The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaucoup

You sound like Mourinho is our only option which is absurd.

Here’s a list:

Pochettino
Howe
Jardim
Tuchel

Will all have us playing better football. Forget the trophies on CVs, Jose won it all and we’re worse than ever. We need a different approach.

I think you’re a WUM though so not sure why I am responding to you.
I can assure you I"m no Wum, but claiming Howe is a better choice for turning this club around than Mourhino! I'm beginning to think you are.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can assure you I"m no Wum, but claiming Howe is a better choice for turning this club around than Mourhino! I'm beginning to think you are.
While howe probably isn’t the right choice right this second, honestly how can you have any faith in Mourinho to turn this around?.

What he did in the past means nothing with us, he’s had 2 similar situations at Chelsea and Madrid and failed to rescue that.

All I see is us getting deeper and deeper into our problems.

We need a manager that can remain positive even in the bad moments, not sulk and blame the squad and throw people under the bus.

SteveW

Howe wouldn't be my choice but there is absolutely zero chance Jose is turning anything around. He's been in exit strategy for 6 months. I don't see anything about him that suggests he wants to build anything here. He's just trying to protect his reputation by turning the blame to the board and the players. He's done this everywhere he's failed. He's found someone to blame it all on. It was Cassilas at Real, Hazard at Chelsea.

The sad thing is it's actually working with some people. Some people actually think Pogba is the problem.

This guy:

It's mental. If feel sorry for those who are taken in by Mourinho's nonsense. Being that gullible must make life very difficult.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It's somewhat amazing that you couldn't be 100% convinced Liverpool beating United 4 or 5 nil today would be enough for United to sack Mourinho.

buchansleftleg

If Jose is having trouble building his house, maybe we should just be managed by Bob the Builder.
Jose is like that type if builder that arrives to look at a job...draws deeply on his rollup and says "what cowboy did you get in to build this"
He then demands loads of money upfront, sends round an untrained youth for a few days (McTominay) and only finally shows up to work when you hold out some more cash.

He leaves behind a load of mess and in the end you just pay him to get him out of your house for good!

Oldyella

Can't say I am on board for Howe either but I don't think anyone, especially Jose is turning this season round now. Damage had been done.

Would like to see a younger coach for next season though, someone on the up. Howe has a mark against his name, complained of homesickness I believe his last job before Bournemouth? Pressure at Utd would be too much imo.

Cloud7

It's somewhat amazing that you couldn't be 100% convinced Liverpool beating United 4 or 5 nil today would be enough for United to sack Mourinho.
You would expect a beating at the hands of your biggest rivals to be the last nail on the coffin of an underperforming manager, as it was for Lopetegui against Barca. It’s the only sensible response really. Unfortunately we aren’t that lucky, or as you said, it is amazing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Jose is like that type if builder that arrives to look at a job...draws deeply on his rollup and says "what cowboy did you get in to build this"
He then demands loads of money upfront, sends round an untrained youth for a few days (McTominay) and only finally shows up to work when you hold out some more cash.

He leaves behind a load of mess and in the end you just pay him to get him out of your house for good!
Then you have to call in DIY SOS.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Howe wouldn't be my choice but there is absolutely zero chance Jose is turning anything around. He's been in exit strategy for 6 months. I don't see anything about him that suggests he wants to build anything here. He's just trying to protect his reputation by turning the blame to the board and the players. He's done this everywhere he's failed. He's found someone to blame it all on. It was Cassilas at Real, Hazard at Chelsea.

The sad thing is it's actually working with some people. Some people actually think Pogba is the problem.

This guy:

It's mental. If feel sorry for those who are taken in by Mourinho's nonsense. Being that gullible must make life very difficult.
Never seen that, that’s fecking class. Everyone that thinks Pogba is just about the haircuts and handshakes should watch that

Chairman Steve

We got smashed 3-0 twice at OT by Liverpool and City within the space of about a week in the Moyes season, and they didn’t sack him.

So unless they’ve learnt off of that and as painful as it is to say, what’s going to make this game today any different if we get beaten 3-0 again?

Lentwood

But it's Mourinho who acts - in his approach to games such as this - like a scared lamb, and it's Mourinho who throws his arms in the air...
I take it you've played in an organised game of football? When you get onto the pitch, pride should take over. You should forget about who's sat in the dugout and any nonsense that's gone along with it. You should focus on the game and giving it everything.

I guarantee there will be 2 or 3 players at least today who 'bottle it' or who just don't care enough. Yet they'll get away with it again because it will be 'Jose this' and 'Jose that'....until the next guy when we start all over again

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
For me, it isn't about results, performances or league positions; it's about Mourinho. Just like Moyes & LVG, he's killing my enthusiasm. Unlike those two though, his overwhelming and blatant self-interest makes me highly irritated just watching his show-off sideline antics. This man has no club in his heart, it seems to me, and displays little genuine passion for football except as a means to glorify himself.

Greck

I take it you've played in an organised game of football? When you get onto the pitch, pride should take over. You should forget about who's sat in the dugout and any nonsense that's gone along with it. You should focus on the game and giving it everything.

I guarantee there will be 2 or 3 players at least today who 'bottle it' or who just don't care enough. Yet they'll get away with it again because it will be 'Jose this' and 'Jose that'....until the next guy when we start all over again
Bottle it like how? If you mean missing one of only 3 shots on target we struggle to create then you better damn well believe the manager should cup blame for the bigger problem (that is failure to create more and a lack of meaningful possession)

WensleyMU

Bottle it like how? If you mean missing one of only 3 shots on target we struggle to create then you better damn well believe the manager should cup blame for the bigger problem (that is failure to create more and a lack of meaningful possession)
So let's say we create 10 chances in the game, 3 of which are on target, all are missed. 2 of the off target chances should have at least tested the keeper, 1 of the 3 on target should have been a goal.

Who takes the blame in this scenario?

Vadim

For me, it isn't about results, performances or league positions; it's about Mourinho. Just like Moyes & LVG, he's killing my enthusiasm. Unlike those two though, his overwhelming and blatant self-interest makes me highly irritated just watching his show-off sideline antics. This man has no club in his heart, it seems to me, and displays little genuine passion for football except as a means to glorify himself.
I feel exactly the same way.

My dad was chatting with me last week and asked me how I can put up with that guy as manager of our club. I told him that I can’t stand it and a lot of Utd fans are simply waiting until he fecks off.

There aren’t many in the game that like him. Klopp is goofy and annoying but his players sweat blood for him. Pochettino hasn’t won trophies either but Spurs fans look forward to their matches and he’s a likeable guy in interviews.

Jose is a parody of himself now. Some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is obscene and it’s because he’s bored. He still thinks he’s the biggest manager in the game and that nothing is his fault. He’s poisonous and simply doesn’t suit Utd.

He was the right fit at Chelsea. That club is a bit scummy and no one respects them. But Utd is a traditional, working class club which a deep and rich history which Jose is destroying.

Fracture90

So let's say we create 10 chances in the game, 3 of which are on target, all are missed. 2 of the off target chances should have at least tested the keeper, 1 of the 3 on target should have been a goal.

Who takes the blame in this scenario?
Let's keep it inside the boundaries of reason, shall we ?

red thru&thru

We got smashed 3-0 twice at OT by Liverpool and City within the space of about a week in the Moyes season, and they didn’t sack him.

So unless they’ve learnt off of that and as painful as it is to say, what’s going to make this game today any different if we get beaten 3-0 again?
I suppose it was in a different time of their management. It was Moyes' first season, whereas Jose is in his third. Jose has his own team now. He should be judged by the results he gets and be held accountable for them.

Having said all that, you're correct, Jose still won't get the sack if we lose by 3 nil. But I just have this sneaky feeling we will get a positive result.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If it gets the manager sacked immediately then I think it would be worth it.
I'm sorry but not for this match. In fact the way to show their unhappiness would be for the players to play like lions today and give Liverpool a hell of a match. They should know what this fixture means to the fans and it would show they are not as shit as the manager has said. It's also important in terms of doing what they can to feck over their title bid and keep them on 18 titles.

They can then be shit in the next few games.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Never seen that, that’s fecking class. Everyone that thinks Pogba is just about the haircuts and handshakes should watch that
Mourinho is the type of character to play Pogba in a system just to see him fail.

Posh Red

Right. It’s not like the manager has a history of players not giving their all under him. You don’t think their is a slight possibility that a manager has an influence on his team so you? Sounds mental I know.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I find it really funny that someone would support Mourinho turning things over if he suddenly decides to play attacking football and promotes lot of youth.

I mean, I would support it of course, just as I would support world peace. But not going to happen.

Fracture90

Simply trying to work out at which point the players become responsible.
The sheer fact you gotta go that far beyond reason (us creating 10 chances against Liverpoo) in your hypothetical scenario tells you all you need to know really .

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Simply trying to work out at which point the players become responsible.
Your scenario is useless though. There is no context, no reality to it. Objectively we can't do anything with what you wrote.

Skills

Snitch
The club has no dignity. I bet the supporters would still clap him off - and this time it would include the Liverpool fans too :lol:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If we do win today this thread should be locked for 24 hours.

Just to avoid stupid arguments. Winning today changes nothing, but it should be enough for 24 hours without furthering this debate.

WensleyMU

The sheer fact you gotta go that far beyond reason (us creating 10 chances against Liverpoo) in your hypothetical scenario tells you all you need to know really .
Apply to any game, in any era, under any manager and at any club.

At which point are the players responsible?

Also, last season, we player Liverpool 2 times created about 7 chances and scored 3 goals, including the goal they scored.

Would appear we don't need a whole lot of chances against them.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Moyes lost 3-0 to both City and Liverpool at home in the space of 10 days and wasn't sacked. Mourinho is going nowhere. It's a shame but it's the way it is with this board.

Fracture90

Apply to any game, in any era, under any manager and at any club.

At which point are the players responsible?

Also, last season, we player Liverpool 2 times created about 7 chances and scored 3 goals, including the goal they scored.

Would appear we don't need a whole lot of chances against them.
Now you're shifting the goalpost fishing for confirmation.

You understand that what you're doing is just trying to position Mourinho in a situation where he can't take any blame.

Judging by your logic then the manager can just tell his players "don't concede" and nothing else, and it will never be his fault.

EwanI Ted

Moyes lost 3-0 to both City and Liverpool at home in the space of 10 days and wasn't sacked. Mourinho is going nowhere. It's a shame but it's the way it is with this board.
That was near the end of the season and the rousing 3-0 home win against Olympiakos happened in the middle of those games, which saved his bacon. He was gone four weeks later in any case.

WensleyMU

Now you're shifting the goalpost fishing for confirmation.

You understand that what you're doing is just trying to position Mourinho in a situation where he can't take any blame.

Judging by your logic then the manager can just tell his players "don't concede" and nothing else, and it will never be his fault.
Stop trying to avoid it. It's a simple enough question, at what point do the players become responsible.

No goal posts have been shifted, I've simply made the question applicable to any situation you want to apply. The rest is up to you. If your answer is that they are never responsible, which I assume is the case, then just spit it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.