The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Absolutely mate, I don't disagree with you there. Woody refusing to sanction the transfers that his manager had requested of him (apparently he knew better - he was wrong) but still choosing to keep him on is quite frankly bizarre. The players are unprofessional at times, they have no backbone and seemingly whine and cry at every given opportunity should things not go there way, which is quite a lot by all accounts.

The club itself needs fumigating and it should begin as of tomorrow morning with the sacking of Jose, but it won't. This shitshow will linger on until the turn of the year when it is mathematically impossible to get top 4. Just like it did under Moyes and LVG. Fecking fuming right now.
It's a crazy situation. He wasn't backed, players got the message he isn't backed by the board. Lousy circumstances. I would even call crazy claims Martial is playing a waiting game. All in all pretty awful situation.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why would they close it? I love how it's embarrassing or shameful to want a manager out. These are the same feckers who were crying "it's only pre-season". Now the next excuse is it's only August. Get to feck.
You get to feck.

What's your bright idea? Bring in the class of 92 and David Gill?

Skills

Snitch
I am in the Woodward out club. Give Mourinho as much power as Fergie had. Keep Mourinho no matter what, even if we finish near the bottom. Keep Mourinho for at least 10 years. No pressure from us is needed, the guy applies plenty of pressure to himself, it is obvious he wants to win. Give him the power and at the end we will win a lot.
:lol:

Minimalist

I am in the Woodward out club. Give Mourinho as much power as Fergie had. Keep Mourinho no matter what, even if we finish near the bottom. Keep Mourinho for at least 10 years. No pressure from us is needed, the guy applies plenty of pressure to himself, it is obvious he wants to win. Give him the power and at the end we will win a lot.
...yeah, nah.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Poch and Klopp have a clear plan and you can see that in the way they play. Yes we did finish above them last season but anyone with half a footballing brain would wonder how! We haven’t got a clear plan in how we move forward, we are going backwards whilst them two have overtaken us. Anyone who doesn’t think that she the case is a kid who doesn’t want to believe it.
How? DDG! He earned us 14 points or something according to Opta.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Proper meltdown, when he leaves here I'm sure the WWE will be able to find a role for him.

I want him gone now, along with Woodward. Hes clearly lost the confidence of the players and the team are playing scared. Woodward shares the blame by giving stupid contracts out to past it players and upsetting everyone else.

Let's get Zidane in. Every player in this generation grew up idolising him and they will work for him.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
It's a change in ownership and Exec staff we need, not a managerial merry-go-round.
Correct. Moyes, LVG, Jose - all symptoms of a poorly run operation. Fergie papered over these cracks that Moyes and LVG left exposed. Mourinho's got plenty of faults but no manager will have the level of success we all want if the owners don't decide that these things matter.

The Purley King

Pathetic isn't it.

The over-reaction. The drama. The knee-jerk comments - all from the comfort of their arm chairs.

Our fan base is an absolute embarrassment at times.
Horseshit.
Or perhaps you are the only fan remaining on the planet who was hoping we’d be entering the last season of moyes’s contract?

Tiber

Even if that’s true, loads will line up to blow him for ‘sticking it to the press.’

He’s a childish weirdo.
I guess thats one of the reasons I have turned on him quickly. I always thought he was a classless **** - coaches throwing tantrums, attacks in the press, sticking fingers in peoples eyes... I do not like Jose Mourinho.

But I thought if he righted the ship at United I could stomach him, however 3 years I doubt we are any closer to winning the title now than we have ever been since Fergie left

ravi2

Weird thing is it didn't really look like the players had turned against Mourinho. They had actually played well and looked spirited before they went into meltdown. Which make me wonder what it will be like when Mourinho does lose the dressing room.

Agreed, in the 1st half especially the players were giving 100% out there.
I dont think Jose has lost the dressing room, but morale is definitely low.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Not that I disagree with the sentiment but at what point (games wise) would you be happy to pass judgement? Bearing in mind that at 38 games in a season you only need a small amount of games to give you a statistically significant sample.
I think if you're not there or thereabouts in respect of the bare minimum you expect by Xmas, then you look at making changes, with the January window in mind.

I presume our hierarchy will be silently happy with any CL qualification spot.

No manager deserves to be sacked after 3 games unless there is genuine misconduct.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Weird thing is it didn't really look like the players had turned against Mourinho. They had actually played well and looked spirited before they went into meltdown. Which make me wonder what it will be like when Mourinho does lose the dressing room.
Agreed - this is NOT his last year at Chelsea or Madrid. Maybe our players just don't care at all in the grand scheme and that's a bigger issue but I didn't see them or the manager laying down today.

Red Primus

Just to add another perspective - During the 92-93 Premiership under Ferguson, right at the start we lost to Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 and then lost again to Everton 0-3. The next game we drew 1-1 to Ipswich Town. Should we have sacked Ferguson then? Bear in mind, we won that season in the end.

There's a lot of work to be done, for sure but calling for the head of the manager after 3 games is premature. The recent results are bad but not insurmountable. We, as supporters, have a role to play as well. We need to back the club, especially now. Give them the support to get over this bump on the road, the players, the club need the head-space to get out of this hole. Adding more pressure and chaos is not going to help.

We are in a better position than United were during the start 92-93. They only had 1 single point from the first 3 games and they managed to go on from there and achieve their goals. Maybe that should be something we should aspire to than throwing in the towel quickly. We cannot criticise the players for dropping their shoulders when we, as fans, do that all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: golden_blunder

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Unless things improve drastically then I don't see any way he doesn't leave, currently it seems to be a question of when not if. I did think that getting top 4 would have been enough in the board's eyes to save his job, but with all the stories coming out about the Martial tug of war I think he's looking very likely to go.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I've voted yes. I'm not particularly Jose Out but for better or for worse I think it's over for him here. There are a range of factors at play; Jose, the board, the players, blame should go on all sides but Jose isn't taking us to where we want to be so he'll leave sooner rather than later.

PoTMS

You get to feck.

What's your bright idea? Bring in the class of 92 and David Gill?
Ah, the same old excuse trotted out for not getting rid of Moyes and Van Gaal earlier than we should've, thereby missing out on Guardiola and Klopp, who would've been perfect for us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Agreed - this is NOT his last year at Chelsea or Madrid. Maybe our players just don't care at all in the grand scheme and that's a bigger issue but I didn't see them or the manager laying down today.
Think the players looked up for it, or most of them anyway. The first goal was the killer as it put doubts in their minds again and not taking out chances also killed us.

Brophs

The One and Only
A car full of Toblerone and a barefoot Mourinho to arrive in Dundee by morning.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
3 seasons is not a short time and he changed a squad to some degree. Forget the style, supporters have a right to expect results and this time he can't even give that.

Status
Not open for further replies.