The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Singh

Seriously the guy is a cry baby, didn’t get he’s way in the transfer window so throws he’s toys out the pram. GET THE feck OUT MY CLUB!

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm not as militant as some on Jose. I was happy enough with his first two years here. Not mad about the brand of football but we at least seemed to be building some momentum.

Couple of trophies in his first year, finishing 2nd last year. I was happy for him to continue this year, maybe add a couple of players and continue to build.

Despite the lack of signings and negativity from preseason it wasn't until the last few weeks that I feel his time is up. Terrible football, terrible performances, terrible results and all the drama and how he's chosen to handle it.

The performance against West Ham sealed it for me, bizarre tactics, overtly negative and a team that looks like it hasn't a clue how to play.

I don't think its all down to Jose, but right now we're going backwards, at a rate of knots. Ultimately I think too much has gone on for him to recover the situation.

Won't be surprised to see the club persist with him for a while yet mind.
Well balanced post

Greck

Very soon we'll finally be able to stop rationalising the logic behind rating attackers by how quick they sprint when we don't have the ball. Imagine Lukaku being the image of a Manchester united team (jose's words). Reckon that statement won't age well

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Cant see you losing to Valencia, I think they have only won 1 game so far this season, same with Newcastle still think you will manage to beat both of them.

I think the pressure will come when you face us in a few weeks and City, two losses in those and its curtains

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Actually giving one of the most highly successful active managers in the world the backing he deserves in the transfer market and reprimand players who actively feck up the harmony in the squad through toxic interviews since the start of the season.
Who's that then?
I've done shits that could get decent performances out of this bunch of players.
There's a reason there's not a lot of love at the club and its not the players.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'm not as militant as some on Jose. I was happy enough with his first two years here. Not mad about the brand of football but we at least seemed to be building some momentum.

Couple of trophies in his first year, finishing 2nd last year. I was happy for him to continue this year, maybe add a couple of players and continue to build.

Despite the lack of signings and negativity from preseason it wasn't until the last few weeks that I feel his time is up. Terrible football, terrible performances, terrible results and all the drama and how he's chosen to handle it.

The performance against West Ham sealed it for me, bizarre tactics, overtly negative and a team that looks like it hasn't a clue how to play.

I don't think its all down to Jose, but right now we're going backwards, at a rate of knots. Ultimately I think too much has gone on for him to recover the situation.

Won't be surprised to see the club persist with him for a while yet mind.
Well said mate. I backed Mourinho since day one and was happy enough with two trophies in the first season then getting us 2nd but the wheels have come off and it's clear as day that it's not going to get better. We need to accept it hasn't worked out the way we wanted it to and just part ways.

JonDahl

My worry is not sacking mourinho.

But what comes after it?

What if pochetinno says no? What if zidane wants a new squad? What if martial still sulks because maybe zidane has his own idea about how a winger should play? What if we can't find a buyer for jones? What if the hypothetical scenario of we could sell half our dross and buy a new sets of player like we do in fm doesn't work? What if we languishing midtable with zidane? What if the new dof turns out to be worse? What if it turns out that it's the players that's the problem and not the 3 managers we've had? What if carrick and mckenna are actually not a very good manager?
Everyone is scared of the unknown, but when the alternative is boring shite, I, as well as many others, think it’s well worth the risk.

NK86

My worry is not sacking mourinho.

But what comes after it?

What if pochetinno says no? What if zidane wants a new squad? What if martial still sulks because maybe zidane has his own idea about how a winger should play? What if we can't find a buyer for jones? What if the hypothetical scenario of we could sell half our dross and buy a new sets of player like we do in fm doesn't work? What if we languishing midtable with zidane? What if the new dof turns out to be worse? What if it turns out that it's the players that's the problem and not the 3 managers we've had? What if carrick and mckenna are actually not a very good manager?
So basically you are afraid of change?

Rafaeldagold

If zidane is the best option then no. Zidane had an amazing squad at Real & just relied on their talent- I didn’t notice any style of playing to be honest. He would be totally the wrong man for this rebuilding task

Cloud7

Actually giving one of the most highly successful active managers in the world the backing he deserves in the transfer market and reprimand players who actively feck up the harmony in the squad through toxic interviews since the start of the season.
But the pirate curse is coming to life, as much as you thought it wouldn’t.

Smores

Is it though? I mean Liverpool have won feck all so really thats based off City and possibly Barca of the past. You have to ignore a lot of success by other teams at club level and international level to come to that conclusion.

Heck you have to ignore our own success, Fergie would not be playing that style of football if he were here and I'm pretty sure we'd be up there.

Red Devil Rising

Any manager who's belief is to let other teams have the ball, as they're more likely to make a mistake and we can capitalise from it is not a good fit for this club.

RikRuud

Look at the date and how many games they had to lose. Our board are more patient so it could get truly horrific before Woody presses eject.
I think the people involved on the board might influence that decision sooner rather than later

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Keep going the way we are and it could be mathematically set a lot sooner :lol:
If we have a midtable form the it's going to be fairly late, if we are in the bottom three then it's going to be around early March. I highly doubt that we will match Stoke's form.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
Hopefully, our board will be as decisive as Chelsea. The guy has lost the players plain and simple.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34670192
Actually, Chelsea weren't. If you are comparing with Chelsea, they were in a much much worse place. They waited almost half a season before pulling the trigger. Chelsea had 15 points from 16 games when Mourinho was sacked. You would have to restrict yourself to 5 points in the next 9 games to match it.

ike

Gotta give Mou more time. Get rid of Pogba and any other rats in the dressing room in January. Sack Mou at the end of the season.

Don't conceed to player power. Pogba has only proved Sir Alex was right in his treatment of him the first go around.
Sacking Mou now will only encourage our players to down tools whenever they don't get their way.

Vadim

Gotta give Mou more time. Get rid of Pogba and any other rats in the dressing room in January. Sack Mou at the end of the season.

Don't conceed to player power. Pogba has only proved Sir Alex was right in his treatment of him the first go around.
Sacking Mou now will only encourage our players to down tools whenever they don't get their way.
The football won’t change regardless of whether Pogba goes or stays.

It’s Jose Mourinho. Negative, tumescent football and tactics that are stuck in 2006. The game has passed him by.

ike

I agree... tumescent tactics started with Moyes, Got worse under LVG with Zombie Football, and has not been perfected under Mourinho.
I was very surprised he stuck with 3 at back after the first half.
I believe both Pogba and Mourinho have to go. Just that Pogba should be first.

Truly there is something wrong at the club and I'm thinking Neville is right that its something at the top. Glazers are turning United into another "Buccaneers"

Fracture90

How come players are not rebelling unded different manager's tho?

How come they're pretty content and happy with their manager's at City, Spurs, Liverpool etc?

El Zoido

How would this help? It’s one or the other.

You can refer back to Hazard falling out with Jose at Chelsea. Had Chelsea got rid of those “toxic” players like Hazard and stuck with Jose god knows where they’d be, but I doubt they’d be anywhere near successful.

Mourinho’s football is garbage, he takes players like Pogba and Martial and asks them to play like Stoke under Pulis. He’d sign Messi and drop him when he didn’t put in a defensive shift against Cardiff at home.

There’s a saying that goes if you smell shit everywhere you go, check under your own shoe. Jose has fought with his squad everywhere he’s gone, except Inter and that’s only because he left early otherwise he’d have imploded them too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pathetic stuff from the board for keep delaying the inevitable. How long must they wait until how far we really fall off the cliff? They had no confidence in Mourinho in the market so why are they keeping him now in this perilous position? Fans anger should directed at them (Woodward and Glazers) than the manager.
Sadly I don't think the end is in sight for Mourinho. Woodward's only let's go when he really really has to. Although I think we should be smart and stabilise an unbalanced and sinking ship, our past tells us that it's going to get much uglier before we see change.

shaky

If we have a midtable form the it's going to be fairly late, if we are in the bottom three then it's going to be around early March. I highly doubt that we will match Stoke's form.
More likely that we'll finish 3rd in the CL group, get bumped into Europa, and still have that backdoor CL qualification route open until quite late in the season.

ike

How come players are not rebelling unded different manager's tho?

How come they're pretty content and happy with their manager's at City, Spurs, Liverpool etc?
Sorry dude. I'm not talking about City, Spurs and Liverpool. Talking about United. And we did have player issues under Moyes and Van Gaal. Remember the Chip Rebellion?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m so torn with this.
Ultimately I think he has to go now but I don’t think that’s going to leave us any better off.
It’s a Shit show at the moment

poleglass red

I think at this stage he has to go. I hate using the term "he's lost the dressing room" as I think it's a cop out in re to the players. But I think at this stage the atmosphere is poison and the lack of effort is disgraceful. Unfortunately in this day and age with the modern player, the manager has to go. The whole boardroom is wrong though and I don't think we'll go from being shite to Pep style football with the change in management. I think our squad isn't good enough, our backline is miles of being anything near championship quality. In the summer when Jose clearly wanted players and wasn't backed, he should have been let go then, Bit of topic but watched an interview with Gordon Strachan, he wasn't talking about us but in general terms. He shot down the lost the dressing room scenario. He said at any one time at Aberdeen under Fergie there would have been 6 players not speaking with Fergie, pure anger at him. The difference he said though, come the weekend those players would have run through a brick wall for him. We aren't getting that level of committment, in that case manager has to go. We need changes higher up as well, the much muted DOF must be a priority as well as appointing a manager who has an identity they want us to play with.

Fracture90

Sorry dude. I'm not talking about City, Spurs and Liverpool. Talking about United. And we did have player issues under Moyes and Van Gaal. Remember the Chip Rebellion?
We measure ourselves against our rivals in everything, why not in this particular topic as well?

What those 2 prior managers and Mourinho all have in common?

Also you think Mourinho's antics could have possibly contributed in any way to players not wanting to play for him? Would hardly be surprising considering his history of falling our with players.

ike

How would this help? It’s one or the other.

You can refer back to Hazard falling out with Jose at Chelsea. Had Chelsea got rid of those “toxic” players like Hazard and stuck with Jose god knows where they’d be, but I doubt they’d be anywhere near successful.

Mourinho’s football is garbage, he takes players like Pogba and Martial and asks them to play like Stoke under Pulis. He’d sign Messi and drop him when he didn’t put in a defensive shift against Cardiff at home.

There’s a saying that goes if you smell shit everywhere you go, check under your own shoe. Jose has fought with his squad everywhere he’s gone, except Inter and that’s only because he left early otherwise he’d have imploded them too.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't compare Hazard to the likes of Pogba and Martial.
We've only seen what Pogba and Martial are capable of. Hazard is proving to be the best talent in the Prem right now and being compared to Messi / Ronaldo.

Do you see Pogba and Martial on par with Messi and Ronaldo?
Potential is there yes, but on current form?

Robbie Boy

I’m so torn with this.
Ultimately I think he has to go now but I don’t think that’s going to leave us any better off.
It’s a Shit show at the moment
Can things really get worse? I mean really? The negativity around the club from the media would disappear for a start, the Pogba / Mourinho bollox would die, surely our on-field performances would improve and our attacking players might actually look like footballers.

I mean, it could get worse, but I highly doubt it. In any other sector, a manager underperforming to this level would be let go. We can't keep him around under the pretence that things invariably could get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.