The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

Tactics, team selection etc is down to the manager.

In terms of the main virus at the club that has rotted the club in the last 6 years, he's not part of the problem very much at all. Neither was Van Gaal or Moyes.
Signings too. Lets not pretend it is Woodward suggesting the targets.

Then you accept Mourinho has to go. Because lack of coaching in attack, ostracizing Fred and playing Matic are tactical and selection problems.

Ed needs to go, but the immediate and remediabke problem is Mourinho.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Van Gaal was crap but lets not pretend he had loads of good players at his disposal either. He didn't. No manager since Fergie has or will for a long time whilst Woodward, Glazers are running the show.
He had enough decent players to put together a cohesive team, the league was a lot weaker then than it is now too. Relatively speaking the players at his disposal were more than good enough to get CL football that season and we failed miserably due to his poor management, our showing in the CL was particularly embarrassing.

Fracture90

I can't answer all of them mate.

We've discussed before pal haven't we?

We agreed to disagree.
Nah mate, our every discussion ended with you completely ingoing my posts because they were pretty much making your arguments invalid.

ErranMorad

Who cares who was worse between Moyes,Van Gaal & Jose. At the end of the day all three were shite and have subjected us to some terrible football these past 6 years. And like the other two, this idiot needs to go to.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
To an extent I think most great managers operate off stubbornness to a certain extent - their ability to go against the grain and make seemingly unpopular decisions that end up being wise calls is what sets them apart from the average football fan who knows a ton about the game but wouldn't cut it as a manager at all. The problem is that (in a lot of cases) the managerial genius which propelled said manager to the top begins to dry up as the game changes, and the stubbornness which was once a virtue instead further hinders an already flailing manager.
Whilst I do think Jose is very stubborn and is out of touch with the modern game, I still believe this version of Jose could do better than what he is doing right now - he just doesn’t want to and wants out but with a paycheque.

You're misinterpreting criticism of your sanctimonious and pretentious thread and subsequent behaviour for criticism of you criticising Jose.

Look through my recent posts, I'm firmly Jose out, but I also go to the games and know that to support the team above all else is what matters, irrespective of my thoughts on the manager. Because, you know, that's what fans are supposed to do.

As opposed to what you do, which is to threaten to boycott the club you profess to support unless the manager (LvG) gets sacked and replaced by the man you want (Jose), and then, when the man you wanted to succeed the last man in charge also flops, you then threaten to boycott the club again. And then, when you're criticised for blaming the fans for the malaise the club is in because they're not acting like spoiled children with the white hankies a la Madrid, you have yet another hissy fit.

Just because the Jose songs gets sung, doesn't mean everyone is uncritical. I've said it numerous times on here, most of the fans can be split three ways in terms of their apportioning of blame: the manager, the board, and the players, with the majority blaming a combination of the board and Jose.
Because that is what ‘matters' and that is what fans are supposed to do.

No only United matchgoers seem to have a sizeable contingent which think showing extreme loyalty to the manager means the same thing as showing undying loyalty to the club. This **** worship of every manager who gets appointed is embarassing especially when this manager takes regular shits on the club and is just manipulating the fans without any real love for them.

CA1

Nah mate, our every discussion ended with you completely ingoing my posts because they were pretty much making your arguments invalid.
That is how you viewed it.

I think I remember we stopped because I realised you didn't understand the club.

CA1

He had enough decent players to put together a cohesive team, the league was a lot weaker then than it is now too. Relatively speaking the players at his disposal were more than good enough to get CL football that season and we failed miserably due to his poor management, our showing in the CL was particularly embarrassing.
The same players are doing shit now.

I'll give you a clue.

It's them.

Redo91

In the week when one clueless CEO in John Delaney sacked a manager who was passed it in O’Neill I hope Woodward does likewise in an almost identical situation. Sick of watching this United team especially when our two greatest rivals are so good to watch.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
If we added a Pogba to that team it would of made a huge difference.
True I guess. You could argue di Maria under Jose would make a big difference in this team.

I'd prefer LVG at this precise moment, Pereira would be getting played ahead of Matic and he'd probably be using Greenwood or Chong instead of Lukaku. Then again Rooney would probably still be starting :lol:

Fracture90

That is how you viewed it.

I think I remember we stopped because I realised you didn't understand the club.
I believe you should jog your memory, after all you can easily revisit all of them posts, but I guess it's easier for you to just completely ignore a post and deem a poster "unable to understand the club" because you'd get exposed much like I exposed your points in "Mourinho signings" comment.

Robbie Boy

I notice the absence of the ‘holier than thou Jose in’ crowd that polluted this place with utter bollox during the international break. Funny that.

Foxbatt

Jose has to go and it is pathetic that Woodward cannot see it. Yes it is time the banners are out. Even someone without any experience at a top club but is a good coach who plays good football is better than this dross.

Borden

One thing I find remarkable is the fact that despite how utterly awful we are Mourinho doesn't even entertain the possibility of trying something different. It's the same shite week after week. Reminds me of that old definition of insanity, doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

Rolaholic

I notice the absence of the ‘holier than thou Jose in’ crowd that polluted this place with utter bollox during the international break. Funny that.
Oh they'll be back in full force after we manage to nick one against the mighty young boys fc midweek...

Patrick08

The same players are doing shit now.

I'll give you a clue.

It's them.
Either the players have to adapt to managers tactics or the manager have to adapt to players strengths, both are moving away from each other? Who would you blame when the managers tactics are so reactive, defensive and uninspiring? In a one off game against a better team its understandable, but this is on the manager, players are not given freedom, though I agree with anyone who says all the current set of players have weakness in their game and are not complete players, in the end its the managers job to get results and points on the board, and get the job done by adapting to the players.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
True I guess. You could argue di Maria under Jose would make a big difference in this team.

I'd prefer LVG at this precise moment, Pereira would be getting played ahead of Matic and he'd probably be using Greenwood or Chong instead of Lukaku. Then again Rooney would probably still be starting :lol:
Yep, di Maria on our right now would be much better. Things haven’t been great in Terms of ins and outs, some should have Stayed, some should have been moved faster.

I think we just need somebody younger and more in touch with modern football. Maybe a proper director of football who knows the game, not just a money man. Whether the glazers will want that though is debatable.

I think they’ll sell the club soon and then we will see movement.

Robbie Boy

Aye, the in-crowd had a ball the past two weeks. Just wondering where they all went. Probably thinking up who to blame and they’ll be back tomorrow maybe.
Yup, probably off typing multiple paragraph posts with their dictionary in hand to show everyone how uber-intellectual they are. Problem is, the posts will still be bullshit but very academically worded bullshit.

Patrick08

In the week when one clueless CEO in John Delaney sacked a manager who was passed it in O’Neill I hope Woodward does likewise in an almost identical situation. Sick of watching this United team especially when our two greatest rivals are so good to watch.
The rivals landing those managers are also a failure of Woodward 's handling of footballing affairs.

RORY65

This is why the argument that it's all due to having shit players doesn't work (although I do agree that your squad isn't great). We finished 2nd last season largely due to having a few individuals performing well, we weren't the 2nd best unit, the 2nd best coached or 2nd most coherent side but we had a goalkeeper playing out of his skin and we were more clinical with our chances than most, the fact that we don't create much and now can't defend is a symptom of bad coaching and the lack of a system.

Robbie Boy

Well they've already blamed Woodward, the players, the media and the scouts so I guess the tea lady is next in line.
Thing is, they blame absolutely everyone but the infallible Mourinho. Then when they get called out on their shite they bizarrely claim they actually haven’t done that. It’s like they don’t read what they post.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well they've already blamed Woodward, the players, the media and the scouts so I guess the tea lady is next in line.
Somehow I remember someone saying that the coffee at Carrington was bad. I have no idea where that memory comes from.

vanderpants

what does Jose have to do to get sacked? Poor performance yet again, poor signings and his attitude stinks most of the time. Don't expect top a 4 finish for the next couple of seasons.

Kapardin

The simple question really for those who wish to deflect the blame from Jose is whether our attack is worse than Southampton's? Against a horrendous Palace side at home?

Let's be clear, if Jose had us lose to City 3-1 and claimed he wasn't backed in the summer, it is a fair point. I didn't hold him entirely responsible for the City loss, though tactics could have been better. But this stat against Palace throws his incompetence into sharp relief.

Both Ed and Jose are taking the club down. Get rid of the one who is removable at the least.

Minimalist

This is why the argument that it's all due to having shit players doesn't work (although I do agree that your squad isn't great). We finished 2nd last season largely due to having a few individuals performing well, we weren't the 2nd best unit, the 2nd best coached or 2nd most coherent side but we had a goalkeeper playing out of his skin and we were more clinical with our chances than most, the fact that we don't create much and now can't defend is a symptom of bad coaching and the lack of a system.
People disputed that though. You're right though, all the numbers (never mind opinions) pointed to it. That's why he should have been sacked in the summer - he got 2nd in spite of the shite he had us playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.