The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexUTD

Jose needs 12 points from next 5 games to equal Moyes’ points tally at the half way stage of season.

This is the worst it has ever been for United in premier league era. The fans have never turned at old Trafford for various reasons but it will happen this season.
As long as the Glazers have to dip into the club chest to pay off Mourinho we wont sack him. They have to eat too, poor bastards.

the chameleon

I get the impression that he's truly a fraud. He was flirting with PSG (or at least creating false press releases with his agent, Jorge Mendes) last year until he got a new contract.

He's since self-sabotaged at every opportunity to build the team. Yes he got blocked by Woodward for certain players because they were too old and weren't the right fit. From picking wrong teams, throwing players under the bus, signing £50 million players and not playing them, throwing shade at the board, falling out with top players, attacking Martial even after he saved arse, and this list will go on.

Didn't he do this at Chelsea and got a big payout Christmas?

Him and that dodgy agent (mini Mino), Jorge Mendes probably have schemed this along. Get him a new contract and then start falling out with the club. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but that Mendes bloke is as crooked at Mino. He's sure to get a payout when (or if) Jose gets fired.

It's clear they are out for that big lump sum, before they go off and find another clueless CEO at a top club and repeat their magical formula. True day light fraudsters.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I get the impression that he's truly a fraud. He was flirting with PSG (or at least creating false press releases with his agent, Jorge Mendes) last year until he got a new contract.

He's since self-sabotaged at every opportunity to build the team. Yes he got blocked by Woodward for certain players because they were too old and weren't the right fit. From picking wrong teams, throwing players under the bus, signing £50 million players and not playing them, throwing shade at the board, falling out with top players, attacking Martial even after he saved arse, and this list will go on.

Him and that dodgy agent (mini Mino), Jorge Mendes probably have schemed this along. Get him a new contract and then start falling out with the club. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but that Mendes bloke is as crooked at Mino. He's sure to get a payout when (or if) Jose gets fired.

It's clear they are out for that big lump sum, before they go off and find another clueless CEO at a top club and repeat their magical formula. True day light fraudsters.
Where are the blokes from Football Leaks when you need them? A bit of evidence and we could send them all to jail:lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Mourinho makes the concept of attacking football sound like some unrealistic utopia.

peridigm

I can see José getting another high profile job after United. PSG or RM again. If he fails there, his next job will be along the lines of a FSW at New Castle. I don’t think another high profile club will want him. Maybe he’ll go to the Portugal NT.

BaseFishing

It's funny how everyone was laughing at Arsenal's squad when Wenger was about to leave, and on top of that we took their best player a year ago. And yet, with much less time, much less money, Emery has them playing great football and fighting for a good position in the league.

Let me guess - their squad was better than ours all along and it's all Pogba's fault? Nothing to do with the brilliant hard work an intelligent and good man has done for 6 months?

We need one of those men too, and Mourinho ain't it.

Roboc7

As long as the Glazers have to dip into the club chest to pay off Mourinho we wont sack him. They have to eat too, poor bastards.
There is zero intention to sack him but this could get so bad there won’t be any choice.

Jazz

:lol:. Emery brought a defender that could play out the back though ;)
Jose and his shit excuses. Blind could play out from the back but he didn't use him. All he knows is fecking hoofball.

Minimalist

Jose and his shit excuses. Blind could play out from the back but he didn't use him. All he knows is fecking hoofball.
(Clearly) Blamed Blind for the De Bruyne goal in his first derby, as opposed to the real culprit Bailly.

But at least it was worth favouring the latter given how important he is for us now. /s

Rolaholic

Wasn't Lindelof bought to 'play out the back' too? The excuses are paper thin

Johan07

It's funny how everyone was laughing at Arsenal's squad when Wenger was about to leave, and on top of that we took their best player a year ago. And yet, with much less time, much less money, Emery has them playing great football and fighting for a good position in the league.

Let me guess - their squad was better than ours all along and it's all Pogba's fault? Nothing to do with the brilliant hard work an intelligent and good man has done for 6 months?

This. We dont need a major squad overhaul. We need a new manager and a few tweaks to the squad.
I feel sick when I watch an Arsenal team with maybe one or two players that would get in to our team play with spirit, aggressiveness and bravery.

Jazz

Wasn't Lindelof bought to 'play out the back' too? The excuses are paper thin
Apparently so. I think Victor will be fine under another coach, but we did have Blind who could do the same, yet he spent the club's money and only now just playing Lindelof.
That's why we need a football person. Even old me would have asked him, why do you need to spend on Lindelof when Blind is already here and can do the same thing? Wasting our resources. He's gotten away with such unbelievable B.S. and incompetence.

R'hllor

The residents are looking for blood. :lol:
Who can blame them, the way how certain group of posters behaved towards others in period where things looked better for JM was something alright. Funny how nobody said a word back then.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I will celebrate the day he leaves almost like a trophy won. It’s so important that he leaves.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Every excuse for keeping him is getting debunked left, right and centre.

Jazz

Watching that game makes me so angry. We should be doing much much better with our squad.

I keep saying it. Get rid now. See if Jardim can come in. There are no expectations so he won't have that unbelievable pressure, just like no one expected anything from Emery and he could get on with it until he could implement his structure.

Jazz

Every excuse for keeping him is getting debunked left, right and centre.
Two teams playing so well. One team had no transfer. Arsenal maybe had one or two players in, yet Jose can't do anything with resources available to him. It's disgusting.

jimmyb2000

Little over a week ago Mourinho told journalists we would be in the top 4 by the end of the year - the way its going just now we'll be lucky to stay in the top 10 by the end of the year.

Can't see us picking up more than 1 win in the next 4 games.

OverratedOpinion

Little over a week ago Mourinho told journalists we would be in the top 4 by the end of the year - the way its going just now we'll be lucky to stay in the top 10 by the end of the year.

Can't see us picking up more than 1 win in the next 4 games.
He meant bottom 4.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Watching that game makes me so angry. We should be doing much much better with our squad.

I keep saying it. Get rid now. See if Jardim can come in. There are no expectations so he won't have that unbelievable pressure, just like no one expected anything from Emery and he could get on with it until he could implement his structure.
Quite genuinely, nearly every game I watch these days annoys me as at least one team usually seems to play better football than we do.

Walters_19_MuFc

Getting exposed by other managers who have spent less and have, or at least had, an inferior squad to us.

If Wenger was still at Arsenal, I very much doubt Arsenal be doing as well as they're doing and thats the importance the manager has.

Yes, as ive said before, we could have better players, but in my opinion, we should definately doing better than we are.

Three fecking seasons hes had. In that time he should have identified who he needed and put them into a system that suits those players.

Andersons Dietician

Given all the grief he has given Arsenal but mostly Wenger over the years it would be Ironic if Arsenal were the final nail in his coffin.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Emery's Arsenal just put four goals past Spurs and played like a team hell bent on getting goals. They had a young teenager in midfield too.

Arsenal have Kroenke as owner who is worse than the Glazers imo. But the difference is they have a manager who makes football fun to play so you see their players give their all for him. Alot of these players are the same players who were branded bottlers and a disgrace in the past.

Emery has done a much much better job than Mourinho in a very short time and hasn't been given the funds that Mourinho has either, not even close.

Minimalist

Emery's Arsenal just put four goals past Spurs and played like a team hell bent on getting goals. They had a young teenager in midfield too.

Arsenal have Kroenke as owner who is worse than the Glazers imo. But the difference is they have a manager who makes football fun to play so you see their players give their all for him. Alot of these players are the same players who were branded bottlers and a disgrace in the past.

Emery has done a much much better job than Mourinho in a very short time and hasn't been given the funds that Mourinho has either, not even close.
The club ownership and Ed Woodward are such a low percentage when it comes to the problems of United. They could be better - nobody denies that. But this idea that the current issues aren't 80-90% down to the cnut in the dugout is for the birds.

Giggsyking

To be fair, they’ll only be following orders from the Social Media manager. They can’t exactly tweet out “We know we’re shite at the moment but Jose will be gone soon, just hang in there Reds. Here is a photo of Phil Jones in his Xmas sweater.
:lol:

Cloud7

I said this a while ago, but with the way that goalposts are constantly shifted to defend Mourinho, it won’t be long before people say that Arsenal had a better squad before Emery took over. It’s only a matter of time before it happens.

Sanchez7

Absolutely spot on. We have a squad to capable of competing with everyone bar City.

Kapardin

Are the Glazers really so stupid :confused: Aren't they interested anymore in CL money :confused:
No. Woodward made that clear in a briefing once. The league fetches more money than CL. Qualification for CL is required due to the Adidas clause, but a season out of Europe doesn't break that deal, it takes 2 seasons of no CL which we have avoided till now.

Basically, Glazers want a Top 4 position in the league. But with pretty football so that sponsors can be attracted; I don't think the football of living death we play is part of their grand plans. Not too different from Arsenal under Wenger actually.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I said this a while ago, but with the way that goalposts are constantly shifted to defend Mourinho, it won’t be long before people say that Arsenal had a better squad before Emery took over. It’s only a matter of time before it happens.
He has less and less defenders everyday to be fair.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
At this point I can only assume the poll isn't at 100% because people haven't realised they can change their vote

Status
Not open for further replies.