g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has been their been anything even rumoured since the Zidane thing?
Been no speculation whatsoever about his position since the comeback win v Newcastle. Yet a fair few in the press were adamant he was getting sacked that weekend whatever the result. Very odd.

fellaini's barber

To be fair, they’ll only be following orders from the Social Media manager. They can’t exactly tweet out “We know we’re shite at the moment but Jose will be gone soon, just hang in there Reds. Here is a photo of Phil Jones in his Xmas sweater.”
:lol::lol:Thanks this cheered me up

I said this a while ago, but with the way that goalposts are constantly shifted to defend Mourinho, it won’t be long before people say that Arsenal had a better squad before Emery took over. It’s only a matter of time before it happens.
Already been done mate,but with a twist. It's because Arsenal have a better board

Robbie Boy

Been no speculation whatsoever about his position since the comeback win v Newcastle. Yet a fair few in the press were adamant he was getting sacked that weekend whatever the result. Very odd.
It was one journo that broke the original story and nobody knows whether he would have gone had we not come back in that game. Since then yeah, there has been plenty of write ups on why he should go but nothing saying he is under threat of the sack. It’s all quite odd as the pressure on him should be at peak level. We are worse off now than back then and have some tough games coming up which I see being a mess.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am not even seeing rumours about his sacking. This is getting desperate.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It honestly feels like the club has given up, and has shut down. We’re in complete free fall.
I can't get my head round Ed allowing this to go on for another five months, I just can't.

LonelyFire

I am not even seeing rumours about his sacking. This is getting desperate.
Cause it’s not going to happen. It’s not a coincidence that Moyes and LVG were sacked at the time CL qualification became unachievable. Nothing to do with football and everything to do with money.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, finally changed my vote. This was meant to be the easy run of games that would make it all ok. I don't fully blame him, but looks like no one is playing for him anymore.

I can see him going if he loses against Arsenal.

MyDevil

We are not progressing. Stop saying he didn't get the CB signing he wanted. He has signed the whole defense bar a left back. And yet he is not playing them. And not playing Fred still. Stupid line-ups. What is he trying to prove? I hope we are not giving him all the budget comes Jan and the new manager has nothing to spend next season.

C'est Moi Cantona

I can't get my head round Ed allowing this to go on for another five months, I just can't.
Because it's not Ed's decision, the Glazers will just see £20 m+ to sack now (plus the bill for the new manager), or sub £10 million once top 4 is gone, it's as simple as digits on the balance sheet.

I'm sure Jose hates it just as much as we all do.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
The biggest shock is that it is Sunday and he is still here.

The draw to Southampton was not only down to the performance but the bizarre line-up which looked like self sabotage .Any coach who uses team selection to pass a message to the board needs to be relieved of his duties ASAP.

People are saying that Ed is waiting for top 4 to be mathematical impossible before Mou is sacked because of his contract clause.That still does not make any business sense.Brand name is an asset;the amount of damage Mourinho and his performance are doing to the Man United brand is far worse than any monetary compensation if he is sacked,the possibility of losing star players like DDG,the money and sponsorship deals we will lose if we dont make top 4 .

Initially he was toxic,now he is both toxic and depressing.

I will check the news tomorrow to see if he is still here.

Reactions: SteveJ

ash_86

This thread is dead rubber and has been quite a while. Jose doing the best to get himself sacked and Ed turning a blind eye.

the chameleon

How long before he gets fired?

We have reached 20,000 posts in this thread!

The LVG out reached 28,000 before he we fired him.

Moyes reached near 35,000.

Not far ladies and gentleman!

Let's keep posting and I'm sure Lord Woodward will hear our prayers!

mav_9me

My hope is they are waiting to finish the arsenal and Liverpool games to fire him cuz that way they let him take the rap for those defeats and spare the new manager those tough fixtures.

Wishful thinking more likely.

spwd

The annoying thing is it makes total sense to wait till the end of the season. Get him out and not cost us anything and you’ll hopefully have a larger market to try and get a manager.

Zidane sitting in the wing again like when LVG was in charge is a big shiny name that most think and hope will be better than the current manager. If he goes now giving it to someone like Mkenna, Carrick, Butt or someone from within or a connection to the club makes more sense and waiting till the summer to apoint a manager. Unless the decision has been made and Zidane is taking over then why wait.

It absolutely doesn’t make any sense whatsoever to wait, it’s just putting us back months when just getting rid should give everyone a boost. Whoever takes over for the time being can’t really do much worse and we can plan and move forward. £20m isn’t going to affect us and if he fecks off we might get into the cl recouping some of that back but we wonif he stays.

Seven Seas Sardines

It's quite telling when I enter the transfer forum for the first time since August and there are still threads from a month back on the first page in December. At least it's nice to know I'm not the only one losing interest in everything United except for this thread.

By the way, if the 'no' and 'more time' keep reducing with the same frequency we'll be on 100% in 43 days(if oppo fans also changed their vote). Very probable that he'd finally be sacked the very same day(away to Tottenham).

Last edited:

Canagel

It's quite telling when I enter the transfer forum for the first time since August and there are still threads from a month back on the first page. At least it's nice to know I'm not the only one losing interest in everything United except for this thread.
No-one can get up for new signings anymore. It's utterly a wwaste of time. The whole forum is in a state of limbo until the cretin in charge is given his marching orders

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mourinho knows he’s getting sacked. He wants out.

I have a feeling that he knows if he gets to the summer and doesn’t make top 4, he goes with a cut price amount.

IF he does an awful job now and for Ed Woodward’s Hand, he gets the full payout and can leave ASAP.

Seems the situation doesn’t it? sabotage.

AlwaysRed66

I have a feeling that he knows if he gets to the summer and doesn’t make top 4, he goes with a cut price amount.

IF he does an awful job now and for Ed Woodward’s Hand, he gets the full payout and can leave ASAP.

Doesn't make any sense though. Surely the worst he does the more it will affect his reputation in getting other jobs.

Andersons Dietician

It absolutely doesn’t make any sense whatsoever to wait, it’s just putting us back months when just getting rid should give everyone a boost. Whoever takes over for the time being can’t really do much worse and we can plan and move forward. £20m isn’t going to affect us and if he fecks off we might get into the cl recouping some of that back but we wonif he stays.
Did you read the rest of my post? Also 20 mil is 20 mil, that’s not some sort of throw away amount of money, especially not for a buisness.
If they know who they want to be the next manager and that person is available now then sure sack him and get that person in. However if the person they want isn’t available right now seems a bit silly to lose 20mil and take a punt on Carrick/Mckenna or Butt somehow dragging you back in to 4th. Even if they would improve the mood and tactics around the place again sort of a reset when we actually appoint the new man.

I personally would fire Jose out of a comical cannon to get him out, but in buisness sense they won’t want to waste 20mil without a proper solution.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doesn't make any sense though. Surely the worst he does the more it will affect his reputation in getting other jobs.
Of course he will. Managers jump from job to job all the time. He will clearly blag he didn’t get supported and he did a marvellous job to even get the top half with such a poor squad. He’s already laid the foundation for his excuses.

He’s a master minipulator. No coincidence that he was doing well and seemed happy UNTIL he signed his nee contract in dec/jan. almost like a switch he turned from good to bad.

nazanto

The manager's pool is pretty small enough. We've seen it all the time a manager that relegate a team will get another job after a few months and that's for managers that have a relatively small reputation. Jose's name is big enough for him to land another pretty big job no matter what happened to his last job.

Darius_MUFC1991

Barbados, formally Ripon and South London

This is it in a nutshell.

Everyone also forgets his comments to a journalist in the international break a few months back where he boasted that the club cant afford to sack him. Slags off the club, the players, the board and still I see fans standing up for this turd.

Theonas

Scout
The manager's pool is pretty small enough. We've seen it all the time a manager that relegate a team will get another job after a few months and that's for managers that have a relatively small reputation. Jose's name is big enough for him to land another pretty big job no matter what happened to his last job.
I am not sure about that. Bayern and Barcelona had their chance but ignored him. PSG have a brand to build, they were not happy with some of Ancelotti's football, I can't imagine them wanting a Mourinho association. He isn't going to Liverpool, City or Arsenal. You never know with Perez obviously but if they balked at hiring Conte, the backlash against Mourinho would be too big even for Perez. This leaves Spurs and maybe one of the sleeping Italian giants or a national team.

Aresma7

He needs to be fired, but won’t happen before we’re out of CL and mathematically out of top four. He’s ego is too big, and I think some of the players are fed up. As a Manager you are done when the players don’t believe in you.

Still think some of the lads are still behind him, but the problem is it’s dividing the group.They aren’t playing for each other. We need more players with Herreras mentality. A true warrior. His loyalty is always with the club and the fans.

WPMUFC

I don't understand the whole McKenna and Carrick thing, they sit next to him and seem to offer nothing. When was the last time Carrick stood on the touch line and shouted. We won the title and handed everything on a plate to Moyes a manager with years of experience and he still couldn't do it and now with all the mess you want someone with barely any coaching experience.
We simply need a warm body in the manager role to take over from Jose. McKenna is fine (with Carrick was the assistant) to see out the season. I really don't care if we finish 10th under McKenna or Carrick. We need to sack jose now, try our best to avoid Europa League, and get a new manager in the off season.

We aren't getting a proper manager this season, that is a fantasy.

Kapardin

The board probably was contemplating it. Then Gary Neville happened. Woodward is flaky enough to be swayed by popular opinion.

Purely my hypothesis though. Obviously we can never be sure what went on then.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The board probably was contemplating it. Then Gary Neville happened. Woodward is flaky enough to be swayed by popular opinion.

Purely my hypothesis though. Obviously we can never be sure what went on then.
Is Neville still on the cnut's side?

It's infuriating me that I'm partly hoping we lose games just so Mourinho gets sacked.

Muhammad Fauzi

Yeah, finally changed my vote. This was meant to be the easy run of games that would make it all ok. I don't fully blame him, but looks like no one is playing for him anymore.

I can see him going if he loses against Arsenal.
Been hearing that since the Newcastle game, but hope so this time.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’ve done everything I can to stay out of this thread and not become either a) a rabid ‘mourinho out’ or a b) defiant ‘mourinho stay’.

I’m afraid I have to join a side now. Something g has to change. I don’t see a way forward for Jose now, the current situation isn’t good for any party, the club, the owners, the players, the manager or us, the fans. The time has come for the manager to go. There is no magic wand solution that Jose can use now. End this mess right away and prepare for the next season.

Robbie Boy

I just know we're going to beat Arsenal. The rest of this season will be one of last-minute reprieves.
Certainly feels that way alright. Every time the pressure looks like it has reached it's absolute boiling point, he seems to find a last minute reprieve. Then it's just rinse-and-repeat again and again with no progress whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.