The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3pwood

Man United are wasting an enormous amount of time with Mourinho this season... We all could see this season would be a disaster from the pre-season! By the way, where are all the "it's just the pre-season" guys? It was all bound to happen. I still refuse to criticize the players.

People complain that players aren't "trying" enough meaning they aren't pressing the opposition or tackling hard but what can players do when they're playing for a manager who's know for his deep defensive tactics?? His teams in the past few seasons (Chelsea included) always lacked intensity, why would it change now?

RedDevil@84

Man United are wasting an enormous amount of time with Mourinho this season... We all could see this season would be a disaster from the pre-season! By the way, where are all the "it's just the pre-season" guys? It was all bound to happen. I still refuse to criticize the players.

People complain that players aren't "trying" enough meaning they aren't pressing the opposition or tackling hard but what can players do when they're playing for a manager who's know for his deep defensive tactics?? His teams in the past few seasons (Chelsea included) always lacked intensity, why would it change now?
They can't do anything. They are dummies.
Jose seems to have coached Lukaku's bad touches and movement personally.

NK86

Pogbas world cup medal bares no relation to his United career. Two entirely separate things.

See, had Pogbas done like his fellow countrymen, Zinidine Zidane, Thierry Henry and others and been a world cup winner who was also an integral part of his clubs success, then the argument would be fair...

As it is, Pogbas isn't that. He's a world cup winner with France. As a Manchester United fans, I couldn't care less. We've had other world cup winners and that never stopped them from being rightly criticised. It's not a free pass.
It's not about criticism of Pogba. Obviously his performances for the club haven't been good. However, the post I was responding to was putting down his world cup performances and his role in the world cup. That again had nothing to do with how he plays here but it was also false since he had a very good world cup.

Again, Pogba is also at fault but he is not the only player. And when there are so many players who are performing well below par, then you only need to look at the manager.

JMack1234

Starting to notice little things that could spell the end of Mourinho.

I've just been on the ticket website. The Newcastle tickets are now on an open sale and they've still not sold out. Plus it looks like they are trying to push hospitality. If results keep ticking down and these packages still won't sell then I think he could be finished very very soon.

Vadim

United beat Newcastle tomorrow and Jose gets another few months I reckon.

United draw or lose and it's curtains for him. Especially with the international break to sort things out.

I never want United to drop points. But this feels pre-Everton under Moyes to me. I'm so torn :(

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even if we were scraping wins playing the way we are, I'd still want him gone. We are unwatchable.

Dearg hÉireann

Roy Keane made a comment this week about the players being cry babies and I agree wholeheartedly, not all players will get on with their manager and vice versa but when they're getting paid an over inflated salary the least any of them could do is put a good shift in when they take to the pitch, it's the least the fans deserve.

Which leads me to our Manager, nobody connected to our great club has done more PR damage than him, especially since this pre-season when the negativity was being spouted on a daily basis. So while the players have been nothing short of a disgrace this season i think it's only right to highlight the Cry baby nature of Mourinho when things don't go his way. when he was appointed I was a bit apprehensive because of his previous fall outs with players and clubs but one thing you could say was that he would have Man United winning and challenging for the biggest trophies, unfortunately it hasn't worked out like we hoped for and now the end is near, when we're looking for Manager number 4 in a little over 5 years. Ferguson was a god.

Reactions: Sultan

RedNed77

Who changed from yes to no? Reveal yourself.
I changed from Yes to the give him more time option again after reading peoples suggestions as to who we should replace him with in the other thread. I'm not convinced we'd get anybody better in for now and think we may as well wait until the summer as long as it doesn't get too much worse. I'm not convinced getting dicked every other week with McKenna & Carrick in charge would be much of an improvement, it'll just be yet more chaos.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
The departure of Rui Faria clearly had a huge impact on Mourinho's performance. He had been his lieutenant throughout his career from the year he won his first silverware.

Minimalist

Every time I look at the table and look at where we're likely to be this season (bit of forecasting ahead), I can't fathom how any other club would be keeping him in the job.

Unless something dramatic changes (of which there is little evidence), this is going to be a Moyes level season. Think the FiveThirtyEight simulation has us currently finishing on 60 points (20 point drop) and only +10 GD. :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
Nagging feeling that'll win tomorrow and he'll probably be safe until we get a proper hammering, which could easily be the very next game. To be honest, I doubt he'd even be sacked if we lost tomorrow.

Greck

Nagging feeling that'll win tomorrow and he'll probably be safe until we get a proper hammering, which could easily be the very next game. To be honest, I doubt he'd even be sacked if we lost tomorrow.
Next few weeks will be a see-saw affair where fans go from "not yet" after every scrappy win to "sack him now" after every loss or draw. Don't understand people who let every last game sway their opinion. You either believe in his vision or you don't. Two and a half years should be enough data to make an informed choice on the direction one thinks the club should take

Pace Abuser

He should stay and help us secure partnerships for various mattress suppliers. There's no bigger cure for insomnia at the moment.

Roboc7

I changed from Yes to the give him more time option again after reading peoples suggestions as to who we should replace him with in the other thread. I'm not convinced we'd get anybody better in for now and think we may as well wait until the summer as long as it doesn't get too much worse. I'm not convinced getting dicked every other week with McKenna & Carrick in charge would be much of an improvement, it'll just be yet more chaos.
It could well be more chaos and wouldn’t guarantee improvement but I doubt anyone would do much worse than Mourinho will do this season.

I think the benefit to sacking him and promoting from within is that club could then take time to build a structure (whatever that might be), identify the best candidates and start recruiting/selling the job to those candidates for next season. I would see that as a positive step and maybe whoever takes over in the interim gives the board something to think about.

Would much prefer that to the two options club is likely to take with Mourinho which are only acting when it gets so bad or so toxic that it is untenable (which we aren’t even close to) or sticking with him until end of season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
5 games without a win will surely see Jose in trouble.

Le Red

Ince has been very critical of Mourinho in all his quotes but he still slams the players for not trying, which is right. Just because you want Mourinho out doesn't mean you can excuse what the players are doing.
Yeah people here seems to think you have to slate either the players or the manager. If you are against one they assume you are defending the other. Reminds me of the Messi/Ronaldo childish discussion.

Utd7

The way Newcastle have looked so far, anything short of a comfortable victory and he should be sacked. They only have 2 points. With that being said, irrespective of what happens tomorrow, he will be safe. The Glazers and the board don't give a fuc

jeanette thompson

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fan here in peace and no agenda, married to a Man Utd fan, he's a manc born and bred and I'm a born and bred scouser. We met in Germany 37 years ago and now live in Oz. Have to say that over the years some dynamic debates and arguments between us. Just giving you the background...… Actually saddens me to watch, listen and see our biggest rival in such freefall. Mentioned to my man last season that the 'park the bus', defensive display and obviously training for such when you have so many great attacking players makes no sense. I did add that altering the natural style and system of play is gonna cause major probs down the track when an attacking system is needed. No idea where or how you go from here...….I did however tick Mourinho out as I truly believe (and have done for a long time) that he's the wrong guy. Who the heck though do you get to replace him????????

Reactions: Sultan

RedNed77

It could well be more chaos and wouldn’t guarantee improvement but I doubt anyone would do much worse than Mourinho will do this season.

I think the benefit to sacking him and promoting from within is that club could then take time to build a structure (whatever that might be), identify the best candidates and start recruiting/selling the job to those candidates for next season. I would see that as a positive step and maybe whoever takes over in the interim gives the board something to think about.

Would much prefer that to the two options club is likely to take with Mourinho which are only acting when it gets so bad or so toxic that it is untenable (which we aren’t even close to) or sticking with him until end of season.
All true and great in an ideal world but, you're idea of "promoting from within is that club could then take time to build a structure" is somebody else idea of a shambolic club who are rudderless "what are Manchester United doing with McKenna in charge waaah, it wouldn't happen at Madrid waaah...". At least currently we can all just agree that we don't like Mourinho.

vidic blood & sand

Just think, if Tim Howard didn't spill the shot that led to the porto winner in 2004, Mou wouldn't have won the CL, wouldn't have gone to chelsea, then Inter, then Madrid, then chelsea again, then us.

It's all Tim Howards fault! He really dropped the ball!

C'est Moi Cantona

It's a difficult one as he clearly wants out himself, so part of me wants him to fester in the mess he's made longer than he's used to doing.

BlueHaze

Exactly why I call him Moyesinho. There is literally no difference between them anymore. Every single game I have watched this season you could think it's Moyes on the touchline. It's embarrassing he hasn't got sacked yet.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool fan here in peace and no agenda, married to a Man Utd fan, he's a manc born and bred and I'm a born and bred scouser. We met in Germany 37 years ago and now live in Oz. Have to say that over the years some dynamic debates and arguments between us. Just giving you the background...… Actually saddens me to watch, listen and see our biggest rival in such freefall. Mentioned to my man last season that the 'park the bus', defensive display and obviously training for such when you have so many great attacking players makes no sense. I did add that altering the natural style and system of play is gonna cause major probs down the track when an attacking system is needed. No idea where or how you go from here...….I did however tick Mourinho out as I truly believe (and have done for a long time) that he's the wrong guy. Who the heck though do you get to replace him????????
This reminds me of when Carragher was visibly upset (!) at how crap we were when getting smashed by Everton under Moyes (I think).

We've seen it with Chelsea and Liverpool in recent years too. They draw or lose again against some dreadful team and you're not laughing, you're just in shock.

RedorDead21

Exactly why I call him Moyesinho. There is literally no difference between them anymore. Every single game I have watched this season you could think it's Moyes on the touchline. It's embarrassing he hasn't got sacked yet.
It's embarrassing we have players who know they can get a manager sacked if he's not their pal. Given that's the way the game seem's to have gone I wonder how SAF would survive if he was coming into this club from Scotland in these times. No drink culture to fix but instead a social media culture. Hardly seems comparable mind you Becks and Stam were shown the door even though they were model pro's but for their media choices. Jose doesn't even turn up at Pogs' house to stop him mid instagram dance move.....I think I need to get with the times and modern managers are not autocratic...and if they are...players have the opportunity to band together and do serious damage inbetween transfer windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.