The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If we can sack LvG immediately after winning a major trophy then we can sack Mourinho for a poor start.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I never thought i would say this but he needs to go before it's too late.

The season is still salvageable at this point.

Give it t'Zizou t'end of season
Not if people are going to call him that, what the hell is the zou all about anyway ?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I voted not yet, he needs more time to try and turn it around. However I am slowly starting to believe he is not the right man for the job anymore.

I don’t want to be too hasty and let my disappointment of the last 2 games cloud my judgement just yet.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We look like a joke losing 3-0 at home to fecking Spurs.

What’s the point in waiting until December and the season is gone?
You don’t sack managers that quickly after a bad run of matches. We are 3 games in, there’s an awful long way to go yet. Give him couple of months to turn it around, if we’re seriously adrift of CL places in Nov/Dec then cut the cord.

Again you ducked my question, who is this messiah who can turn this around if we were to get rid now?

Noc-Z

ffs
It's not completely Jose's fault but I've saw 2 main themes in here....1. that he has not been backed and 2. that the team needs a clear out...

.................Grant.................
Dalot...Bailly...Lindelof...LB
................Matic...................
..........Fred.......Pogba.........
Mkhitaryan.............Sanchez
................Lukaku................

OK I've thrown Grant in for the hell of it but still minus a LB there is a team completely signed by Jose. It's very hard to defend him when you look at this and consider the brand of football he plays. And the depressing attitude.

In his defence he wanted Perisic, Sandro and a few others he didn't get. But he's not the first manager to miss out on targets...figure it out!!!

Jacob

If we lose two more within the next five, I think he's outie.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

Not if people are going to call him that, what the hell is the zou all about anyway ?
Zizou has been Zidane’s nickname for his whole career.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If we can sack LvG immediately after winning a major trophy then we can sack Mourinho for a poor start.
We can only hope.

I don't see any point in waiting till we are in a relegation fight before sacking him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I’m afraid it’s not just this season.
Aye, very true. We didn't exactly start well from 07-09 but our quality was clear and fans remained confident we could rebound and win the title. Currently there's none of that. A lot of people were largely calling this before the season, much as I had my own rare bout of optimism that's mostly been extinguished since.

JonDahl

400 million spent and its still the chief execs fault. What world do you people live in? Mourinho is finished
We do need better players - unfortunately when the list of players given by the manager previously haven’t set the world alight, it’s extremely reasonable that they are cautious with wanting to get more of his players in on big money.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He got the full season though. It couldn't get worse than Moyes and he was given more than enough time. Jose will be given time I reckon

CallyRed

It's his nickname, do nicknames always need to make sense?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Leicester
Brighton
Spurs

We’re 3 games into the season.
Yes, 3 games after a horrendous pre-season, and before that a pretty awful 5 months in 2018 of last season. That after finishing 6th place in his first season, and the whole time having an awful play style.

Tyinde

He has to leave now, no matter how good he is. Doesnt work is doesnt work, no need to bother to try anymore. Its good for all of us/them.

Fooza

I'd sack him, get an interim manager and just let the players play with freedom. I don't expect top 4 with Mourinho in so I'd rather take that risk.

SteveW

We do need better players - unfortunately when the list of players given by the manager previously haven’t set the world alight, it’s extremely reasonable that they are cautious with wanting to get more of his players in on big money.
He signed Lindelof. That's enough to make anyone think twice about giving him money

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't even blame Woodward for losing faith in Jose's transfer choice, I feel the same way.

What does make me furious? Woodward should have fired him the same day that he he realised that he doesn't trust his manager
All of this.
Don't think him getting more defenders would have solved anything. We can't defend and we can't bloody score.

However, Woodward should have sacked him when he had the doubts. This continue as we are with all this friction is not helping anything.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Just a question to those who want Jose out -- how much of today's game was his fault? The first 40 minutes seemed to be so good. Wasn't it more down to individual errors that we lost the game?

I think Jose should go if he feels he can't coach these players anymore, but can a new manager get more out of a defense with Bailly/Lindelof/Jones?
It's been done to death but he bought those two and Jones shouldn't be here anymore.

VelvetUnderground67

This can't go on. This is his team and it's directionless. We can't let him waste any more money. I don't trust him or his judgement. He's yesterday's man.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Ugh 3 games into the season. He will not be sacked tomorrow ffs.

Only way it changes is if he walks...and I think he might.

I'm not excusing the last two games, but don't give your manager a contract if you aren't going to bring the players he wants. We can't carry on this myth of being the biggest club in the world whilst our neighbours resolve a very similar problem to our current one between summer 17 and Jan 18 and about £250m spent.

It's horrible, but it's 3 games ffs.

Tiber

Look how quickly Jose's last season at Chelsea spiraled out of control. If the club or Jose dont do something very soon we could end up finishing something like 8th. Wonder how potential noodle sponsors would react to that?

Didnt Chelsea once bring in Hiddink mid season?

Sylar

Imagine we sack him and have to give him a big compensation pack
Money that probably gets us Toby lol

Cpt Negative

Didn't know he was appointed this season.

How can people talk about kneejerk when there were problems for months already? This is just the tip of the iceberg
feck me. It’s like a bunch of kids on football manager on here.

By your thinking, Poch and Klopp should be out too yeah? (They did finish lower than us and also won no trophies )No, of course not.

devil in me

Burnley and Watford away next 2 games. They're the type of games we've struggled in since Jose has been here. They aren't gonna be pretty and his position will be very weak if those games go as most of us expect.

Although getting rid of him and not changing things from above will be utterly pointless.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Matic wasn't even close to ready but we only have only five other midfielders to play and no one of them is a proper replacement for Carrick.

He can't even recreate his own Chelsea. It's a dead end with Woodward on top of that throwing obstacles in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.