The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

Well this has turned on it's head. From what I'm seeing match going reds are going all out in support of Mourinho. A manager who's had players bought for a few hundred million pounds but will probably select a big midfield at home today to contain Diame's height.

He's responsible for tactics, negative.
He's responsible for squad harmony, in shatters.
He's responsible for public comments on the squad, negative.
He's responsilbe for training, no one can see any direction there. No pressing, attacking patterns.
He's responsible for team selection, risk averse, always thinking how to stop the other team, no hint of a settled first team.

I can't believe fans are going to use this opportunity to side with him. I know Ed has done poorly in the wage structure, selection of manager and the direction of this football club, but giving support to the most negative manager I've ever seen here is bonkers.

I know Moyes and van Gaal also brought boring football, but the level of investment Mourinho has seen and still being nowhere close to resembling a good attacking team is too much for me. He has to go now, a big part of the problem lies with him, this squad is capable of better than we're seeing today.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Well this has turned on it's head. From what I'm seeing match going reds are going all out in support of Mourinho. A manager who's had players bought for a few hundred million pounds but will probably select a big midfield at home today to contain Diame's height.

He's responsilbe for training, no one can see any direction there. No pressing, attacking patterns.
He's responsible for team selection, risk averse, always thinking how to stop the other team, no hint of a settled first team.

I can't believe fans are going to use this opportunity to side with him. I know Ed has done poorly in the wage structure, selection of manager and the direction of this football club, but giving support to the most negative manager I've ever seen here is bonkers.

I know Moyes and van Gaal also brought boring football, but the level of investment Mourinho has seen and still being nowhere close to resembling a good attacking team is too much for me. He has to go now, a big part of the problem lies with him, this squad is capable of better than we're seeing today.
But why? I cannot fathom the reasoning behind this.

drdoityourself

You can visit the twitter account of 20 year season ticket holder Scott Patterson.

https://twitter.com/R_o_M

I'm seeing this stance all over. It's Ed they are going for, only see Mourinho as a pawn in this situation.

Gary Neville has not helped with his rant last night. But he will never ask for a manager to be sacked, it's everybody else who has to go.
Unless it's his own football club, then the manager is the first to go even when the Salfurd club is successful. Hypocrisy at it's finest, and the fans are lapping it up.

Amir

Because they think this is what a football fan is supposed to do, I suppose.

Honestly, it's ridiculous. On the one hand, you've got the likes of Real Madrid supporters, who probably need 10 minutes without a goal in order to raise the white handkerchief in disgrace. On the other side, you've got the match going United fans, some of whom would probably love to see Mourinho gone, but would say nothing bad about him during a game.

There is a middle ground between being spoiled rotten and acting blind.

Xaviboy

Why drag this out. Anyone actually think we're going to get positive results after the international break against Chelsea, Juventus twice and City in the form were in. He mentioned yesterday there's not much he can do about improving team spirit.

Jesus Christ it's clearly there to see the man wants to be sacked. Doesn't care one bit.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
You can visit the twitter account of 20 year season ticket holder Scott Patterson.

I'm seeing this stance all over. It's Ed they are going for, only see Mourinho as a pawn in this situation.

Gary Neville has not helped with his rant last night. But he will never ask for a manager to be sacked, it's everybody else who has to go.
Unless it's his own football club, then the manager is the first to go even when the Salfurd club is successful. Hypocrisy at it's finest, and the fans are lapping it up.

Honestly, it's ridiculous. On the one hand, you've got the likes of Real Madrid supporters, who probably need 10 minutes without a goal in order to raise the white handkerchief in disgrace. On the other side, you've got the match going United fans, some of whom would probably love to see Mourinho gone, but would say nothing bad about him during a game.

Despite the fact that Mourinho has done the exact same thing in his previous 2 clubs.

Very disheartening if true.

Alabaster Codify7

There's an unusual atmosphere around the club today isn't there.

I reckon if he wins 4-0 or something, he's going nowhere. But anything other than a comfortable win and he'll be sacked tomorrow. I can see the atmosphere at OT being horrendous again today and that's gonna feed into the performance.

Gone by Monday. Club's a right state thogh.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A few people have changed votes again this morning. We are a fickle bunch .

Adisa

It's what having a manager for 27 years does.

el3mel

I don't know what you're on about. He criticized Mourinho in the run as well but he's right, it's no brainer when the other side is Ed.

Anyway thanks for sharing the account. This guy makes too much sense and will start following him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Am I the only one finding it ridiculous how many fans are behind Mourinho?

drdoityourself

I don't know what you're on about. He criticized Mourinho in the run as well but he's right, it's no brainer when the other side is Ed.

Anyway thanks for sharing the account. This guy makes too much sense and will start following him.
Of course he makes fine points. But leave the battle against Ed for another day. Supporting this manager out of spite for the vice chairman is very short sighted. This manager has to take responsibilty for the job he's supposed to be doing. To create this false support for this negative manager we have, is a weird way to protest.

el3mel

Of course he makes fine points. But leave the battle against Ed for another day. Supporting this manager out of spite for the vice chairman is very short sighted. This manager has to take responsibilty for the job he's supposed to be doing. To create this false support for this negative manager we have, is a weird way to protest.
He clearly said the manager isn't doing well enough and need to improve. He is choosing between evil and bigger evil, and his bigger evil is Ed to his opinion.

Mainoldo

A few people have changed votes again this morning. We are a fickle bunch .
Didn’t Moyes teach you this? Lol. We don’t know what we want as a fan base let alone a club. But we want to blame the board, in a way I believe us fans are the problem too.

Kevin_

Keep him here. I won’t ever agree to sack him now, if he is to go will be at the end of the season. Support him as long as he’s in that chair.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
OT will now roll out the bed carpet for Mourinho. I can't really be top critical being an armchair fan but I'm not for it.

Adisa

I don't see Jose getting anymore backing than he had the other night. It'll be a muted weird atmosphere.
He will get a huge ovation but the ovation will be quickly forgotten once we start playing and fans witness another borefest.

3pwood

He's responsible for team selection, risk averse, always thinking how to stop the other team, no hint of a settled first team..
Perfect. Like I said, people wanting more from the players are blaming the wrong people. They aren't pressing and "showing more guts" because the MANAGER doesn't want them to. He wants his teams to defend too deep, no pressure on the opposition and counter-attack/long ball. It worked on his 2nd season but it's collapsing right now, it's Chelsea all over again.

United are wasting time, just sack him now or we'll end up mid table

cantaldo

Go at this point, what world class attacking/creative player is going to sign for mourinho unless we throw loads of money at them like we have already done with players during his spell at the club and all we will end up with is another mercenary on our hands.

Red Bilko

Last Man Standing Hard Mode champion 2023/24
I know there are problems in many areas of the club, but Jose doesn't do himself any favours. He's looked miserable in pretty much every interview I've seen him in since he's been here. The favouritism of certain players and the throwing under the bus of others. The blaming everyone and anyone but himself for poor results. The playing of 2 x DM's (Matic & Fellaini) at home games when anyone with half a brain can see we should be playing a Fred/Perriera instead of Matic or Fellaini.

ash_86

I don't understand why people are acting like this 20m will determine the course of his life. Guy is a millionaire last I checked. These 20m for these guys in football might be like 20 pounds for us.
Why'd he give up free money? You see Ronaldo's face in shampoo bottles. Comfortably he's one of the richest sportsman around and would he turn down a noodle sponsoror tomorrow? Never.

el3mel

Why'd he give up free money? You see Ronaldo's face in shampoo bottles. Comfortably he's one of the richest sportsman around and would he turn down a noodle sponsoror tomorrow? Never.
I don't disagree he would love that bonus but it's not something he'll fight for to get is what I mean.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't disagree he would love that bonus but it's not something he'll fight for to get is what I mean.
Rich people are some of the greediest feckers around. They'll fight for every penny.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Prediction: United will play up today, and totally do Newcastle, something like 3-0.

The Mourinho in/out fickle-ometer will swing back a few points in favour of remain.

Currently at 74.5% leave.

Bet anything if United wins that number will be lower by the end of the day :wenger:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The League table tells the whole story. Look how many points we trail our top 4 rivals by; look at the contrast between our goal-difference and theirs; look at the contrast in 'goals scored'...and all this after a mere seven games. Time's up, Jose:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/premierleague/table

Status
Not open for further replies.