The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
"Ah but it really wasn't Paul, wise up!"
- Reality
Absolutely pathetic reaction from Pogba as well.
If he truly believes he wasn't at fault for the goal he needs to learn the basics of football.

I'm sure the players look at Pogba as a leader figure in the dressing room, and for him to blame the lad who is low on confidence for something he didn't do is an absolute joke

ypsipeos

There were teams that played better football with the Darren Bents and the Reo Cockers of this league being starters.

We are stagnating.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chelsea away is a game we've struggled in for over a decade now, so it'll be interesting if losing here with a poor performance makes any difference to anything.
4 defeats in 9 league games would be an absolutely incredible start though.

CA1

Mourinho's fault Pogba can't mark a man. That Martial is invisible yet again.

Positive formation and we look exposed and crap.

Let me remind you that its the players that are shit and that a new manager will not make a difference.

AndyJ1985

Let me remind you that its the players that are shit and that a new manager will not make a difference.
Let me remind you that you're talking utter shite.

Skills

Snitch
Chelsea away is a game we've struggled in for over a decade now, so it'll be interesting if losing here with a poor performance makes any difference to anything.
4 defeats in 9 league games would be an absolutely incredible start though.
Wonder what Mourinho's last 20 games there look like too.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Depressing thing is the amount of home league games I’ve already paid to attend knowing that the league campaign is over already. God, we need a cup run.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

Pressing would help. Not defending with a 6 man back line and 2 midfielders helping would help also
Rashford getting the ball out wide and Young afraid the cross the half way line doesn't help

Minimalist

Yeah a scraped win over a pathetic Newcastle side changes nothing.
It was actually pretty pathetic how drastic the measures had to be (Matic/Pogba at the back) to win against a shite Newcastle side that will probably get relegated (at home). Practically through the kitchen sink at them and we have to thank our lucky stars Juan Mata produced a bit of magic to get the ball rolling.

I have no idea why it was held up as something to celebrate rather than simply breathing a sigh of relief.

Shark

@NotShark

Horseshit. So you're saying that a manager like Sarri, who has this Chelsea side playing fluid attacking football and relentless pressing, wouldn't make any difference to this side?

We've hired three managers either past their prime, or just plain shite, that's the reality. That's on Woodward too, mind you.

Robbie Boy

It was actually pretty pathetic how drastic the measures had to be (Matic/Pogba at the back) to win against a shite Newcastle side that will probably get relegated (at home). Practically through the kitchen sink at them and we have to thank our lucky stars Juan Mata produced a bit of magic to get the ball rolling.

I have no idea why it was held up as something to celebrate rather than simply breathing a sigh of relief.
It’s a sign how far our standards have fallen that people celebrate utter mediocrity these days.

Rolaholic

Pure dross,the opposing team today was inferior to us last season and look a different class with a new manager this season. The players underperforming is a direct result of the miserable coward in charge and his diabolical brand of football

Kapardin

Martial saving his ass. :lol:
Mad that he dropped him unfairly and was being defended by his fans for the same.

Well, if we keep earning points to close the gap and he keeps selecting players on merit rather than looking for "warriors", don't see why he can't stay. But this game isn't over.

Aloysius's Back 3

Another performance that changes after the tactics we start with is destroyed.

No need for Lukaku either - Rashford & Martial are missing a player in between them to be great striking partners

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope we hold on. Rather him leave in the summer with top four secured than him being sacked with us in 10th.

Minimalist

Hope we hold on. Rather him leave in the summer with top four secured than him being sacked with us in 10th.
True. Least if we pick up results like this (ignore the performances), we can probably scrape into the top four.

Cloud7

There’s something very wrong with how we set up and approach games if the only time we’re able to put something together going forward is when we go into halftime while losing. Surely this should be obvious?

Kapardin

He should be given till the end of the season. Top 4 is still going to be a tough slog.
We are four points off Chelsea who are supposed to be competing for the title. We just earned 3 points at the Bridge, which is usually a dream. Our football in the second half has been decent while Mourinho appears to be giving an olive branch to Martial and Pogba.

No need to sack him if he strings together a winning run with these tough fixtures, we might as well knuckle down, be professional and salvage something from this season.

EDIT: On second thoughts:lol:

Cloud7

I will say once again, you are the worst poster on here mate. What do you have to say now?

Minimalist

Meh whatever. Conceding late like that playing defensive football - nothing to be excited over in the end.

AndyJ1985

I hate how we only bother to attack when we're behind. Then as soon as we take the lead it's back to the same old shit.

nimic

something nice
Scout
We are four points off Chelsea who are supposed to be competing for the title. We just earned 3 points at the Bridge, which is usually a dream. Our football in the second half has been decent while Mourinho appears to be giving an olive branch to Martial and Pogba.

No need to sack him if he strings together a winning run with these tough fixtures, we might as well knuckle down, be professional and salvage something from this season.

EDIT: On second thoughts:lol:
I definitely blame this on you.

jeff_goldblum

I don't particularly like the guy but you can't fault Mourinho for either of those goals conceded today

Status
Not open for further replies.