The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud7

He has less and less defenders everyday to be fair.
There are quite a few faithful who try to mask it by reluctantly saying “yeah I guess he’s A problem but not THE problem” as if the current malaise of the team is only 5% his fault or something. The man inspires loyalty like no one else in football, even when he’s doing as bad a job as possible, he will always have defenders, even if they have to hide behind vague criticisms.

As I said, very soon we will start hearing the Arsenal squad is better than ours. If they beat us on Wednesday it could be as soon as then.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
True, but he still must have some where it counts (the board).
The board aren't as stupid we like to think they are, they know his time is up. I think the delay is in finding a suitable replacement, someone who is skilled enough to galvanize and lead the squad into making a genuine run at top 4.

That and the whole compensation business.

BaseFishing

The board aren't as stupid we like to think they are, they know his time is up. I think the delay is in finding a suitable replacement, someone who is skilled enough to galvanize and lead the squad into making a genuine run at top 4.

Yeah you're probably (and hopefully) right.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There are quite a few faithful who try to mask it by reluctantly saying “yeah I guess he’s A problem but not THE problem” as if the current malaise of the team is only 5% his fault or something. The man inspires loyalty like no one else in football, even when he’s doing as bad a job as possible, he will always have defenders, even if they have to hide behind vague criticisms.

As I said, very soon we will start hearing the Arsenal squad is better than ours. If they beat us on Wednesday it could be as soon as then.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the board pull the trigger on Jose following a loss to Arsenal. Frankly, I would be surprised if they didn't.

Litch

Christ Everton look better than us....we are falling so far behind it's embarrassing.

Chairman Steve

This is what I hope too. Although the cynic in me is saying that there hasn’t been any names floated in the press, meaning it won’t happen since the board like to brief the media and we’ve become relatively leaky news-wise in the past few years... although every once in a while they are able to keep a secret.

Cloud7

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the board pull the trigger on Jose following a loss to Arsenal. Frankly, I would be surprised if they didn't.
I would be very pleasantly surprised if they did. I’ve found that the board gets criticized for far more things than they should on here, but the one thing I have constantly found fault in them for is that they take far too long to pull the trigger on underperforming managers.

All of Moyes, Vangle and Mourinho should have been fired earlier than they actually were. They drag their feet on this far too much.

R'hllor

He has less and less defenders everyday to be fair.
Not really, they either crawling back into the shadows or changing skins, if JM would start changing whole thing a bit in his favor, watch them all go back to their old self, maybe even more mental.

Cloud7

I'm waiting for a David McDonnel tweet like :devil:
The last month or however long it’s been since that tweet has been all his fault. Had he not posted that tweet, causing our fans to go into their moral outrage (not even sure where all those fans were before) combined with that ridiculous Gary Neville rant has caused us to still be stuck with Mourinho since then. It’s all his fault :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The last month or however long it’s been since that tweet has been all his fault. Had he not posted that tweet, causing our fans to go into their moral outrage (not even sure where all those fans were before) combined with that ridiculous Gary Neville rant has caused us to still be stuck with Mourinho since then. It’s all his fault :lol:
G.Neville is such an hypocritical twat who is just an utter embarrassment by this point. This is the same guy who is part owner of a club that has seen the sacking of 4 managers already in a short space of time yet the hypocrite has the gall to come forward and preach his nonsensical garbage about never sacking managers.

The man gets my blood boiling everytime he opens his mouth now.

freeurmind

weak willed
It's gone. I was for keeping Jose till the Palace result and the past week. It's the same issue for over a year now. His comments in the press are grating as well now, absolutely never able to take any responsibility for the performances, it's always the players don't fight enough, the players this, the players that, we worked on this in training and knew how to beat them but couldn't carry out the game plan. He can't help himself. How does Matic still play every game? Why doesn't Herrera play more? Why did he buy Fred? Taking off Pogba and Mata while looking for a winnver vs Palace at home was the final straw for me. he either doesn't know what he's doing or intentionally sabotaging things. We're better off sacking him now, getting an interim in, flying under the radar and trying to push for top 6 and making an FA Cup run hopefully and then doing our best to get someone new in for next season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I would be very pleasantly surprised if they did. I’ve found that the board gets criticized for far more things than they should on here, but the one thing I have constantly found fault in them for is that they take far too long to pull the trigger on underperforming managers.

All of Moyes, Vangle and Mourinho should have been fired earlier than they actually were. They drag their feet on this far too much.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm just as frustrated as you and everyone else, but I take consolation in the knowledge that we will, eventually, by hook or by crook, be rid of the cancerous cretin once and for all.

There will be a party in my pants on that day and everyone is invited - apart from the fellas of course.

Chairman Steve

That David McDonnell hype was memorable. It actually looked like the board had actually learned to be proactive for the first time.

Then Gary Neville came in and crushed our hopes, shaming the media and calling Utd fans who wanted it to happen morons and ramble roused the blind zealot legion of Utd fans to give Jose a standing ovation at the next match, in order to stand by a principle of standing by the manager so we look morally superior to everyone else.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm just as frustrated as you and everyone else, but I take consolation in the knowledge that we will, eventually, by hook or by crook, be rid of the cancerous cretin once and for all.

There will be a party in my pants on that day and everyone is invited - apart from the fells of course.
The annoyance is that this should be done sooner rather than later preferably in order to still have a chance to fight for a top 4 finish.

We've gone through the process of waiting for everything to be lost before acting and I'm particularly not looking forward to seeing us make the same mistake a third time in a row.

Vadim

The annoyance is that this should be done sooner rather than later preferably in order to still have a chance to fight for a top 4 finish.

We've gone through the process of waiting for everything to be lost before acting and I'm particularly not looking forward to seeing us make the same mistake a third time in a row.
A new manager isn’t going to steer us to top 4. Jose is at blame for most of the shite we serve up but we’re still not getting near Arsenal or Spurs.

This season is a write off. Finishing 4th will just paper over cracks. A nasty 7th-10th finish will really send a message to the owners. Jose will need to be sacked, we will need to sell the shite players stinking out the place, that we need a DoF and that we need a modern thinking manager.

Finishing 4th will just make Ed think “Oh this new manager is good, we can give Smalling and Jones fat new contracts.”

Short term pain for long term gain.

Feck 4th.

E-mal

Any united fan who thinks he should still have his job have their heads buried in the sand. It has never been more obvious that a manager is out of his depth and needs put out of his misery.
If not for anything the air of positivity that comes with managerial change will go along way.
What is obvious is the need for a change in structure so we don't have incompetent managers and players stinking up the place.

Vadim

Any united fan who thinks he should still have his job have their heads buried in the sand. It has never been more obvious that a manager is out of his depth and needs put out of his misery.
If not for anything the air of positivity that comes with managerial change will go along way.
What is obvious is the need for a change in structure so we don't have incompetent managers and players stinking up the place.
There isn’t one person here who still see’s Jose as our long term manager, surely?

SqueakyWeasel

Stayed up until 4am this morning watching our "match" against S'hampton.

Caught the N.London derby today (best PL game I've seen in ages) now can't bear to watch the Merseyside derby in case Everton are better than us (I know they are not man-for-man but motivation is key to getting the best out of everyone individually and certainly collectively … we have a virus).

Came here and changed my vote today. Forgotten all about this really. Not been really Jose "in" for ages now (since the no subs v Juventus at OT) but was finding it hard to wrap my head around the vacuum if he goes. Now think that even I could do a better job!

JMack1234

I'll be honest

I think he's here for the season. He'll certainly be here for the Champions League games.

david bazley

Sadly the Arsenal squad are already better than us, much better in fact

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we fail to beat Fulham at home that has to be it surely. I’m genuinely not confident either after they put up a decent fight at Chelsea.

Greck

the Arsenal and Liverpool matches will hasten the decision if as we expect it goes against us.
He will ick out results in those games .The same cycle we've been going through since the new year. His defenders will be reenergized and some will be back to the 'needs more time' option. Then he will undo all that goodwill by dropping points to the next midtable team and they change their minds again. Makes one wonder if people are even paying attention to the long term

Fully Fledged

It's sad that he still has his job. We'll have to endure the rest of the season while we meander long the 5th-7th positions oscillating between rubbish and decent. It's going to be a blast. We'll best arsenal and there'll be positivity. Then we'll have another 2 shit results. Rinse and repeat.
We're 8 points behind 5th that looks as beyond reach as 4th does. It looks like the best we can hope for 6th if we keep Jose.

Andersons Dietician

The annoying thing is it makes total sense to wait till the end of the season. Get him out and not cost us anything and you’ll hopefully have a larger market to try and get a manager from. Not just some guy who is available but someone you actually want.

Zidane sitting in the wing again like when LVG was in charge is a big shiny name that most think and hope will be better than the current manager. If he goes now giving it to someone like Mkenna, Carrick, Butt or someone from within or a connection to the club makes more sense and waiting till the summer to apoint a manager. Unless the decision has been made and Zidane is taking over then why wait.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The annoying thing is it makes total sense to wait till the end of the season. Get him out and not cost us anything and you’ll hopefully have a larger market to try and get a manager from. Not just some guy who is available but someone you actually want.

Zidane sitting in the wing again like when LVG was in charge is a big shiny name that most think and hope will be better than the current manager. If he goes now giving it to someone like Mkenna, Carrick, Butt or someone from within or a connection to the club makes more sense and waiting till the summer to apoint a manager. Unless the decision has been made and Zidane is taking over then why wait.
This season is a write off. Just give to someone as an "interview" and if they can do well give them a proper season.

Status
Not open for further replies.