g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Can't believe there is still around 300 people who believe he should not be sacked.

#delusional

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Can you please translate this @Peyroteo @SCP

According to reddit it's
Mourinho, 2015: Me, myself as a manager in the daily basis, there are things that I don't give a F- and that three, four, five years ago(2010, UCL with Inter) I thought that were very important.

Last edited:

Fracture90

Think this indecision from the higher-ups has something to do with owners willingness to sell the club.

The ship is sinking and they've want to cash in.

ErranMorad

Think this indecision from the higher-ups has something to do with owners willingness to sell the club.

The ship is sinking and they've want to cash in.
That would be true if we hadn't seen it happen twice before. The same shit happened with Moyes and Van Gaal. Given more time when it was blindingly obvious that they are not going to cut it.

Fracture90

That would be true if we hadn't seen it happen twice before. The same shit happened with Moyes and Van Gaal. Given more time when it was blindingly obvious that they are not going to cut it.
Ye I can see that to be the reason as well, but we're the most valuable sports brand in the world now, worth more than ever before, this is the best time to sell.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I get that people don't like him but calling anyone a cancer is completely ott.
Also who is clueless, Scholes, Giggs and Rion have been really outspoken about the state of the club.

Also thinking problems don't go beyond the manager is taking it all lightly. Neville is right about that.
What if he was called a "virus"?

arthurka

What's shambolic is getting rid of Pogba because Mourinho has conjured up this narrative that he isn't playing for the team.
Serious question, do you think that Pogba has been playing well? And giving his all?
Mourinho or no Mourinho he should really take a hard look at himself his attitude has been really bad.

ErranMorad

Ye I can see that to be the reason as well, but we're the most valuable sports brand in the world now, worth more than ever before, this is the best time to sell.
The value will keep increasing with more and more money in the game. I am sure there are plenty of more markets left to capture on the commercial front. Also, the stock is trading at close to it's 52 week low right now. It is certainly not the best time to sell.

Fracture90

The value will keep increasing with more and more money in the game. I am sure there are plenty of more markets left to capture on the commercial front. Also, the stock is trading at close to it's 52 week low right now. It is certainly not the best time to sell.
You could be right but as you say we're on a downward spiral right now and it's likely we'll lose more value before we get back to the highs again and with all the problems surrounding the club atm, who knows.

Balerion

I changed my vote from 'No' to 'Yes' yesterday, but not because I want Jose sacked, I don't think it's going to solve the problems at the club. To me he looks too frustrated with the behind the scene stuff to be able to do his job properly. I'm not sure if he's up for the fight anymore or if he just mentally resigned. Things are not right at the club.

Posh Red

I changed my vote from 'No' to 'Yes' yesterday, but not because I want Jose sacked, I don't think it's going to solve the problems at the club. To me he looks too frustrated with the behind the scene stuff to be able to do his job properly. I'm not sure if he's up for the fight anymore or if he just mentally resigned. Things are not right at the club.
Seems kind of strange that these alleged problems behind the scenes didn’t seem to hamper him for the first year or so while he was here. He got his players and never seemed this miserable before.

He’s got history for falling apart in his third season so I’d say the problems are more likely to be down to him based on the evidence we have.

crossy1686

career ending
I've been wanting massive changes since LVG so as much as I want Jose gone now it just feels like it's going to be a superficial fix to a much deeper rooted problem.

ErranMorad

You could be right but as you say we're on a downward spiral right now and it's likely we'll lose more value before we get back to the highs again and with all the problems surrounding the club atm, who knows.
May be there is some truth to these sell rumors, you can never be certain with these things. However, the stock right now is down close to 40% since it's year high in August this year. I am not sure if it's all down to the general stock market downturn or a combined effect of the downturn and our shitty performances this season. Possibly both. That doesn't make this the best time to sell the club. We are probably at the lower end of the valuation right now. A better time to sell will be when the market mood changes and we are performing better on the pitch, which can be a year or two from now.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
The only way Mourhino hasn't lost the dressing room is if the cleaner reminds him where it is.

Balerion

Seems kind of strange that these alleged problems behind the scenes didn’t seem to hamper him for the first year or so while he was here. He got his players and never seemed this miserable before.

He’s got history for falling apart in his third season so I’d say the problems are more likely to be down to him based on the evidence we have.
Then obviously something must have happened since then.

Patrick08

Hazard won the title for Chelsea under Jose and was player if the year for them, Pogba is getting exposed at the footballing basics at the club.

Pogba should also deserve a second chance, but I don't have the view of being overdependent on him give him more importance in the team than he deserves. He can be the cherry on top of the cake, but he can't be the cake himself. He ain't a leader who can marshall himself and his mates in adversities.

Would Chelsea be in a better position now if they got rid of Hazard along with Jose?

Fracture90

May be there is some truth to these sell rumors, you can never be certain with these things. However, the stock right now is down close to 40% since it's year high in August this year. I am not sure if it's all down to the general stock market downturn or a combined effect of the downturn and our shitty performances this season. Possibly both. That doesn't make this the best time to sell the club. We are probably at the lower end of the valuation right now. A better time to sell will be when the market mood changes and we are performing better on the pitch, which can be a year or two from now.
Fek I wasn't aware the stocks have gone that much down. Probably combined stock market downturn, us being dogshiit and brexit imo.

But for us to start playing better we would need a change in management and some investment.

Flying_Heckfish

The BIG issue now is that we can have 3 wins (Cardiff away, Huddersfield home, Bournemouth home) in a row in the next 3 games (maybe 4 with Newcastle) and Jose will be safe again.

Enough is enough ! I really think that 80% of the fans worldwide wants him out and hopefully it will happen soon.

11 points of the top 4 is too much. Enough with this prehistoric football, enough with this player bashing at the end of the games, enough of these excuses. Old fans like my father are not watching the games anymore because of him.

Give him his 13M and sack him
Ideal time to make the switch (well this and the last TWO international breaks). We should be able to bounce back with wins in these games, even with a caretaker/team.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I said it at the start of the season. If you made one change, hypothetically, without spending anymore money and swapped Mourinho for Klopp they’d be in the top 4 easily. The coaching is outdated and players not buying into it

Balerion

So the club structure has fallen apart since then? Or maybe he has fallen out with half his squad like he did everywhere else, alienating his big money signings and sapping the confidence from his young players.
Noone said the whole structure has fallen apart. :rolleyes: Sapping confidence from his young players? Like who?

Why insist on some imaginary, illusive, phantom reasons when throughout his tenure we spent majority of games looking dogshiit with him moaning from day one.
Imaginary, illusive, phantom reasons? Or is that just you rationalizing your opinion on the subject? We are on 3rd manager since SAF in 5 years.

Woodzy

Makes you wonder if Klopp started with Fabinho and Keita precisely due to Mourinho's comments a while back how he gets no criticism for not playing his summer acquisitions?
More likely that he knew we would field a slow and technically lacking midfield so they could easily give us the runaround, which they did.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
It is three years to the day that Chelsea sacked Jose. The club were 1 point off relegation and the team had nothing to play for but PL safety. Utd aren't in quite such a bad place but how the board reacts now is probably more about who they have lined up.

The upcoming fixtures look like they could drag this out until the end of the season. Jose is being optimistic if he think top 4 is still achievable.

calling.varun

i just saw the fixture list and realised that Mourinho will win the next few matches and convince the united hierarchy that things are under his control . I feel if we have to sacrifice this season just to get long term stability , lets just fire Mou and get the new long term manager . But the question is , do we have anyone in mind . We cant fire Mourinho and then search for a new manager . Neither Atletico nor spurs will easily let go of their managers

Fracture90

Imaginary, illusive, phantom reasons? Or is that just you rationalizing your opinion on the subject? We are on 3rd manager since SAF in 5 years.
You're implying that the problem is hidden behind the scenes when we look like shiit all the same.

3 managers that are all defensive and complete opposite of the values UTD success was built on.

Robbie Boy

You're implying that the problem is hidden behind the scenes when we look like shiit all the same.

3 managers that are all defensive and complete opposite of the values UTD success was built on.
Three utterly terrible choices, in hindsight of course. I didn't want Moyes whatsoever, I didn't know enough about LvG but wanted anyone but Moyes at the time and I admit that I wanted Mourinho. I really expected Mourinho to bring back the good times but feck me, it has been another nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.