The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

If he doesn't though, no one should post from Mirror ever again. :D
The Mirror should be banned from here. They had a story a few days ago about how Sanchez had been told by Mourinho that he'll never play for United again. Literally a few hours later, the team sheet was announced and Sanchez was in the starting lineup.

VanGaalyTime

David McDonnell is a highly respected journalist. Might be the Mirror but this is almost like the BBC or Guardian reporting it, given the journalist.

BBer13

cant imagine any journalist would put there name on an article like this if there wasn't some truth in it, even in today's media it would look really bad on you.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Huge claim. Notice they say his comp is around 20M, hopefully that bit’s been sensationalised

Mick321

Please, please, please let this be true. I'm celebrating this as much as our win over Bayern or Chelsea if it's confirmed. It is absolutely vital we get this man out and soon.

VanGaalyTime

Huge claim. Notice they say his comp is around 20M, hopefully that bit’s been sensationalised
My prediction: We see a number of sources jumping on board tonight after 10pm (5 minutes or so). Guardian, BBC etc will jump on board tonight if this is accurate.

Rajma

Whether he stays or goes, nothing will change until the whole structure of those above him changes.
Yes, structure and planning matters of course but right manager at the helm is much more important.

You just have to look at Spurs, City (they planned for Pep style but it still at the end of the day required Pep to make it work if you know what I mean), Liverpool all these clubs were struggling before their current managers have taken over and no one can convince me they had some sort of superior structures in place.

el3mel

Yes, structure and planning matters of course but right manager at the helm is much more important.

You just have to look at Spurs, City (they planned for Pep style but it still at the end of the day required Pep to make it work if you know what I mean), Liverpool all these clubs were struggling before their current managers have taken over and no one can convince me they had some sort of superior structures in place.
City have and they weren't struggling.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
cant imagine any journalist would put there name on an article like this if there wasn't some truth in it, even in today's media it would look really bad on you.
Pretty sure somebody said LVG was due the same fate and it never materialised? Journos don’t have a soul.

RedorDead21

Celebrating getting shot of Mou......the very thought of that suggests more deep routed issues within the club to me. Don't get me wrong hard to defend the results or play right now but the thought of some of the players also celebrating their contribution to this is something which we need to address once he's gone.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The season isn’t beyond saving, hope this is true.

Ether

David McDonnell tweeted this two days before LVG was sacked:

Rajma

City have and they weren't struggling.
We literally could have pipped them to CL in final LvG season and we were complete tosh.

Watch them fold after Pep leaves as well unless they gonna get lucky with the main man again.

sam147

Hard to believe as it states the fans booing the team of the pitch convinced them to sack him. Like they aren't the same leeches who sucked 1bn out the club and put up with LVG for a year. When will that melon-headed egotistical hapless shill of a person Edward Woodward learn he knows absolutely nothing about football and we need a DOF. A DOF wouldve been planning ahead. We would have contingencies. He would know the players and who to give contracts too. What I guess is most likely to happen is Lukaku takes his jeans and timberlands off and plays like he is wearing fullkit and we beat Newcastle and the board dither around and wait for us to lose to Chelsea Juventus and City in a yoyo like fashion. Or we draw/lose and the same thing happens.

VanGaalyTime

You reckon it’s another briefing?
Yeah, McDonnell was one of the journos to go to the States with the team. No way he puts his name on this, with such definitive wording, unless he knows it's true. Can see the usual - Jamie Jackson (Guardian), Sam Wallace (Independent) following suit once press embargo closes.

el3mel

We literally could have pipped them to CL in final LvG season and we were complete tosh.

Watch them fold after Pep leaves as well unless they gonna get lucky with the main man again.
They were having a great season and were thrashing everyone up till Pep's announcement, then the players downed the tools for Pellegrini and weren't arsed to play for a goner any more. Check their results and you'll see their results dropped at a certain point.

The same squad won one of the most competitive leagues post SAF just 2 season before it, accompanied with a league cup. In Pellegrini last season they still won a league cup and reached CL semi final. They were sure as hell not struggling.

Brophs

The One and Only
Yeah, McDonnell was one of the journos to go to the States with the team. No way he puts his name on this, with such definitive wording, unless he knows it's true. Can see the usual - Jamie Jackson (Guardian), Sam Wallace (Independent) following suit once press embargo closes.
Wouldn't McDonnell have been subject to the same embargo if so?

FujiVice

We saved £35 million on not signing Perisic to invest in sacking Mourinho. We're still £15 million in the black.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he is getting sacked either way, why waste points in a very winnable game and make him do the walk of shame infront of the entire world? Feels pointless to not sack him already and put Carrick/McKenna in-charge until the international break before getting a permanent manager.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Makes sense this weekend to give a two week period to put some sort of plan in place.

No point waiting until the Chelsea juve and city games.

Give the new manager this season to bed an attacking style in without pressure and go from there.

We've seen many exAmples where new managers instantly bring better performances and results.

el3mel

Makes sense this weekend to give a two week period to put some sort of plan in place.

No point waiting until the Chelsea juve and city games.

Give the new manager this season to bed an attacking style in without pressure and go from there.

We've seen many exAmples where new managers instantly bring better performances and results.
We'll get a caretaker. No top manager will get the job midseason and get responsibility for the damage already done.

Carrick now and see how the season bends.

BBer13

Pretty sure somebody said LVG was due the same fate and it never materialised? Journos don’t have a soul.
while i normally agree, McDonnell is a decent journo. Cant imagine he would go all out like this if there wasn't something in it.

RedorDead21

We'll get a caretaker. No top manager will get the job midseason and get responsibility for the damage already done.

Carrick? Is that a joke? Jesus I recall Giggs not getting much backing.

FujiVice

I'll be happy with that for the time being. Rather that then the managerial roundabout that we've had since Fergie left. Give it Carrick til end t'season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Zidane rumours have been ramping up. I would imagine he's primed to take over. Clubs are ruthless.i can't see Carrick a complete rookie about 10 games into even his current job having more than a game or two if that

el3mel

Zidane rumours have been ramping up. I would imagine he's primed to take over. Clubs are ruthless.i can't see Carrick a complete rookie about 10 games into even his current job having more than a game or two if that
I can't get my head on a single reason the last 3 CL winner will accept a job midseason surrounded by all this shite. I'm pretty sure we approached him but can see preferring to start the role from next season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Its early enough in the season that a manager can take over and get familiarity with the squad. Even if they want to target someone like Poch, they'll get a more experienced caretaker manager like Chelsea did with Benitez.

Now if they give it to Carrick or a different caretaker and they get us 3rd place + some exciting football, then what? You'd be hard pressed to not give them the job on a permanent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.