The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I would like to request a transfer to this thread. I am now firmly convinced that he's lost the dressing room, well the players who can make a difference.

RORY65

I mean that a lot of the disharmony in the club has been fuelled by the media, and that has massively affected our performances. I don't really see how anyone could argue with that?
If the stories reported aren't true then they won't bother anyone, people in the club will know the reality (or the reality as different camps see it). The issue is that so much of it is clearly true and so much of it has been created by Mourinho and Pogba's utterances to the press as well as Woodward's briefings.

Mick321

We just made Mark Noble who's long past it look like a prime Gerrard. We parked the bus and conceded 3. We didn't have a shot on target in the first half despite going a goal down after a few mins. Just get this guy out for feck sake. Terrible football, terrible transfers, if he stays it will be a terrible season but we can still rescue it if we act now!

Listar

For this result alone he has to take full responsibility. If he lost the dressing room he has to go.

I am so angry now it’s beyond words.

Holocene

That sounds RAWKish, mate.
It isn't, there's plenty of threads for Mourinho criticism. There's no point of this thread if everyone is jumping down the throats of people who have defended Mourinho.

Some people care more about being right than United winning. It's pathetic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Makes no difference if it's September, October, or May. The writing is on the wall and the inevitable outcome is obvious. Why on earth you want to prolong the inevitable is a mystery.
Not everything is inevitable. He has big pedigree and earned some trust from the board with the progress he made on results last year.

Don't get me wrong I do get we look further out than we ever have in 3 years after such a terrible start. But he needs the next few games to turn it around. If he doesn't even I can't argue against his termination.

tom33

It’s been fuelled by Mourinho’s behaviour.
To an extent, yes. He has said some bizarre things, and there is no doubt that he could have handled things much better, but a lot of things have been skewed and exaggerated for the sake of news stories.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Of course not. It's inexcusable. He's wrong on so many fronts today.

People want to point to posters like me and accuse of blindly supporting a manager because I'm not comfortable sacking in September need their heads checked.

Spoilt bastards. Its September. I'd only really agree to sackings this early if he lost every game.
When you know 100% that Jose's management of the club is not working, what difference does it make when you sack him?

Have you seen the last 3 performances? Clearly, Jose has lost the dressing room, the players are simply not performing for him any longer. I don't care what month it is, Jose has to go tonight.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I didn’t want Pogba or Martial sold. Didn’t want Maguire either. I believe in Mourinho’s methods, I think they are not currently working with the team. I also said that if it doesn’t work this season he should go.
Lets discuss on the Mourinho out thread. But basically I am assuming you are saying he should be given the entire season?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I just hope he's gone before we get knocked out of the CL. That's the only thing stopping this season from being a total write off already.

In Rainbows

A lot of us saw this season coming. United were 6th (out of the top 6) in chances created last season. United were 6th in shots in goal. 2nd place masked those 2 stats and a lot of Mourinho fans ignored those 2 stats. They failed to understand that unless United were extremely efficient in front of goal and had de Gea bailing us out, United would easily slide down the table.

2nd place was the laziest excuse thrown out in his defense.

Kag

Of course not. It's inexcusable. He's wrong on so many fronts today.

People want to point to posters like me and accuse of blindly supporting a manager because I'm not comfortable sacking in September need their heads checked.

Spoilt bastards. Its September. I'd only really agree to sackings this early if he lost every game.
Spoilt my hoop.

This has been on the cards from six months into his reign. And yes, I argued this back then. It’s called taking note and calling a spade a spade.

NK86

We aren't getting top 4 with this fraud in charge, that's for sure.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah I can understand that a September sacking would be highly controversial but as I previously said, he has never managed through a crisis successfully. It's scorched earth policy with Jose and fans that do want him gone don't want it to get any worse. So can you blame them?

Gloating is a shitty thing to do though. We all support the same team ffs.
Yes this is my main qualm.

I understand some want him to stay and clean the mess and some want him out. But sticking it to your own fans after a match for the sake of gloating is pretty dire. State of some of our fans is a joke, not because they want Jose out obviously but because they seem to take joy in the defeat so they gloat about how right they look.

SirAF

Ageist
His time is probably up, yeah. However, the point scoring in here is not very classy.

Shark

@NotShark
Wouldn't say no to Zidane or Conte right now. Got the feeling Conte would go the same way as Mourinho though.
Signing Conte would just continue the trend of us signing the wrong managerial fit for the club. I wouldn’t put it past Woodward to sign him anyway though, which is why he also needs to be axed ASAP.

Greck

What changed in him to make him revert to those ultra-negative tactics today?

3KDré

Honestly can't see why anyone still wants him here. I don't care if we end up in mid table, but under a caretaker like McKenna.

Raven

Get rid of the cnut, didn't get a sniff of any play all fecking game. I get that West Ham are in good form, but feck off.

Kag

To an extent, yes. He has said some bizarre things, and there is no doubt that he could have handled things much better, but a lot of things have been skewed and exaggerated for the sake of news stories.
But what has that got to do with the attacking drills (or lack thereof) he’s supposed to be coaching on the training pitch?

It seems like a paltry excuse.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
People going on about the players giving up/not playing and it being shameful or whatever...

Feckin' Jose himself has given up! If your manager has given up and can't be arsed.. then why should you?

The whole thing is absolutely pathetic and the idea of him still being our manager for any day longer is both pointless and absurd.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cowardly tactics didn't pay off. He's done, past it. Will sum up the way the club is run perfectly if he isn't sacked after this.

kleberson_

Either Conte or Zidane for me. Conte had Pogba at Juve and zidane is french. We need to bring the best out of our players, not the worst..

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I don’t have anything against Mourinho but he’s lost this dressing room as he has at other clubs and seeing as you can’t sack all the players, his position has to be untenable.

As we saw at Chelsea, if the board doesn’t act, a relegation battle is a possibility. That’s what happens when the players aren’t interested in winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.