The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Wouldn't say no to Zidane or Conte right now. Got the feeling Conte would go the same way as Mourinho though.
But atleast his Mourinho season would be 5th.

Let’s not forget his impressive first season. I’d take him or Zidane right now.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nah, not going to work. Title is basically already gone, need to act quickly if we want to salvage our top four hopes.

King Eric 7

I'm really patient and I don't like changing managers all the time but enough is enough today.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Rio hit the nail on the head with his analysis. Effort, desire and working hard form the foundation of a good team and add to the fact that successive passing to create openings in the final third has been non-existent during (the majority of) Mourinho's tenure here at the club.

It is time to go. Sorry.

Mozox

Basically, the worst thing is that we have no idea how to play a ball. There's no sign of progress since last several months and Jose is still doing the same mistakes.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
No, you cant keep losing games.
Fair enough. With regards to his methods.. for me he just isn't the same man anymore with regards to his 'methodolgy'. It lacks the same precision and execution that he was once capable of and I also think he isn't as fluid tactically as he once was, he's turned from pragmatist to dogmatist, to unable to even execute those dogmas.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I didn’t want Pogba or Martial sold. Didn’t want Maguire either. I believe in Mourinho’s methods, I think they are not currently working with the team. I also said that if it doesn’t work this season he should go.
If they are not currently working 3 years into his management of the club and in excess of £400 million spent in the transfer market, what on earth makes you think his ideas will all of a sudden begin working somewhere down the line?

tom33

If the stories reported aren't true then they won't bother anyone, people in the club will know the reality (or the reality as different camps see it). The issue is that so much of it is clearly true and so much of it has been created by Mourinho and Pogba's utterances to the press as well as Woodward's briefings.
I don't think I agree. If you heard rumours that a colleague at work was trying to get you fired, it would affect your relationship with them. Even if it was your best mate at work, you'd still be confused and wonder what was going on.

Some of it does seem to be true, but a lot has been blown out of proportion. Just look at today, Pogba subbed on 70 minutes, because he was playing terribly and getting completely overrun in midfield and repeatedly giving the ball away, and the commentator says 'that'll add fuel to the fire' as though he'd been subbed at half time for no reason.

Ivor Ballokov

You take the risk with Mourinho, it's always going to go wrong at some point but he will likely bring you some success on the way. The argument over how much money he's spent could go on forever but our business in the summer was poor and I don't think that was his fault, falling out with players, poor tactics and squad selection are on him though.

The club need to make the cut now though, it's not getting better from here.

I just hope Mckenna and Carrick don't end up gone with him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When you know 100% that Jose's management of the club is not working, what difference does it make when you sack him?

Have you seen the last 3 performances? Clearly, Jose has lost the dressing room, the players are simply not performing for him any longer. I don't care what month it is, Jose has to go tonight.
A lot has changed though and I think we need to put that into context too. Faria out, Carrick Mckenna promoted. There is a teething period and it sort of shows in our style.

Some matches we look great like Watford Burnley or Young Boys (meh to young boys but it's still a fixture).

Others we look lost. As I said he needs more time to get it right regardless of what people want to say about 3rd season rubbish. If it was really such a big thing we should have sacked him last season. But we didn't so we may as well hope he cleans up our team whilst he's here rather than compete with one another on "I called this first" .

Mainoldo

So what exactly do we require? Paul Scholes said if we had West Ham’s front three we would have won. Seen as this is Jose in what does his supporter think we require from here, let’s be honest we can’t continue playing flair players (Dalot, Shaw, Pogba, Fred, Martial, Pereira, Mata, Rashford, Sanchez) it doesn’t work.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yes this is my main qualm.

I understand some want him to stay and clean the mess and some want him out. But sticking it to your own fans after a match for the sake of gloating is pretty dire. State of some of our fans is a joke, not because they want Jose out obviously but because they seem to take joy in the defeat so they gloat about how right they look.
Yeah that's pathetic... I actually want us to improve so we can all be a happy family again and be excited and shit.

El Zoido

He’s a busted flush, got no ideas left. There’s no point in keeping him even a day longer.

If we have another Moyes clause where we have to wait until we’re mathematically unable to qualify for the Champions League to give him a reduced pay-off then I fear for how far we might drop.

tom33

But what has that got to do with the attacking drills (or lack thereof) he’s supposed to be coaching on the training pitch?

It seems like a paltry excuse.
I don't know what it has to do with attacking drills. I haven't said anything about attacking drills?

redshaw

We have to get rid.

Complete fcukery playing Herrera against Spurs and McTominay today and then subbing the defender you bought in and leaving McTominay on for West Ham to run through and score a school playground afternoon goal.

How much is the payoff?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
We are still wealthy club and I think at some point we will get it right.

But he is done as a top flight manager.

No one in England top 6 will touch him.

Bayern hierachy despise him.

Barca and Real wouldnt touch him.

AC Milan, Juventus and Roma wouldnt want him. Their fans actually hate him.

Maybe Inter because Moratti loves him. But thats it

BarstoolProphet

Now that this season is ruined already, the only thing to look forward to for the foreseeable future is him gettimg the sack. Reeks of Moyes' last months in charge.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's got to go. His toxicity frightens the feck out of me because I can't us winning in that kind of atmosphere. People talking about top 4. Forget that! I'm terrified we'll be flirting with relegation as he had Chelsea do in his last spell.

Cloud7

Who’s the clown who kept on trying to make mocking posts about people pointing out Jose’s usual third seasons meltdowns as a “pirate curse”. Would love to see him/her continue with those jokes now

wolvored

The squad all needs to be sold, they're all clearly sucking Pogba off and don't deserve to play for us. Part of me wishes Jose digs in, makes it to January.. sell that wannabe gansta to Barca along with his brother from another mother Martial and we can start to instil some fighting spirit back into the squad. First thing we need to do is get in Willian to sort out that right flank and throw whatever money it takes at Inter to get Perisic, so we finally get some proper width and support to Lukaku.

I think we also need a new centre back, Maguire is looking like a no brainer to shore things up. If we get them three in - we will finish top 4 and in the summer, I'd bin everyone bar De Gea and let Jose build his own team without restrictions. It has been a shitshow, him having to deal with bad purchases by Moyes/LVG and not being allowed to get rid of them.

Stay strong Jose, the real United fans are with you mate.
:lol: I was looking for the white text

King Eric 7

I'm kinda wondering what he does to get paid a salary. Do the players know what they are supposed to be doing?

TsuWave

this has to be classed as malpractice now

i'd even take Wenger at this point

ZAGREB RED

59.7% voting for him to go at 2.30PM not long after the West Ham game has finished, wonder what it will be by tonight.

Judas

Open to offers
I can't believe when we hired him I thought he'd work out and last here. He's been worse than people predicted as we didn't even get a league title out of him before the meltdown.

el3mel

He can't stay after this. His selections and subs say he wants out. He lost the plot.

haram

If they are not currently working 3 years into his management of the club and in excess of £400 million spent in the transfer market, what on earth makes you think his ideas will all of a sudden begin working somewhere down the line?
I believe in effective counters and transitions and his tactical work. His relationship with the players and whether they are suitable for this, I’m not sure. I never said it will work down the line from now.

lex talionis

Credit Jose with what he did the first two seasons but it’s completely fallen apart in the third season. Time to cut the bait.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think after that, I’m in this camp now. Feel bad for him, as the garbage performances put on by some players have killed him, but he can’t lead this club anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.