The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainu

Mourinho is completely finished at United. There's not a chance in hell anything positive can come of this anymore. He needs to be gone tomorrow, it's the only logical thing to do. Get him out before he can do more damage.

-Supreme-

Those that said he lost the dressing room, I guess they missed the 1st half completely

Having said that, I still can't believe he opted to play Herrera as CB, it almost feels like he's trying to make a point to the media and Woody especially

VanGaalyTime

It's clear Mourinho doesn't have the backing of the board. He hasn't been given the money to build his own team and the result is clear. Our defence needed improving and Woodward and Glazers said no. This is what happens. Riots, protests to come. Called it at the end of the window.

BlueHaze

Enough is enough. We have all been sitting here for 6 years now hoping for better football we brought in the manager with the best cv out there and we are instead going backwards while playing Sam Allarshite football. I'm just happy I learned to controll my anger long ago or my knuckles would be bleeding right now after smashing a wall or fecking door in my house. I'm not even requiring trophies atm we have all been fortunate enough to live through the Fergie era and have seen plenty of trophies but I think 100% of the caf would agree with me when I say trophies is not a must atm but for fecks sake give us good football and at least compete. I'm getting sick to death of this honestly. I might need a long break from football.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ed Woodward has to take at least some of the blame. We have since Ferguson hired three different managers who each have different philosophies.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Doubt it’ll change much, with the clowns we have in charge at the level above the manager. We’ll continue to struggle, and occasionally throw money at the problem in an effort to keep the performances at a minimum required to get some decent sponsorship deals.

We need someone with vision and the ability to execute at the highest performance related post at the club. Until that happens, we’ll continue to suffer at the sheer incompetence of a man like Woodward, who seemingly makes an effort to sabotage the managers he himself has been responsible for hiring.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
At this point it’s clearly not going to work out well so we may as well call it a day.

I’d be very happy to see half of our team shown the door also.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
We need to change our vice chairman too, he is either unlucky with managers or he is the reincarnate of Frank Spencer.

Minimalist

Post-season and WC enjoyment made me more relaxed about things but i have never been happy with this style of play under Mourinho. Brighton defeat was enough for me. Tonight just put it in bold font.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Classic case of losing the dressing room. Classic Mourinho case of it being his own doing.

The board has to do something tomorrow and there’s really only one option.

Trophy Room

I think he had set up the team to play well. We were good in the first half. He's also had his share of bad timing/luck. I think he means well, he always has. He's really jinxed in his 3rd season!

SuperiorXI

We looked good today, much better than against Brighton.

Honestly didn't understand those fans thinking we'd easily beat spurs. They've been better than us this season and have been better than us today. Wasn't unexpected.

Godfather

Are we any better than 3 seasons ago under LVG?

The Jose baggage is just about worth it when you are winning titles, but can you justify it when fighting for fourth?

He spent the summer making snide comments about his boss and his owner players (including his captain 2 weeks after Jose made him captain) ia anyone shocked that the club now looks rudderless?
Of course not. Neither squad wise nor manager wise. Our spending has been atrocious as has been our whole management.

newsdevil

It's time. Get him out before he makes it worse. Woodward should be right behind him.

SuperiorXI

Why knee jerk?

We lost to a very good Tottenham side, they played very well. I expect shit threads like this after results like Brighton, but come on, we played well - unlucky not to be ahead in the first half.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not all on Jose, the squad needs clearing out. But the end of the day, we're just not a good fit. It's as simple as that for me

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Enough is enough. We have all been sitting here for 6 years now hoping for better football we brought in the manager with the best cv out there and we are instead going backwards while playing Sam Allarshite football. I'm just happy I learned to controll my anger long ago or my knuckles would be bleeding right now after smashing a wall or fecking door in my house. I'm not even requiring trophies atm we have all been fortunate enough to live through the Fergie era and have seen plenty of trophies but I think 100% of the caf would agree with me when I say trophies is not a must atm but for fecks sake give us good football and at least compete. I'm getting sick to death of this honestly. I might need a long break from football.
Me too it’s gut wrenching watching this dross week in week out now for years.

JK-27

Jose has been nothing but honest with the board, the fans, and the media. Said we needed more players or it'll be a difficult season, said we needed a new CB, said he gave the board names of who to sign months ago. And the board and most of the fans on here ignored him. And you're asking for his head?

Look to Woodword. Look to the players.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We'll sack Mourinho, ok. But the Glazers will still be the owners and people like Woodward will still run the club.

I knew sooner or later those US leeches will ruin everything SAF built.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, he has to go as of this moment.

losing 3-0 at home to the fecking spuds is absolutely unacceptable. Under no circumstances can he remain in his position after this horror show. If he is still here in the morning I'll be disappointed.

Hamadovich86

Right, its time for me to say it outright I want him gone. Would be shocked if it happened now but its the right thing to do.

Ban

We sack Jose and in a year time we're still shite with Ed at the helm. Sacking him would be the easiest path I agree. And then all would be surprised he wasn't the biggest problem.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Can't believe he was applauded off at the end there. Sounded like they were even singing his name.

I'm not completely anti-Jose, I'm sort of on the fence as I don't think sacking any manager mid-season is a great idea, but that's a bizarre reaction given the 2 years of meandering. Sing the name of the club if anything.

Siorac

At this point it’s clearly not going to work out well so we may as well call it a day.

I’d be very happy to see half of our team shown the door also.
We keep getting rid of the "deadwood", only to go on and sign some more. Everyone turns into deadwood at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.