The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 93275

Ranieri said a couple of days ago on twitter or something he had been getting calls from England? :lol:

Greck

This time last week he had amassed a ton of fan backing from the Pogba incident. Then he goes and pisses it away playing the most negative setup we've seen since Liverpool at anfield leaving even his backers shaken. That game could end up being what ended his tenure and it was all because of an unnecessary display of ego

TrueRed79

He must have really pissed a lot of people off around the club for it to come out like this. Gary Neville was sacked himself so he will never admit Jose deserves it. His long time mate Scholes said on tv he has to go. Get over yourself, Gary.

CM

Some obnoxiously stupid soundbites from Neville in that interview on Sky

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
I think Keane should be your next manager, at the very least he would have Pogba sorted very quickly :lol:

Stacks

Liverpool fan here in peace and no agenda, married to a Man Utd fan, he's a manc born and bred and I'm a born and bred scouser. We met in Germany 37 years ago and now live in Oz. Have to say that over the years some dynamic debates and arguments between us. Just giving you the background...… Actually saddens me to watch, listen and see our biggest rival in such freefall. Mentioned to my man last season that the 'park the bus', defensive display and obviously training for such when you have so many great attacking players makes no sense. I did add that altering the natural style and system of play is gonna cause major probs down the track when an attacking system is needed. No idea where or how you go from here...….I did however tick Mourinho out as I truly believe (and have done for a long time) that he's the wrong guy. Who the heck though do you get to replace him????????
Klopp

Marcelinho87

I can't get my head on a single reason the last 3 CL winner will accept a job midseason surrounded by all this shite. I'm pretty sure we approached him but can see preferring to start the role from next season.
Dont get this. Surely its more beneficial to start mid season so you can weed out the shite in the summer rather than walk in summertime and decide to give the likes of Jones yet another chance.

Ekeke

If he picks another strange defense he'll have more than earned himself the sack. In our first defeat this season he picked Lindelof & Bailly with Andreas in front of them as DM. An unproven partnership of unproven CBs with a youngster given a responsibility hes never had before. In our next defeat we played Ander at RCB along with Smalling and Jones against Spurs. Again a player given responsibility they arent used to, this time out of position. And last week it was a combination of both those previous mistakes, a young player who is also out of position but this time is put right into the CB spot next to Smalling and Lindelof. Mourinho is the reason our defense has been destabilized and nowhere near as good as last season. I guess in a way it would be fitting for him to try to be too clever again and then be relieved of his duties.

JK-27

If this report is true it is shameful how the club are conducting themselves. Clueless.

The banner asking for Woodward out at Burnley was well warranted. Can't believe he knows how much of this shit is his fault and he still acts like a bell end.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
What's the point of keeping him ? Doesn't even have an assistant manager, not to mention DoF to work on common vision for this club, while probably 50% players from his wish list didn't arrive after three summer windows.

The board choking him, he chokes the team, the team chokes supporters and Ed Woodward counting the money... it's ridiculous.

KingCantona87

Please for the love of all that is holy, please be true.

Don't agree with how it's been handled but when you behave like a petulant baby all summer and routinely throw young players under the bus because of your tactical ineptitude, then you reap what you sow...

Rolaholic

Praying to the footy Gods for this apparent briefing to turn out to be true

It'd be quite a fitting end for someone so reliant on the media having it leaked to the press :lol:

Irwin99

I wonder how different this all could have been if we'd signed Toby and Jose had got what he wanted. I understand he would be miffed about having another season of Jones and Smalling but I doubt signing a good centre back would have lifted us that much higher than where we are at the moment (which is total mediocrity). There are major issues at the club but i think it's fair to say he's responsible for some of this mess (he wanted and got Lindelof and Bailly and they both haven't settled)

Greck

The real humiliation would be replacing him with his dear friend Conte

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His biggest failing at this club will be how not a single player improved under him in almost three years.
Don't care how bad the board are or how shit the football is, it's a remarkable feat. Not one player ffs!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
His biggest failing at this club will be how not a single player improved under him in almost three years.
Don't care how bad the board are or how shit the football is, it's a remarkable feat. Not one player ffs!
Shaw.

edcunited1878

Lingard improved and has a place in the first team, no question. Also, the team improved from season one to second season and so far this season have gone backwards. He's done the best he could with his squad, so be it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Has he? He's had found/five good games, something he has done before. Not sure that's conclusive in saying he's a better player.
Lingard improved and has a place in the first team, no question. Also, the team improved from season one to second season and so far this season have gone backwards. He's done the best he could with his squad, so be it.
Lingard is a good shout. Think the team Improvement has come from bringing better individual players who have themselves stagnated imo.
We certainly have a better team than May 2016 and that's credit to him.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Has he? He's had found/five good games, something he has done before. Not sure that's conclusive in saying he's a better player.

Lingard is a good shout. Think the team Improvement has come from bringing better individual players who have themselves stagnated imo.
We certainly have a better team than May 2016 and that's credit to him.
He said himself he has become stronger mentally thanks to Mourinhos criticism. :p

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I'm in jose stay but hate his tactics at times and hate his Martial treatment and his question him buying Lukaku as I've seen enough.

But if he wanted a new defender and was not backed, that's disgraceful. Jose knows a thing or two about defenders. His style of football depends heavily on defenders excelling at defending deep. This raises questions on Lindelof but that's another topic.

Jose needs lots of money and defensive tactics to win. We knew that. The board should have known that. We finished second last season. Rivals strengthened. We hardly improved player wise.

If you are not gonna let Jose be Jose what are you really doing.

I'm ok with 1 nil wins if we win big trophies.

Irwin99

I'm in jose stay but hate his tactics at times and hate his Martial treatment and his question him buying Lukaku as I've seen enough.

But if he wanted a new defender and was not backed, that's disgraceful. Jose knows a thing or two about defenders. His style of football depends heavily on defenders excelling at defending deep. This raises questions on Lindelof but that's another topic.

Jose needs lots of money and defensive tactics to win. We knew that. The board should have known that. We finished second last season. Rivals strengthened. We hardly improved player wise.

And Bailly, who he seems to have lost all confidence in. I question whether some of these players were actually bought at Jose's request but a lot of the players that have arrived during his time here have not been successful at all. I was always sold on the idea that Jose could improve defenders but that hasn't been the case either.

Kapardin

The football under Jose is not defensive. It's just utter crap. Its not like Simeone's clearly defined system. And that's on Jose.

Secondly, this myth that Jose didn't want some of his signings needs to be put to bed. None of the briefings even hinted at that and all players appear to fit Jose's vision, if not in performance.

He signed 8 players and all of them show varying degrees of inconsistency. Surely a lack of signings this summet does not excuse this. At what point does he take responsibility for the mess?

Web of Bissaka

One big difference of the Mourinho now and Mourinho before is, he used to protect his players, forming a kind of professional camaraderie with many of them (pretty sure fall out still happened then as it did with all managers anyway). Did he used to bash his players to this extent as he did with United players? Maybe starting from managing Real. Didn't follow his career nor Real before so I'm so not sure, but heard people talked about it. Before that, never heard of him blaming his own players and instead a lot of his past players praised his player-management.

Jojo <3 Mou

Mourinho should have resigned at the start of the season.
He himself foresaw the difficulties and has allowed himself to become embroiled in this drama, for what?
Maybe he thought he could overcome it. He hasn't. I hope that he is able to find a job better suited to him and be successful.

United will hopefully find success again soon. If Mourinho is the problem, then him being gone is a massive step to fixing it.
I don't think he is but him leaving will put the spotlight firmly on some under-performing players and a very incompetent board. Which might force some necessary changes.

Time will tell...

ash_86

Mourinho should have resigned at the start of the season.
He himself foresaw the difficulties and has allowed himself to become embroiled in this drama, for what?
Maybe he thought he could overcome it. He hasn't. I hope that he is able to find a job better suited to him and be successful.

United will hopefully find success again soon. If Mourinho is the problem, then him being gone is a massive step to fixing it.
I don't think he is but him leaving will put the spotlight firmly on some under-performing players and a very incompetent board. Which might force some necessary changes.

Time will tell...
And lose £20m+ in compensation? :houllier:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Should have waited before extension. Providing extension means you are backing him. Woodward made a 180 on him during the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.