The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Totally agree with you. People need to look up the definition of supporting.

It’s all about who are educating these kids. If they’re taught to support whoever are at the top of their game, we’ll have a very poor set of fans/supporters being raised. Future looks bleak.

i’m in a different time zone. And why wouldn’t we get up to watch our team that we support?

Plastic-fan and glory-hunter this one.
:)

If only I was so insecure that I needed validation from random strangers on the internet.

Judas

Open to offers
I strongly disagree he has a brilliant football mind.

He is Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce who has had opportunities at massive clubs.

IMO he is the luckiest manager ever.

It's not rocket science to put every man behind the ball, other than a big striker. Hoof it up to him and play on the break.
In fact I would go as far to say, that SAM ALLARDYCE is probably has a better football mind.

Big Sam has performed miracles on a budget, brought in big players who's careers were finished and brought them back from the dead.

Big Sam is also not as negative as Moanrinho, I remember when Bolton were a great fluid attacking team under Allardyce. As bid Sam said recently on talk sport radio. He had developed a reputation of negative football because he usually takes over a side, on the brink of relegation, so he has to try and keep clean sheets.
Where as Mourinho has been blessed with Galacticos through his career, after Porto and has never built a team.

I could coach Maureen's tactics, as could most of us.
Someones I wonder if turning off registration to the caf might be a good idea at times like this.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
There is so many things wrong with this post.

1. Did you start watching United 2 years ago? The football served up under LVG especially in his final season was worse than us this season and that is saying something. Surely you must have stopped watching United play under LVG?

2. If you are a real fan of a football club then you should never stop watching unless the club is being ran by corruption and human rights issues etc.

3. Following point 2 above, no one and I mean no one is a fan of Manchester United if they would try and avoid a game vs Liverpool. This is the biggest game in England as a neutral, and an even bigger game for us fans.

4. Yes the football is very bad this season, but the club have been in much, much worse positions in the past, and stopping watching the club because they are 6th and playing badly is very entitled. How do you think fans of every other club in the country bar the top 6 feel? They have always been average clubs, for the majority of the years, yet most will still watch their club no matter what.

This kind of attitude in the post I am responding to is terrible. Loads of people on here have this attitude and it just comes across as a bit of a half arsed fan.
Thanks for the detailed reply on a simple post . The fact that Lvg served up dross shouldn't be an excuse for us to get the same form Jose. I said this yesterday in another thread but I will say it again, United are now Liverpool on & off the pitch. On the pitch we are mediocre with no cohesion and off the pitch our fans are now trying to win top red points by putting down other fans about their support. Next step will probably be people asking for bans for the fans who complain in this forum

Roboc7

And some manage to articulate that without insulting those who have a different opinion and calling them Trump voters or trolling bots.

I've calmly and respectfully explained my points without the need to call others idiots.

I been on dozens of boards where people were way more hostile so that part doesn't really bother me.

However, I do want people to explain more about what we are likely to see once Jose is gone.

So far few have even tried to answer this... instead focusing their comments on the inherent stupidity of those who don't think like they do. They believe all will become clear as soon as he's gone. And perhaps it might... but I'd like more specifics as opposed to blind faith in a vague plan.
There a two scenarios when he goes, we will appoint the highest profile, out of contract replacement and hope they fix everything. Or some thought will be put into it and there will be some kind of plan and structure put into place with a new manager. No guarantee either works but Mourinho has become so toxic and is the worst performing manager in the league this season so I would take either.

No one can predict what will happen of course. But what is likely to improve if Mourinho stays?. I’d the defence is as bad as he says the hasnt he found ways to protect it or mitigate for this?. That’s his job not to quit on the season and absolve himself of blame.

I understood why we appointed him, given his availability it was a risk club maybe had to take. But I now cannot understand why anyone who has any involvement or association with United wants anything to do with him now. His behaviour and performance this season is an embarrassment.

manichester

I hoped Jose would change and embrace the history and ethos of the club. Instead we have a disjointed team that can hardly string 2 passes together in the opposition half.

There is little in the way of urgency and work rate unless we go behind, the players mentality is always to go backwards.

Opponents are in our faces and not afraid to attack us either home or away often in our home games we look like the away team.

I am sure any coach could come in and play half decent football improve the passing and mentality of the players and above all get them working harder on the pitch.

BlueHaze

I swear this thread has a life cycle of its own. One week its posters arguing with each other. The next week you see some fantastic posts by people you could think were professional writers. The week after the dungaree folk come out in full force and accuse people of being plastic fans and glory hunters. Jesus wept this thread is pure comedy, bless the caf.

Fracture90

I swear this thread has a life cycle of its own. One week its posters arguing with each other. The next week you see some fantastic posts by people you could think were professional writers. The week after the dungaree folk come out in full force and accuse people of being plastic fans and glory hunters. Jesus wept this thread is pure comedy, bless the caf.
That's what online footy forum's are for, right buddy?

Litch

Welcome to world of forums. Remove the prefix Man Utd and replace with any other team or subject and it's exactly the same. My wife's on a cake baking forum and I swear there are some on here, on there too. Bloody plastic bakers, wouldn't know chocolate sponge cake if it fell from the sky and hit them on the head.....

since 1977

How about a Christmas song to cheer us all up?

To the tune of winter wonderland ..... altogether now.

Why do you live, in the Lowry
Why is our foot-ball so lousy
I hope next May
It’s your last payday
We probably couldn’t beat Keano’s Sun-der-land.

red thru&thru

Apologise, been a while since I’ve visited this thread. I only came into the thread to understand how this topic is still relevant? Surely by now this thread should have been long gone as it would be unanimous in the fact that Jose has to go. Are people still suggesting he should stay?

And I’ve read people calling others plastic because they’re moaning. To a degree, the first two years of Jose’s reign I could understand the comment. However, into his third year, this no longer applies. We have the right to moan. My personal anger is at the board. They employ Jose and they have the power to get rid of him. The board are clearly confused. Supporting a club isn’t just turning up to each game and cheering the boys on. That would be the case if the fans voice was heard at the board level. As it’s not, only way fans have a chance to show their anger is by booing or not turning up.

Support means being realistic. Support is making sure the correct decisions are made for the long term betterment of the club. Neither the board or Jose have shown that things are moving in the right direction, so as fans, we have the right to vent.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Would you get rid of Mourinho based on results alone? If he was struggling this season after a 2nd place finish, would you give him time to get it right if he didn't alienate his players and played more exciting football?

Oldyella

Would you get rid of Mourinho based on results alone? If he was struggling this season after a 2nd place finish, would you give him time to get it right if he didn't alienate his players and played more exciting football?
Probably borderline for me anyway just on results although I would be tempted to give him a little more time to turn it around.

It's the style of football and negative atmosphere he's generated that are the tipping point coupled with performances deteriorating this season.

Vadim

Who do you want at Utd? Be realistic now.
You sound like Mourinho is our only option which is absurd.

Here’s a list:

Pochettino
Howe
Jardim
Tuchel

Will all have us playing better football. Forget the trophies on CVs, Jose won it all and we’re worse than ever. We need a different approach.

I think you’re a WUM though so not sure why I am responding to you.

Rajma

Apologise, been a while since I’ve visited this thread. I only came into the thread to understand how this topic is still relevant? Surely by now this thread should have been long gone as it would be unanimous in the fact that Jose has to go. Are people still suggesting he should stay?

And I’ve read people calling others plastic because they’re moaning. To a degree, the first two years of Jose’s reign I could understand the comment. However, into his third year, this no longer applies. We have the right to moan. My personal anger is at the board. They employ Jose and they have the power to get rid of him. The board are clearly confused. Supporting a club isn’t just turning up to each game and cheering the boys on. That would be the case if the fans voice was heard at the board level. As it’s not, only way fans have a chance to show their anger is by booing or not turning up.

Support means being realistic. Support is making sure the correct decisions are made for the long term betterment of the club. Neither the board or Jose have shown that things are moving in the right direction, so as fans, we have the right to vent.
Some just like to argue for the sake of it and think this is all still a matter of opinion when in fact it has long not been the case. It’s a simple black and white type of situation at this stage as far as manager is concerned.

Kapardin

Fact is, you will never get good results playing this style. People talk as though style and results are not connected, but they are. tumescent football will lead you down a cliff in the long run, it will never be sustainable.

The football we play is not even cohesive like the styles of Simeone or Conte, which are boring but have a direction and purpose. Our "style", if it can be called that, is just an aimless mess.

Here’s a list:

Pochettino
Howe
Jardim
Tuchel

Will all have us playing better football. Forget the trophies on CVs, Jose won it all and we’re worse than ever. We need a different approach.

Perfect list!

Young, good brand of football and develops the youth.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If I thought he was trying to implement an attractive style, a way of playing, yeah, I would be less antagonistic. I wanted LVG to see out his contract, so yeah.

WensleyMU

People like @WensleyMU and @VP89 talk like Pogba has been poor his whole career, and it’s only him letting the side down.

The fact is the whole team looks lost and unmotivated. Whether it’s all down to Mourinho or not it’s impossible to say until we make a change. I’m not sure why the board are letting this extend, maybe a lack of options. I fear though the longer it does go on the damage could send us even deeper than after Moyes.
Literally state at the end of my post that his his clear attitude problems don't take anything away from his obvious talent.

The whole team doesn't look unmotivated either. Evidenced by the likes of Rashford still busting a gut every time. Though it's ok, you quickly learn on this forum that questioning Pogbas mentality and attitude isnti allowed but shitting on the players who regardless of form always give their all, like Rashford is par for the course.

Not really sure why so many, especially the who's lives have been impacted by Mourinho so much that they have become obsessed, are so against Pogba being criticised...

buchansleftleg

If we were in this position with Jose having decided to go with young players in a new attacking style then I would not have a problem.

If we had won games and narrowly lost them because we were too naive then that would be ok too.

If you could see the core of a new team forming, finding their way he would have my support.

We see none of those things and instead of trying to improve we get excuses, blame and vitriol about the club.

Every day he remains in post he besmirches the honour of the club.

Giggsyking

If we won't win today, I wish we lose with humiliation, so that put pressure on the fecking board to sack the cnut specially nothing will make the club more jealous than seeing Looserpool destroying us. Otherwise if we are going to lose 1-0 or 2-1 this wont change anything and would be considered normal losing to the title contenders.

Lentwood

What I would say is that pro or anti-Jose, I expect those players to go to Anfield today and play with passion, energy, commitment and heart. It's United versus Liverpool - it shouldn't matter who is sat in the dugout, there are no excuses for not putting 100% into the game

If I come on here after we've inevitably been tanked whilst our players wander around looking like scared lambs whilst certain individuals throw their arms in the air a lot I'm not going to buy it if people blame that on tactics/the manager

sam147

He needs to go purely because of the excuses and negativity. He shows us in glimpses how we can play like against Chelsea last season and Arsenal this season. Yet as soon as Lukaku is back he goes straight into the team. His decision making has been a shambles. How he slots Jones back into the team over Bailly, he is not an idiot he knows what he is doing. Destroying our season to prove a point. However, if Lukaku and Rashford finished their chances we would be 3rd at least. And a lot of how we concede is down to individual error. We know the real problem is the leeches at the top but the team selection and tactics is Jose's own fault. Picking dross like Jones, Valencia, McTomato over his own signings. He is a man without a vision. And lets not act like a new manager would transform our team. We have dross like Jones, Rojo, Smalling, valencia, McTominay and Lukaku is never a man united level striker. Players like Lingard were loaned out to championship teams a few years ago, and with good reason. He is not a starter. Martial relies solely on his quality and his biggest flaws have not been addressed, this is down to poor coaching. Jose needs to go and our team needs to be built around our only world class outfield player, Pogba.

red thru&thru

Here’s a list:

Pochettino
Howe
Jardim
Tuchel

Add Marco Rose to that list!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Here’s a list:

Pochettino
Howe
Jardim
Tuchel

Jardim has a blot on his CV after Monaco (although you can argue it wasn't down to just him, hard to say), but if I'm not mistaken correctly he was known for more defensive football with Sporting. The next appointment should really be the right one if you're Ed Woodward and this is still risky.

Pochettino and Tuchel aren't really attainable right now, so they aren't realistic.

Howe may be a good shout. But it just won't happen at United.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I'd be happy if you got a manager who develops youth and create an exciting team that way (not Pochettino :nono: ). I honestly find this united side very hard to like, and if it wasn't for the fact that Spurs are chasing Liverpool (yes I still believe) then I would actually cheer for them, something I never would do with before Klopp came.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Julian Nagelsmann as a possible as well, might be a bit early for him.
He's committed to a club he's not even due to start with until next season. Early is an under statement.

68Guns

Pochettino is on his way fellas, Jose out and the Pochman in, you heard it here first, a done deal X

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
If I come on here after we've inevitably been tanked whilst our players wander around looking like scared lambs whilst certain individuals throw their arms in the air a lot I'm not going to buy it if people blame that on tactics/the manager
But it's Mourinho who acts - in his approach to games such as this - like a scared lamb, and it's Mourinho who throws his arms in the air...

red thru&thru

I'd be happy if you got a manager who develops youth and create an exciting team that way (not Pochettino :nono: ). I honestly find this united side very hard to like, and if it wasn't for the fact that Spurs are chasing Liverpool (yes I still believe) then I would actually cheer for them, something I never would do with before Klopp came.
Marco Rose has won the European youth league with Salzburg in 2016, beating the like of City and PSG along the way. Then got promoted to first team and has been going from strength to strength by winning his domestic double, getting to the Europa League semifinals last year and winning all their games in this year’s competition. His first team consists of players he’s developed with a sprinkling of players from the youth team.

Poch would be good too! :D

Cloud7

Welcome to world of forums. Remove the prefix Man Utd and replace with any other team or subject and it's exactly the same. My wife's on a cake baking forum and I swear there are some on here, on there too. Bloody plastic bakers, wouldn't know chocolate sponge cake if it fell from the sky and hit them on the head.....
:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.