The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojo <3 Mou

And lose £20m+ in compensation? :wenger:
Your reputation vs 20 million? Considering that you are probably worth in excess of 100 million. And, your reputation and success is what will guarantee you future prospects.

I personally would have resigned. Money will not hide another failure and it will be a failure...his failure (rightfully or not).

Darlington Padgett

Your reputation vs 20 million? Considering that you are probably worth in excess of 100 million. And, your reputation and success is what will guarantee you future prospects.

I personally would have resigned. Money will not hide another failure and it will be a failure...his failure (rightfully or not).
He'll get a new job soon after leaving United for sure. It's not just the compensation, the way Woodward betrayed him, getting those 20m might be the only way to get back at him.

ash_86

Getting fired is better than resigning. If Jose resigns, he's throwing the white towel which means that he's given up. No big club will come near him(Highly doubt if that's the case even if he didn't) . He can also twist the story if he gets fired as it's his words vs Ed's. Also he'd get zero pounds for throwing in the towel.

Jojo <3 Mou

Getting fired is better than resigning. If Jose resigns, he's throwing the white towel which means that he's given up. No big club will come near him(Highly doubt if that's the case even if he didn't) . He can also twist the story if he gets fired as it's his words vs Ed's. Also he'd get zero pounds for throwing in the towel.
Yea, so the only reason to stay when you are facing a dead end is money.

I'm pretty sure that Mourinho is still an attractive prospect as a manager. No doubt that he has lost a lot of his gloss but he is still an elite manager. Evidence by him still winning in the worst phase of his 2 decades old career. There is no doubt that there are big clubs in a hurry for success.

If not, maybe a step down is best for him. He started as a P.E. teacher and translator and became one of the best managers in the world. A tier 2 club would be below his current status but, at the same time an opportunity to stamp his authority and build a legacy.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I want to screenshot this poll and upload it 2-3 years later when everyone is blaming the new manager for our failings once again.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I want to screenshot this poll and upload it 2-3 years later when everyone is blaming the new manager for our failings once again.
Indeed. It is worrying how many act as if the hardest part of the solution to our current malaise is sacking the manager. I hope United win tomorrow and keep on winning whether Mourinho will stay around or go at some point.

Bocca9978

BBC news reporting that the board gave the vote of confidence now.

Won’t be long.

C'est Moi Cantona

To prove what? You say it like its unique to us, managers get sacked all the time and fans get giddy at the next guy making things work, if it doesn't then you just repeat the process, or are we supposed to be the ones to make a point by standing by our failing managers.

el3mel

And lose £20m+ in compensation? :wenger:
I don't understand why people are acting like this 20m will determine the course of his life. Guy is a millionaire last I checked. These 20m for these guys in football might be like 20 pounds for us.

Needham

I don't understand why people are acting like this 20m will determine the course of his life. Guy is a millionaire last I checked. These 20m for these guys in football might be like 20 pounds for us.
Let's say minimum wage is 10 pounds an hour, so that's 80 pounds for an average day's work. By your logic Mourinho and "these guys in football" are earning 400 million pounds a week. You want to do some more checking.

el3mel

Let's say minimum wage is 10 pounds an hour, so that's 80 pounds for an average day's work. By your logic Mourinho and "these guys in football" are earning 400 million pounds a week. You want to do some more checking.
You know that he has been in this job for many years don't you. How much money has he collected through his life and put into his back account ?

Not to mention, you're also forgetting the money he gains from the ads and sponsors for products he has done. He should have ton of money from just this.

Needham

You know that he has been in this job for many years don't you. How much money has he collected through his life and put into his back account ?

Not to mention, you're also forgetting the money he gains from the ads and sponsors for products he has done. He should have ton of money from just this.
And you're forgetting that he paid for the players bought during his period as manager out of his own pocket.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

His net worth is supposed to be around 50m£, so 20m£ is very significant.

el3mel

His net worth is supposed to be around 50m£, so 20m£ is very significant.
That if he has started to work this year but they guy probably has a bank account with *10 more money or even more. It's a bonus and he'll sure welcome it but people acting like he's fighting to get this 20m as if he will sleep in streets without them.

Needham

That if he has started to work this year but they guy probably has a bank account with *10 more money or even more. It's a bonus and he'll sure welcome it but people acting like he's fighting to get this 20m as if he will sleep in streets without them.
He's already in temporary accomodation. Hotels are heartless and will have no hesitation in showing him the door if he loses his source of income.

el3mel

He's already in temporary accomodation. Hotels are heartless and will have no hesitation in showing him the door if he loses his source of income.
He lives in the hotel because his family is living in London so no reason to buy a house and live in it alone.

You must be kidding yourself if you think he can't afford a new house. :lol:

You need to realize these people work on a different level than us.

Smores

Whether he should eventually go or not is a different question but we're still at the stage where it'd be ridiculous to sack a manager who has just finished 2nd because of a small run of bad form.

If the club were even contemplating sacking him in the summer they would have done so. This would be purely based on 3-4 bad games and that's a very bad sign for how reactive this club may have become.

ScarleyUtd

Tbh it seems pretty simple to me today.

If the players play their hearts out against Newcastle in support of the manager then we know.

If they don't then we know too.

Needham

He lives in the hotel because his family is living in London so no reason to buy a house and live in it alone.

You must be kidding yourself if you think he can't afford a new house. :lol:

You need to realize these people work on a different level than us.
If you cut him does he not bleed? You're villifying football managers as some species of inhuman cokebeasts while claiming the superrich are immune to the average persons financial worries. In so doing you've completely lost me. Have a thread break. Have a kitkat.

el3mel

If you cut him does he not bleed? You're villifying football managers as some species of inhuman cokebeasts while claiming the superrich are immune to the average persons financial worries. In so doing you've completely lost me. Have a thread break. Have a kitkat.
Well, yes they're. Their finanicial worries are different than "our" financial worries and are in different numbers.

Mind you If I get only 1 million from one job I'll die out of happiness before I can spend them. The same can't be said about these guys.

Needham

Well, yes they're. Their finanicial worries are different than "our" financial worries and are in different numbers.

Mind you If I get only 1 million from one job I'll die out of happiness before I can spend them. The same can't be said about these guys.
Apologies. I assumed everyone on the Caf was a millionaire. I'm sorry for your troubles.

el3mel

You see that @el3mel. But no you going to continue making excuses for Jose.
1) Why the mention ? Why m out of anyone else ?
2) I'm not making shite. I recognize the problem in the club runs deeper. People want to convince themselves that it's only a manager problem and a short fix will solve everything, like what they did with Moyes and LVG. Well good luck then. Both of us will be here in next 2 years I guess and we will see by ourselves.

Bojan11

1) Why the mention ? Why m out of anyone else ?
2) I'm not making shite. I recognize the problem in the club runs deeper. People want to convince themselves that it's only a manager problem and a short fix will solve everything, like what they did with Moyes and LVG. Well good luck then. Both of us will be here in next 2 years I guess and we will see by ourselves.
Because you were making shit up like Sarri has not had a big impact on the way Chelsea play so far. When the evidence is clear. The difference is clear from last season. Its only taken him three months.

Whilst its been nearly three years with Jose and we play worse than we did under Van Gaal. Yet for some strange reason according to you Jose can do no wrong. It's the fans or the players. Its Woodward or Van Gaals fault.

el3mel

Because you were making shit up like Sarri has not had a big impact on the way Chelsea play so far. When the evidence is clear. The difference is clear from last season. Its only taken him three months.

Whilst its been nearly three years with Jose and we play worse than we did under Van Gaal. Yet for some strange reason according to you Jose can do no wrong. It's the fans or the players. Its Woodward or Van Gaals fault.
Stop making things out of your mind.

He did improve them but this is still far away from his football at Napoli. He's still applying thr first steps in his style and he still needs time to get it to max. I never said he didn't improve them.

It has become absolute tedious to get into discussions here if people aren't even willing to read first before posting.

Bojan11

Stop making things out of your mind.

He did improve them but this is still far away from his football at Napoli. He's still applying thr first steps in his style. I never said he didn't improve them.

It has become absolute tedious to get into discussions here if people aren't even willing to read first before posting.
So hes improved them in 3 months. And your hero Jose has not improved us in 3 years. Yeah you should take a break. Maybe follow to wherever Jose goes next. The Inter forums are great.

el3mel

So hes improved them in 3 months. And your hero Jose has not improved us in 3 years. Yeah you should take a break. Maybe follow to wherever Jose goes next. The Inter forums are great.
As usual when some here have nothing to say they revert to personal insults.

I'll be here in 2 years supporting the next manager while you'll be doing your same cycle calling for his head and ingoring all other issues at the club.

I don't need to confirm my support for the club for a no name on an internet forum.

Last edited:

Bojan11

As usual when some here have nothing to say they revert to personal insults.

I'll be here in 2 years supporting the next manager while you'll be doing your same cycle calling for his heaand ingoring all other issues at the club.

I don't need to confirm my support for the club for a no name on an internet forum.
Ignoring all other issues?

I've said many times Woodward should stay away from footballing decisions.

Yet your man Jose has been backed with £300m yet done nothing. All the players he bought have looked worse. Majority of players besides DDG are worse and it somehow according to you is the fault of Woodward. Was it Woodwards fault we had less possession against Derby County at home?

There you have Klopp improving nearly every Liverpool player, whilst Jose has barely improved one. I bet it was Eds fault that he decided to sabotage the team and play midfielders in defence. I am sure signing Toby would have solved our attack issues.

Unlike you, i don't think our manager is completely blameless. The team cannot string 5 passes together. That's not the fault of the CEO. Yet here you are in nearly every thread constantly making out that he is blameless and its everyone elses fault.

Amir

Since the manager is a failure - again - then the problem is also with the people appointing our managers. Having said that, do you not think the quality of our manager's work is a big part of our problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.