The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Treble 99

Least it wasn’t a bore lol.
We need a minimum of 5 players to to strengthen this average squad. No quality up front in middle or at the back bar a few. Thought Shaw Lingard & Sanchez played very well shame the rest of them couldn’t. TBH i Cannot see any other manager fixing this mess quickly.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Good to see fans singing his name until the end and staying to applaud him.

Shows the difference between the average match goer and the average online fan.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't see any way this doesn't end up with him gone before Christmas but I just wonder who the feck our next manager would/could be.

I don't like seeing managers sacked but it's more convenient for the leeches in charge to just get rid of him and get someone else in so it only ends one way.

Do the people who want him to stay not see the parallels to every other club he's been a part of. You've been laughing off the 'third year curse' and on the surface of it, it is laughable but the evidence is there in the history books. This is all going to same way as it always does, whether it's Jose's fault or it's the Glazers or the players or whoever. Inevitability.

Skills

Snitch
Ugh 3 games into the season. He will not be sacked tomorrow ffs.

Only way it changes is if he walks...and I think he might.

I'm not excusing the last two games, but don't give your manager a contract if you aren't going to bring the players he wants. We can't carry on this myth of being the biggest club in the world whilst our neighbours resolve a very similar problem to our current one between summer 17 and Jan 18 and about £250m spent.

It's horrible, but it's 3 games ffs.
:lol: Then you know feck all about Jose Mourinho

Pennywise

Give it to Zidane. We're definitely similar to the Madrid team he inherited

Mister_Stubbs

feck me. It’s like a bunch of kids on football manager on here.

By your thinking, Poch and Klopp should be out too yeah? (They did finish lower than us and also won no trophies )No, of course not.
Poch and Klopp have a clear plan and you can see that in the way they play. Yes we did finish above them last season but anyone with half a footballing brain would wonder how! We haven’t got a clear plan in how we move forward, we are going backwards whilst them two have overtaken us. Anyone who doesn’t think that she the case is a kid who doesn’t want to believe it.

Diabhal

Spurs looked great, Pochettino has a good team, they are quick, creative, good passing and good understanding of the roles. This is years of good coaching, consistency and working together. Nothing to do with the previous transfer market. In comparison we look poor in all aspects of our team, Mourinho famously creates a team that is consistent, difficult to score against and are physical strong, quick counter attack.

I'm not sure why some of our players, Smalling/Jones/Mata have been allowed to last here. Has to come down to the board/Ed Woodward and our recruitment process. Too much money spent on individuals, not enough forward planning and thinking on targets to suit our style.

Board, Woodward and Mourinho need to be on the same page, and if that is not the case something has to change.

Stactix

You don’t sack managers that quickly after a bad run of matches. We are 3 games in, there’s an awful long way to go yet. Give him couple of months to turn it around, if we’re seriously adrift of CL places in Nov/Dec then cut the cord.

Again you ducked my question, who is this messiah who can turn this around if we were to get rid now?
Issue is, Watford & Burnley away up next.
Thats two huge bogey games.
Could easily end up on 4 points after 5 games...

Eddy_JukeZ

It won't get better.

I don't know who you bring in though at this point in time.

Clearly we've plateaued and are getting worse.

rpitchfo

Ugh 3 games into the season. He will not be sacked tomorrow ffs.

Only way it changes is if he walks...and I think he might.

I'm not excusing the last two games, but don't give your manager a contract if you aren't going to bring the players he wants. We can't carry on this myth of being the biggest club in the world whilst our neighbours resolve a very similar problem to our current one between summer 17 and Jan 18 and about £250m spent.

It's horrible, but it's 3 games ffs.
Not that I disagree with the sentiment but at what point (games wise) would you be happy to pass judgement? Bearing in mind that at 38 games in a season you only need a small amount of games to give you a statistically significant sample.

AndyJ1985

Good to see fans singing his name until the end and staying to applaud him.

Shows the difference between the average match goer and the average online fan.
Definitely. Those top reds who applauded Moyes and van Gaal until the very end are a credit to our club. Us average online fans know nothing compared to them.

Woodenlung

Other managers would struggle with the defenders we currently have at our disposal. Smalling and Jones starting games is an embarrassment to a club the size of United. In this regard Woodward must take full responsibility. He vetoed the signings of other defenders as he thought they were no better than what we already had. He should never be in a position where he's allowed overrule the manager.

But then I look at Mourinho's defensive signings and think he deserves balme as well. Bailly has potential but is basically the smaller eplayer he was when.he arrived. Fantastic ability to cover in.defemce but incredibly rash and can be suspect positionally. Surely that's the job of the manager to stamp out and improve. Its what Guardiola or Pochettino would do. Mourinho just doesn't have it in him anymore.

Someone

Something
Surely tonight will be a turning point for the club. Not taking action would only seem to prolong the inevitable.
Problem is, we always leave it till it's too late to salvage anything. Mourinho will not be here next season, but ed won't sack him till the season is a complete disaster.

I'm not saying that managers should be sacked after a couple of poor results, but it's clear for me that the team isn't progressing and that he isn't the right fit for the club.

Judas

Open to offers
If we go on a massive losing run, he'll be sacked, but it'll take something like that for us to be forced into action. But I think most sane people thought this would be his last season with us, and I'm sure it will be.

Baxter

As Carragher said just now;

When has Mourinho ever turned around a crisis?

He wins or he leaves. And he’s certainly not winning here.

el3mel

He should go. That's his usual third season syndrome meltdown. His second season was as his previous clubs as well but it was in the same season City broke all the records.

It's not going to work for him anymore. Should leave now if I were him.

However, square root of nothing is going to change if he ends up leaving alone. He should leave taking some heads with him, Ed, Pogba and Sanchez are a must to follow him out the door, especially Ed.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think what will happen is we'll wait until top four is impossible then we'll sack Jose. Zidane will either be no longer available or won’t want to take on a non-CL project. Then we'll appoint someone like Ancellotti.

PoTMS

Disgrace of a thread.

Mods should close it. Embarrassed.
Why would they close it? I love how it's embarrassing or shameful to want a manager out despite him playing atrocious football and not at the very least getting results. These are the same feckers who were crying "it's only pre-season". Now the next excuse is it's only August. Get to feck.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why?

The football Jose has produced is beneath this club. We need to get back to being a great team again. Jose has to go.
And bring in who? Three games into the new season. Who will get more out of these players?

We needed a new CB and the club should have backed him. Yes it's backed him before and yes he signed Bailly and Lindelof but it's clear the bunch we have don't work and what we don't have is one consistent starter who we can rely on and pair the others with. That's what we wanted and that's why we always look vulnerable.

ravi2

Im ok with Jose going, but Woodward has to go too. He will just sabotage the next manager or overrule his transfer targets as well.

If Ed got Jose the CB he wanted we wouldnt look as shit in the back, in fact, Ed should go before Jose does.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Weird thing is it didn't really look like the players had turned against Mourinho. They had actually played well and looked spirited before they went into meltdown. Which make me wonder what it will be like when Mourinho does lose the dressing room.

Jacob

Other managers would struggle with the defenders we currently have at our disposal. Smalling and Jones starting games is an embarrassment to a club the size of United. In this regard Woodward must take full responsibility. He vetoed the signings of other defenders as he thought they were no better than what we already had. He should never be in a position where he's allowed overrule the manager.

But then I look at Mourinho's defensive signings and think he deserves balme as well. Bailly has potential but is basically the smaller eplayer he was when.he arrived. Fantastic ability to cover in.defemce but incredibly rash and can be suspect positionally. Surely that's the job of the manager to stamp out and improve. Its what Guardiola or Pochettino would do. Mourinho just doesn't have it in him anymore.
No, he probably vetoed because the suggested signings weren't good enough and we'd fill up the wage bill with even more dross.

Minimalist

Can’t be true seriously?
Even if that’s true, loads will line up to blow him for ‘sticking it to the press.’ He’s had so many cringeworthy press moments already that people just seem to excuse.

He’s a childish weirdo.

CA_vampire

I am in the Woodward out club. Give Mourinho as much power as Fergie had. Keep Mourinho no matter what, even if we finish near the bottom. Keep Mourinho for at least 10 years. No pressure from us is needed, the guy applies plenty of pressure to himself, it is obvious he wants to win. Give him the power and at the end we will win a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.