The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's going nowhere, not for a good few months yet.

It's The Mirror you donuts.

We'll see.
He could easily have said a bad result "could" see him sacked.
To go so definite is telling.

el3mel

Its early enough in the season that a manager can take over and get familiarity with the squad. Even if they want to target someone like Poch, they'll get a more experienced caretaker manager like Chelsea did with Benitez.

Now if they give it to Carrick or a different caretaker and they get us 3rd place + some exciting football, then what? You'd be hard pressed to not give them the job on a permanent basis.
If Carrick ends up doing a good job then why not ? However I pretty much doubt that we'll finish top 4 anyway.

McKenna will probably be the caretaker manager, I doubt carrick would be allowed I don't think he has all his badges yet.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I can't get my head on a single reason the last 3 CL winner will accept a job midseason surrounded by all this shite. I'm pretty sure we approached him but can see preferring to start the role from next season.
May be he likes the challenge and he's tired of hearing he only won with Real because of a stacked squad and can't build his own elsewhere. You never know, high achieving people have big egos and think they can turn any situation around.

el3mel

May be he likes the challenge and he's tired of hearing he only won with Real because of a stacked squad and can't build his own elsewhere. You never know, high achieving people have big egos and think they can turn any situation around.
Isn't getting United job next summer a challenge anyway ? But it'll better than getting to a team he didn't even had a chance to control its transfers midseason.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't get my head on a single reason the last 3 CL winner will accept a job midseason surrounded by all this shite. I'm pretty sure we approached him but can see preferring to start the role from next season.
We played that game last time waiting 6months for Jose.
We're not waiting 9months.

We'll see how this progresses

VanGaalyTime

For those doubting the Mirror, he's what Sam Lee (huge leader for United and City news on Twitter) has said about the story. "
There’s no sleight of hand or hedging going on there! That’s as unequivocal as it gets from a news story"

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Isn't getting United job next summer a challenge anyway ? But it'll better than getting to a team he didn't even had a chance to control its transfers midseason.
Klopp took over midseason too, despite all the moan and groan there's a ton of quality in the squad compared to the one Liverpool had when they sacked Brendan and Klopp made an immediate impact. I wouldn't say there's nothing to play for this early in the season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's as low pressure as you'll get at United.
He's basically got a 9month freebie with all blame pointing else where.

If he could get a system going like klopp did and we can see where its going thatd be something

el3mel

Klopp took over midseason too, despite all the moan and groan there's a ton of quality in the squad compared to the one Liverpool had when they sacked Brendan and Klopp made an immediate impact. I wouldn't say there's nothing to play for this early in the season.
Klopp was coming to Liverpool from a relegation fight with BVB, not 3 CL wins in a row like Zidane though.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If this is true, why not do it before the weekend game?!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Klopp was coming to Liverpool from a relegation fight with BVB, not 3 CL wins in a row like Zidane though.
Zidane is not going to keep polishing his medals for the next 8 months, he'd be keen to get working if he has set his mind on the club.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If true why prolong?

Is that not embarrassing for Jose sitting there knowing it's his last match?

VanGaalyTime

You have to look at the journalist and not the paper at times. The journo in question has very good contacts at United. Hope it's true.
Exactly. And it's not just him. Guys like Sam Lee (super trusted for Manchester footy news) are jumping on it.

el3mel

If true why prolong?

Is that not embarrassing for Jose sitting there knowing it's his last match?
It's more of a problem that players may not be even bothered to play tomorrow if they know it.

Mick321

Neville is delusional, wish he'd shut up. If he had his way Wenger and Moyes would have jobs for life at Arsenal and here!

Reactions: SteveJ

GBBQ

Think it’s time. He’s lost the confidence of the players. They look clueless on the pitch.

Mourinho has been let down by the players and the board for sure (and the changes shouldn’t stop with him) but he can’t seem to get past that to squeeze the best out of them like his first season here.

Ultimately I think he has earned the right to see out the season but I doubt it’s in his best interests to do it

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Right decision! However, it is ridiculous the way this has come out, If true.

Judas

Open to offers
Too good to be true, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also don't really get it, just do it already if the plan is to do it no matter what the result tomorrow. Imagine how great the atmosphere would be if he gets sacked in the morning....

Status
Not open for further replies.