The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezpeza

I bet Fergie despises this shit more than anyone. Mourinho is making a mockery of the club.
Yeah a team of shite mid table players on extortionate salaries because we are Man Utd and a manager who’s downed tools.

We’ve got Rojo and Phil Jones who are crocked, shite and useless. There was talk of selling them to Everton in the summer and Everton went ‘nah feck that’ and signed Mina, one of our targets. Worst squad I remember us having, and so many of our players are out of form on top of being mediocre

In fact it’s got so bad I can cherrypick a team Of mid table players from other premier league clubs that would be better than what we have.

Think Jose has to go but I do Question the board too and their recruitment of managers and players since SAF left.

JB7

Keeping players motivated and focused is somewhere at the top of the list most basic job duties of a manager. Just this summer we say Pogba motivated and focused. Mourinho gets no pass here.
Behave, remaining professional and performing to the best of your ability is a basic requirement of being a footballer. I’ve supported Pogba throughout his time at the club but his performances this season have been a nothing short of a disgrace.

Loon

:lol:
I doubt anyone on the United board would want to give the Dippers the pleasure of being the ones who put paid to the manager. March and CL failure it is.

In Rainbows

Behave, remaining professional and performing to the best of your ability is a basic requirement of being a footballer. I’ve supported Pogba throughout his time at the club but his performances this season have been a nothing short of a disgrace.
No they haven't. He's been one of our better players full stop. He had one disgraceful performance and that was Southampton. I don't know why history is being rewritten or acting like only Pogba's bad performances are a result of him not having the right attitude. Pogba's been inconsistent largely due to the recent bad performances he's given, but he was largely great before that. One of the few players who could hold his head up high for a while.

Even in matches where I felt he wasn't good in, he more often then not was still our best player in that match.

SteveW

No they haven't. He's been one of our better players full stop. He had one disgraceful performance and that was Southampton. I don't know why history is being rewritten or acting like only Pogba's bad performances are a result of him not having the right attitude. Pogba's been inconsistent largely due to the recent bad performances he's given, but he was largely great before that. One of the few players who could hold his head up high for a while.

Even in matches where I felt he wasn't good in, he more often then not was still our best player in that match.
It's being rewritten because people are incredibly gullible and will swallow any narrative placed in front of them. Pogba is not the problem

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I see Mourinho is talking about his Porto, Real and Inter teams again.

He's such a bore.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I logged in, hooooping to see "Jomo fired, Carrick and McKenna takes over"... ok... we're still stuck with it :(

JB7

At times, they really have. When he’s bad, he’s absolutely abysmal. When he plays well, he makes us tick and everything runs through him. The problem is we’ve seen far too much of the abysmal Pogba this season. Nothing is being rewritten, go through the seasons matches one by one and we’ve seen more abysmal Pogba than brilliant Pogba.

I say brilliant and abysmal because there’s rarely an inbetween with him.

Bojan11

I logged in, hooooping to see "Jomo fired, Carrick and McKenna takes over"... ok... we're still stuck with it :(
Why do people constantly want these two to take over?

Carrick has 5 months coaching experience where he’s probably just moved a few cones. Whilst McKenna is still a rookie.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Why do people constantly want these two to take over?

Carrick has 5 months coaching experience where he’s probably just moved a few cones. Whilst McKenna is still a rookie.
Because they would only be caretakers and the assumption is that they would try to get the side to play good Football during their short time in charge.

Bojan11

Because they would only be caretakers and the assumption is that they would try to get the side to play good Football during their short time in charge.
Yeah assumption.

When there’s someone like Jardim/Zidane/Conte available then we should go for them now and let them use this season to see which players fit their plans. There’s still a lot to play for this season rather than throwing it away. Yeah caretaker worked for Chelsea in the past but they hired Hiddink and Benitez. Even when they hired Grant they had squad that is 10 times better than ours.

Unless the board want someone like Potch who I doubt will want to come to this mess especially as Levy will be a big issue or Favre.

BlueHaze

When there’s someone like Jardim/Zidane/Conte available then we should go for them now
You cannot be serious? Are we going to witness the ongoing disaster and repeat the same mistake? Conte doesn't play the type of football we want to see and his last season with Chelsea was a complete fiasco. I could definitely see Woodward going for him and then we will be in the exact same situation 2 seasons from here.

Greck

Look at his statements after this Liverpool game as he marvels at the physical state of Liverpool players:
But Mourinho also singled out Andrew Robertson, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Georginio Wijnaldum, Naby Keita and Fabinho as players who United are unable to match when it comes to intensity. ‘First of all, we have lots of problems related to physicality, we have lots of players that I could consider injury problems, because some of our players are always injured and is not with me, it was before me,’ Mourinho said after the game.

Is it not his job to train the squad to be in peak condition? He´s also claiming some of his players are "soft" to put it mildly. Did you not spend 400 million on players you wanker and not a single one of them delivering what should be expected? Is it not De Gea,Young,Smalling,Shaw,Martial,Rashford and the lumberjack Fellaini that have been the best or should I rather put it "least bad performing players of the squad". Then he has the nerve to admire Liverpool after going there like a headless chicken not knowing what to do. And what is his answer? The same as every time in it not being his fault but somebody else is to blame. Have I forgotten something or is he not one of the highest paid managers in the world and having the privilege to steer Man Utd. Just go Mourinho, go as you are not worthy of sitting in the same seat as Sir Alex and Sir Matt sat in before you. They had dignity and were not full of them selfs as you are. Go and go now, it´s time to end this shitshow.
Even his admiration of players makes him sound a dinosaur. It's often physicality this and running that he singles out

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I doubt anyone on the United board would want to give the Dippers the pleasure of being the ones who put paid to the manager. March and CL failure it is.
Even Liverpool fans don't want the pleasure of getting Mourinho sacked.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Even his admiration of players makes him sound a dinosaur. It's often physicality this and running that he singles out
And it's something that he could have instilled a long time ago. Instead he prefers us to sit back and be cautious.

kiristao

I'm not saying all we needed was a defender mate! We have a lot of glaring issues, but we also have some fantastic players too.

Why have we not even pretended to sign a right winger for one question?
Precisely my point. We have some fantastic players and should be doing far better than what we are right now. RM has been an issue for a while now but Jose has himself to blame for it. why go for Sanchez when we already had 2 young guys on the left? The only real wingers he supposedly wanted were Perisic (who again favours the left wing) and William (who is more of a RCM rather than a traditional RW that we need)
I have always supported Mourinho and felt it's up to the players to perform but some of Jose's decision making is extremely questionable and has been harmful for the team..

trafford1980

Watch this if you havn't, good discussion.

Is it just me or is Souness actually talking decent sense these last few weeks? Seems like he's turned a Pogba-loathing corner. His point about buying Fred was spot on. There's no way Jose should have prioritised a 50 mill plus centre-mid (that he doesn't play) over another defender. We were stacked in the middle and the Fred money would have bought us a great centre-half had we worked on it throughout the Summer.

Patrick08

The thread title isn't a relevant question anymore, he has to go, when? Is a more relevant question now.

Patrick08

Is it just me or is Souness actually talking decent sense these last few weeks? Seems like he's turned a Pogba-loathing corner. His point about buying Fred was spot on. There's no way Jose should have prioritised a 50 mill plus centre-mid (that he doesn't play) over another defender. We were stacked in the middle and the Fred money would have bought us a great centre-half had we worked on it throughout the Summer.
Wouldn't have made any difference as well. He will make any defender look bad when he has immobile lumps protecting them while he sees taking off Herrera who is the only player who puts up a fight in winning the ball back as a right substitution.

trafford1980

Wouldn't have made any difference as well. He will make any defender look bad when he has immobile lumps protecting them while he sees taking off Herrera who is the only player who puts up a fight in winning the ball back as a right substitution.
Yes, agree with you.

As much as everyone absolutely murders the quality of our squad, I still (perhaps stubbornly) believe that a well-managed front six of Pogba, Herrera and Fred/Mata behind Martial, Sanchez (central) and Rashford is devastating.

So frustrating to continuously hear that he has nothing to work with when he's just playing with the wrong parts.

ErranMorad

Another pathetic post match press conference from him. He has spend upwards of 400m: got himself 3 CB's, one FB, 3CM's & 2 attacking players in the process. So if we are not a low block team or a fast counter-attacking team or a team with fast transitions - whose fault is it? He has nothing to offer besides excuses for his shitiness. How was Klopp able to buy "physical" players for less money than him and make them play the way he wants? How was Poch? All he does he throws our players under the bus and blames the club. Pathetic fecking vermin. He is the deadly virus infesting our club. Scumbag.

Can't believe the moron is still here. If he is not sacked before I wake up tomorrow morning, it's time to stop watching this shit show until he is gone. Him and Eddy are taking us fans for a ride with this ridiculousness. They are both taking the piss. Both need to feck off.

Red_toad

Yeah a team of shite mid table players on extortionate salaries because we are Man Utd and a manager who’s downed tools.

We’ve got Rojo and Phil Jones who are crocked, shite and useless. There was talk of selling them to Everton in the summer and Everton went ‘nah feck that’ and signed Mina, one of our targets. Worst squad I remember us having, and so many of our players are out of form on top of being mediocre

In fact it’s got so bad I can cherrypick a team Of mid table players from other premier league clubs that would be better than what we have.

Think Jose has to go but I do Question the board too and their recruitment of managers and players since SAF left.
He was never a United target, media and agent hype. Don't know why people buy into it constantly.

Last edited:

UDontMessWith24

That’s not how it works. If the players are unmotivated it’s unequivocally down to the manager whether the chicken or the egg came first is irrelevant at the end of the day. Players aren’t robots they won’t start working their socks off at the click of the manager’s fingers. They definitely won’t work their socks off for any sort of romanticized reason if they can’t stand their manager, and there is an environment of constant turmoil the players will not perform and the manager is held responsible.

Joseunited

Cardiff,Bournemouth,Newcastle and Huddersfield next up for United, if we don't get 12 points in those games he surely has to go.

Patrick08

That’s not how it works. If the players are unmotivated it’s unequivocally down to the manager whether the chicken or the egg came first is irrelevant at the end of the day. Players aren’t robots they won’t start working their socks off at the click of the manager’s fingers. They definitely won’t work their socks off for any sort of romanticized reason if they can’t stand their manager, and there is an environment of constant turmoil the players will not perform and the manager is held responsible.
Ultimately the players have to play in Europa league its their direct loss.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Watch this if you havn't, good discussion.

The Liverpool pundits talking far more sense than the United pundits - a reflection on our fan base now as well tbh. Keane and Neville come across as clueless.

Patrick08

The Liverpool pundits talking far more sense than the United pundits - a reflection on our fan base now as well tbh. Keane and Neville come across as clueless.
Neville is just speaking from his exp in spain, while keane is from his exp at united back in his time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The club pays it. It won't come out of the Glazer's pockets as is being implied. Neither will £30m dent the valuation of a £3bn asset.
£30m can be recouped by getting rid of some dross in our team

Cardiff,Bournemouth,Newcastle and Huddersfield next up for United, if we don't get 12 points in those games he surely has to go.
Don't bother, we won't and he won't go

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Look at his statements after this Liverpool game as he marvels at the physical state of Liverpool players:
But Mourinho also singled out Andrew Robertson, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Georginio Wijnaldum, Naby Keita and Fabinho as players who United are unable to match when it comes to intensity. ‘First of all, we have lots of problems related to physicality, we have lots of players that I could consider injury problems, because some of our players are always injured and is not with me, it was before me,’ Mourinho said after the game.

Is it not his job to train the squad to be in peak condition? He´s also claiming some of his players are "soft" to put it mildly. Did you not spend 400 million on players you wanker and not a single one of them delivering what should be expected? Is it not De Gea,Young,Smalling,Shaw,Martial,Rashford and the lumberjack Fellaini that have been the best or should I rather put it "least bad performing players of the squad". Then he has the nerve to admire Liverpool after going there like a headless chicken not knowing what to do. And what is his answer? The same as every time in it not being his fault but somebody else is to blame. Have I forgotten something or is he not one of the highest paid managers in the world and having the privilege to steer Man Utd. Just go Mourinho, go as you are not worthy of sitting in the same seat as Sir Alex and Sir Matt sat in before you. They had dignity and were not full of them selfs as you are. Go and go now, it´s time to end this shitshow.
The good thing about him starting to spout nonsense like that is that he knows his time here is nearing an end. It was the same at Madrid and at Chelsea when things started going south and he would make these bizarre statements in some kind of attempt to save face. Its also the peak of irony that all those players mentioned are quick, technical, light framed players, while his two lieutenants, Matic and Lukaku who CAN NOT be dropped are lumbering oafs with pork trotters for feet

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Neville is just speaking from his exp in spain, while keane is from his exp at united back in his time.
Whatever it is they’re objectively speaking out of their arses - none of their arguments had any merit and Carragher was owning the debate.

When you have a ex player base like those guys and match going fans who accept and champion mediocrity - you’re going to let parasites such as Jose and Woodward walk all over us for longer than is acceptable.

FromTheBench

Yeah exactly. He bought lindelof and bailly before. What's to say a new cb would've been a bigger success?

And it's not like guardiola is playing with peak maldini and Rio vidic in defence in stones laporte otamendi. Not sure they are individually even better than our lot.

Don't get any argument now to defend mourinho.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This is so small time and a terrible way to run the club.
The Liverpool fans I know were in two minds as to whether or not they wanted to win the game as a draw would likely mean Jose stays longer and we suffer more. That’s how bad it has got.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The Liverpool fans I know were in two minds as to whether or not they wanted to win the game as a draw would likely mean Jose stays longer and we suffer more. That’s how bad it has got.
We need to get rid of him asap.

I remember the City fans begging us to keep Moyes. This is even worse.

Just pay Mourinho his payoff and fire him with immediate effect.

Loon

:lol:
This is so small time and a terrible way to run the club.
Agreed. They can piss money up the wall on mediocre players, but not pay off the contract they prematurely and foolishly gave Mourinho to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.