The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
if he's still here now he's probably here til the end of the season regardless of the results.

I hope the board are doing this because they have a replacement lined up but they're not available until next Summer.

I think they're probably doing it because they haven't a notion what to do if they do sack him and probably don't want to give him the payout for it before missing out on top 4.

Shambles.

Judas

Open to offers
I won't lie, I had the tiniest bit of hope he would be sacked this morning.
Really? Why? Honestly we'll know he's getting sacked as there will be leaks, it's been that way ever since Fergie went. At the moment it's complete silence on the issue, and I think it'll be that way for awhile.

Mike 777

Supports
Liverpool
Why should Utd's board give up on this season 14 matches in?

If I were them I would act now. I dont think it's too late at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

EireRed_GS

Wednesday night is bittersweet one for us now.. Against Arsenal i always want us to win.. But the truth is if we go out on Wednesday and somehow play a really good game and win, or even just entertain. It just means Jose's gonna keep his job even longer and come out talk some more sh*te after the game which completely cancels out any good we may have done in the game.

Its painful to look at it like that. But its the truth. We win - he stays longer and acts a mouth like he's some sort of genius. We lose - they MIGHT get rid of him

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Mourinho knows he’s getting sacked. He wants out.

I have a feeling that he knows if he gets to the summer and doesn’t make top 4, he goes with a cut price amount.

IF he does an awful job now and for Ed Woodward’s Hand, he gets the full payout and can leave ASAP.

Seems the situation doesn’t it? sabotage.
This is it in a nutshell.

Everyone also forgets his comments to a journalist in the international break a few months back where he boasted that the club cant afford to sack him. Slags off the club, the players, the board and still I see fans standing up for this turd.
Sounds like gross misconduct to me, he needs to do the job to best of his ability, not deliberately (apparently) sabotaging the club in order to engineer an early departure and a big payoff.

I have more respect for the merry-go-round managers, at least you know that they are trying, they just aren't good enough for any sustained period.

Mainoldo

I cant do it and its not ok from my pov, same thing happened in 2nd LvG season, different people said same thing, defending it with greater good line and here we are 2 years later people wishing the same on a manager who was the greater good back then.

Edit: 3pts maybe have no meaning but at least that cnut DT will feel like crap.
Yeah I’ve got to sit and watch it with Arsenal mates as bad as him. So that alone would be enough for me. Let’s hope we sneak a victory.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Wednesday night is bittersweet one for us now.. Against Arsenal i always want us to win.. But the truth is if we go out on Wednesday and somehow play a really good game and win, or even just entertain. It just means Jose's gonna keep his job even longer and come out talk some more sh*te after the game which completely cancels out any good we may have done in the game.

Its painful to look at it like that. But its the truth. We win - he stays longer and acts a mouth like he's some sort of genius. We lose - they MIGHT get rid of him
We have Fulham at the weekend, with Ranieri now in charge, could get ugly.

Skills

Snitch
if he's still here now he's probably here til the end of the season regardless of the results.

I hope the board are doing this because they have a replacement lined up but they're not available until next Summer.

I think they're probably doing it because they haven't a notion what to do if they do sack him and probably don't want to give him the payout for it before missing out on top 4.

Shambles.
This is such shambolic reasoning too. There's nothing wrong with hiring a caretaker till the end of the season in that case.

Chelsea would not have won their one and only CL title if they went with the same stupid logic.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
If the board doesn't give Mourinho full power over transfers they should just part ways, it's not working for both sides.

LeftyBlaster

Rather lose to Arsenal of it means he's gone the next day.
There, I said it. Would be lying if I said otherwise. We aren't going anywhere. What's a victory against those cnuts going to do for us?
It's a shitty thing to say and feel but much as I tell myself it's wrong, I can't stop feeling it.
Lesser of two evils and I'm with you. The fecks the point of turning up for one big game if we can't trash any other team we should be dominating>

laughtersassassin

This is such shambolic reasoning too. There's nothing wrong with hiring a caretaker till the end of the season in that case.

Chelsea would not have won their one and only CL title if they went with the same stupid logic.

See someone with sense. If we are waiting for summer for our new permanent manager that is perfectly fine. A caretaker manager for the rest of the season is better than letting Jose destroy the team further. Results might not improve but morale and entertainment will!

Djemba-Djemba

I'd love to be able to ask Woodward one on one "Why haven't you sacked Mourinho yet?"

There is no possible excuse anyone can give to defend why he's still here but it would be interesting to see how Woodward would try and explain himself.

This is worse than Moyes, in fact we'll have to go on a good run in the next 5 games to fecking match Moyes at this stage in his season.

Judas

Open to offers
Woodward probably hasn't sacked him because he's probably like a lot of people on here who want to believe the crap that was spouted years ago, the stuff about Man Utd "not being a sacking club" or "we give our managers time" the sort of crap which is really just putting this club further into the dirt.

But in reality it's all about the £££.

Robbie Boy

I won't lie, I had the tiniest bit of hope he would be sacked this morning.
Don't do it to yourself. Absolutely no way he'll just be sacked like that, it'll follow a media furore and be totally inevitable. Unfortunately, his job bizarrely seems to be safe.

Djemba-Djemba

Woodward probably hasn't sacked him because he's probably like a lot of people on here who want to believe the crap that was spouted years ago, the stuff about Man Utd "not being a sacking club" or "we give our managers time" the sort of crap which is really just putting this club further into the dirt.

But in reality it's all about the £££.
I think we've all learned in the last 6 years that it's easy to be sanctimonious and talk about how we give managers time and we aren't a sacking club when you have the greatest manager of all time in charge.

When you lose that security, you're just in the rat race like every other club.

I think we've not sacked mourinho yet because we've done no work at looking at any replacements and so we're scared to be decisive. Same reason Van Gaal clung on about 6 months longer than he should have done.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
What do staff here do with the trolls? Ban them, right? Well, we have a troll managing Manchester United. Since we probably can't ban him from Manchester, we can do the second best thing and ban him from coming anywhere near Old Trafford anymore.

Seriously, there is no reason to NOT fire him. He had everything he needed to make his time here a fairly successful one. Money to spend, a few seasons and full support from both board and supporters.

el3mel

It's simply a crazy war between Mourinho and Woodward. Both need to be out due to it.

Mourinho wants the sack and his pay out. He has given up on the club since summer and he's not losing anything so he's putting crap formations and alienating the players to force Ed to sack him and get his pay out.

Woodward doesn't want to pay the 20m pay off and thinks the season is done for anyway so will wait till end of season to terminate his contract after we miss on top 4.

We're a complete mess at the moment.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
It would be poetic if Ranieri was Mourinho’s last opponent at United, considering that Ranieri was sacked for him at Chelsea.
Would be even funnier if Ranieri gets him sacked then wears a JM shirt to his following press conference. The parallels, the narratives, the subplots!

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I just wished we made a new poll, probably a lot of posters who voted yes back then that hasn't been visiting the site or this thread in a while. Also a lot of opposition posters voting to keep Mourinho.
We need a second referendum. #peoplesvote

Dr Fink

Just leave now before we get humiliated at Anfield (a huge low point). It's over Jose - the end. Go. Pay him off, whatever it takes. We need a manager/coach who moves with the times. This has set us back a few years further already. :-(

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
If you're Woodward, you have two numbers, or probabilities to weigh up. What's the probability of us finishing top 4 with Jose in charge? What's the probability of finishing top 4 if Jose is sacked?

Scenario 1: Keep him, get top 4. No financial loss. Probability that we make top 4 under him is low imo.

Scenario 2: Keep him and miss out on top 4. Financial loss is the CL revenue next year (let's assume that is 60m). Probability of this is pretty high.

Scenario 3: Sack him, get top 4 under the new manager. Financial loss is 20m for early sacking. Probability is higher than scenario 1 but is it substantially higher?

Scenario 4: Sack him, miss out on top 4 anyway. Financial loss of 80m (CL revenue + early sacking). I'd guess the probability is higher than scenario 3.

If sacking him doesn't make a huge difference to the likelihood of getting top 4 (or winning the CL), then he won't do it. It would mean paying 20m to increase the likelihood of not missing out on 60m but only marginally.

My guess is that Ed absolutely hates Scenario 4, and maybe doesn't see our probability of making top 4 much higher under a new manager.

What's funny about all this is the longer we wait, the less likely for the sacking to make sense but maybe the more pressure increase to sack him.

Minimalist

I just don't know what we get from keeping him (bar financial stuff).

Top four is gone - stop believing otherwise.

Out of the LC. I doubt we'll be any better in the FA Cup.

We'll get put out by any decent side in the CL.

Might as well just get rid of the poison and let the club heal a bit until a new full-time manager takes over.

Stick Nicky Butt or Carrick in charge for the rest of the season - it's already a total write-off.

JoaquinJoaquin

Firstly, how on earth is anyone still defending him? His attitude is as rank as his tactics, which have been as bad as man management and that's been almost as bad as his transfer activity. 3rd season, currently sitting 7th...16 pts off the top.

The Christmas football period is something I look forward to every year, lots of games with teams generally being a bit more open due to the intense run of matches. A perfect time to restore some of the early season damage. It's a great time of year and we need some fresh impetus at this club right now. Even if a caretaker boss comes in with no reputation, I can't see anything getting worse because we are just not playing football at the moment & every single player is underperforming.
Totally agree, I was saying something similar in another thread. I'm dreading the Xmas period of games this year as I know we will still be playing this dour football.

JoaquinJoaquin

Shambles.
This is our board we are talking about it. They'll sack him in Summer and will have done no due diligence in the meantime about who can replace him :D.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If the board doesn't give Mourinho full power over transfers they should just part ways, it's not working for both sides.
He shouldn't even have power over the tea ladies' budget much less. You want our club to be bankrupt on account of this narcissist?

But agreed, he should be let go now.

devil in me

This is our board we are talking about it. They'll sack him in Summer and will have done no due diligence in the meantime about who can replace him :D.
This is so true its scary. Theyll get rid when top 4 is done mathematically and just appoint whoever is available at the time, then in 12 months time we will be back in the same place. There is no vision whatsoever , anywhere amongst the board. Shambolic.

Dr. StrangeHate

The funniest thing is Jose wants to get sacked more than anyone of us wants to see him sacked. Jose's words and lineup selections all make this clear but Ed just isn't granting his wish.

NoLogo

Only reason I can think of why he hasn't been sacked is the amount of money we would have pay him if we do it now. I reckon there is a clause in his contract that will lower the compensation fee we would have to pay off he misses out on a top 4 spot. So unfortunately I think we are stuck with for the rest of the season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Only reason I can think of why he hasn't been sacked is the amount of money we would have pay him if we do it now. I reckon there is a clause in his contract that will lower the compensation fee we would have to pay off he misses out on a top 4 spot. So unfortunately I think we are stuck with for the rest of the season.
But we're losing far more than his compensation fee if we keep him. Morale is at an all time low with the players and I suspect the staff as well. More importantly (for the Glazers/Ed) he's doing untold damage to our reputation. Surely the sponsors are not liking this? Who wants their product associated with negativity all the time, which is exactly what we get once Jose's face appears before he even opens his toxic mouth.

Jezpeza

He needs to go. Woodward needs to be moved to a job solely focused on finding match day toilet roll sponsors. We need a DoF. A progressive manager, a new scouting team.

Valencia, Darmian, Bailey, Rojo, Jones, Young, Fellaini, Matic, Mata, Sanchez all need to be shown the door and the glazers need to stick their hands in their pockets and sign some class players.

Anything less and we can look forward to many many years of what we are currently seeing.

Needham

I think he's tendered his resignation multiple times but the club are forcing him to stay.

LoveFootball

I'm happy Jose is proving me right; I've always maintained that Jose was the biggest fraud in the entire history of football and one day he'd be found out, it's now happening and the more it's going on, the more his legacy is tarnished. Just sad it's happening at my club.

EireRed_GS

It would be poetic if Ranieri was Mourinho’s last opponent at United, considering that Ranieri was sacked for him at Chelsea.
If i remember correctly it was Ranieri's Leicester side got Jose sacked his second time at Chelsea a few years back aswell.. I remember thinking at the time it was ironic because Chelsea had sacked Ranieri to bring in Jose all them years ago. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.