articles or comments he’s made suggesting that.

This is the same man who made a bizarre rant on MNF about the fact we call it a cappuccino instead of a ‘milky coffee’ (since that’s what it was when he grew up). :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Why? What good does it do the next manager coming in for us to finish midtable? So they don't have the Europa League to worry about?
Think we need to get someone in and just write this season off, let him assess what we have, work out how we will play and plan which players to bring in. Preferably with a DOF.

You know, a bit of planning and forward thinking for a change.

Asger

Ok then. How do we as the supporters of our club let 'our club' know that we want change and we want it now?

Does the club consult a section of the fans? A fan board or something?

We need to make our club understand that we as the fans demand a change.

How do we do this?
+
Maybe by booing to all players in next game? They doesn’t deserve anything else than that.

For me it's not about about being title challengers and Champions League favorites at the moment. It's about getting a manager in who'll bring happiness, cohesion, togetherness, bravery, and a modern approach to our game. I wouldn't mind finishing 4th, 5th or even 7th for that matter if I felt like our manager were on the path to building something strong and solid. It's so heart-aching to see how divided and unsettled our team is. I want our team to start represent something positive. All this negativity is killing me.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Stay. Sacking managers isn't the utd way. We need to ride the storm.
That United way died a long time ago. It's a results business. Mourinho did well to win us two trophies in his first season and get us our best finish since Fergie retired but look where we are now, falling behind the other top six teams and Mourinho and the players just don't look up to anymore. We need a change and I know damn well that this isn't all on Mourinho. The incompetent board are to blame for this mess too.

gajender

He needs to shut up. We've appointed 3 dinosaur managers in a row. The mess started when we hired Moyes, not sacked him. If you want to blame the board blame them for hiring these managers who don't fit our style.
And some posters here want Neville to be our sporting director quite baffling to be honest.

MonkeysMagic

Shock horror...footballer laying all blame on owners rather then fellow professionals!! Maybe somebody ought to give Gary a rundown of Moyes’ post-Utd performance to give him a dose of reality!

Minimalist

Fair enough.

The actual quotes in most of those articles aren’t quite what the titles suggest though.

Also not being a dick here but rating players/managers (whether they are good enough) isn’t what I’m talking about. I’m talking about now he sees the game and how football should conduct itself at a club and wider level. As a pundit now - him saying a player is good/crap is kind of the easy stuff.

ZAGREB RED

It was a bit ironic that it was mentioned in the commentary that Mourinho criticised Arnautovic for his childish attitude during their time together at Inter Milan, considering his own behaviour just now.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
The more I read this, the more it seems you agree with Gary.

"Needs to shut up" sounds very disrespectful of somebody that has forgotten more about this club than most of us know. :nono:

Asger

What will that do except help us lose another game? Jose is doing his best to make us lose without the fans giving him a helping hand.
I would rather see players who wants to play for the club and lose than see those greedy feckers. U-18 would show more passion.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you honestly feel a new manager will suddenly turn the current team into title challengers then all the power to you. This team is a long way from winning important trophies, we can't even win the Mickey Mouse cup!
Of course they can. We aren't THAT far away.

Klopp improved Liverpool, Sarri has improved a Chelsea that played average football last year, now they look as good as City/Liverpool.

We have plenty of good players. they just need proper attacking coaching and team cohesion. This team is NOT a team, it's so obvious.

Look at what Derby / Wolves did with much less talent and money? how can they outplay us so easily?. It's coaching plain and simple.

Heinzesight

Sack him and use this season as a transitional season to get our club in order. Give the caretaker job to carrick and/or mckenna and bring in a DOF to organise things before the summer. Plan our next manager to bring in at the end of the season who is a right fit inline with attacking football and what the DOF identifies.

We cant keep on in this cycle, something has to give
Totally agree. Let’s start behaving like a proper football club for a change. Chinless needs to act now.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Sad to say I have changed my mind. After the Europa League, league cup and 2nd place, I thought we were starting to build something. It's not working and we actually seem as bad as when he took over now.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Of course they can. We aren't THAT far away.

Klopp improved Liverpool, Sarri has improved a Chelsea that played average football last year, now they look as good as City/Liverpool.

We have plenty of good players. they just need proper attacking coaching and team cohesion. This team is NOT a team, it's so obvious.

Look at what Derby / Wolves did with much less talent and money? how can they outplay us so easily?. It's coaching plain and simple.
I think you are over doing it saying that Chelsea look as good as City/Liverpool. They, like the other two, have had a good start, but City are a lot better than both unfortunately and over a season, that will become apparent. That said, I agree with your point. New managers can improve short term form. However, the emphasis is on ‘short term’. Mourinho is a proven winner and short term downturns do not change that undeniable fact. We need to stick with him. It’s hard at the moment, particularly for those who’ve been spoiled for most of their lives who have to listen to City fans on tv chanting ‘Jose Mourinho, we want you to stay’. However, I’m convinced that in due course, Jose will ram it down their throats.

Status
Not open for further replies.