The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Meh whatever. Conceding late like that playing defensive football - nothing to be excited over in the end.
We threw 11 men behind the ball immediately after we took the lead. I knew then it was a mistake.

That said, I think we performed well enough to come away with the 3 points.

Toad

Played well and didn’t get what we want, not mourinhos fault at all. Got the most out of his players in that second half, but he does need two centre backs. Will he last long enough to get them? I don’t know.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Don't think the players have given up on him. That's enough for me. Sort out the club at the top level first.

L1nk

Of course people's opinion will swing to he should stay now, it's just another swing in the pendulum of should he stay or go. But fair play we did well today really, particularly in the second half. Shouldn't take away from the fact he's being bailed out but a player he's tried to push out of the club though.

Sanchez for Martial was a disgusting sub. Stupid. All Alexis did was lose the ball in promising situations get again, whereas Martial was looking like prime Henry after his second goal.

Awful management there.

Judas

Open to offers
Eh if one of our breaks at the end had been handled better we'd have won it, we were sloppy. I think the subs worked, although Sanchez was dreadful to be fair, so poor with the ball.

Really odd performance to analyse.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Players switched off in that last attack. Midfielders have to come back with Barkley and Kante and they're all stood on their heels whilst Smalling is challenging for the ball in the air and Lindelof has 3 blue shirts to account for.

Other than that, I enjoyed that second half a lot.

BlahRules

We threw 11 men behind the ball immediately after we took the lead. I knew then it was a mistake.

That said, I think we performed well enough to come away with the 3 points.
I am fed up with this shit. We need a manager who don’t shut shop the second we have the lead. I remember when fergie was in charge whenever we managed to clawback the deficit we didn’t shut shop instead we threw in more attackers and go for the kill.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Why are people complaining about his subs? Both Sanchez and Periera were brought on to kill the game on break, once again we lack that patience when countering. Chelsea were all over the place in last 10 mins, a more composed side would've finished the game off.

I am happy about the fight back the team has shown, 3 points here would've really kick-started our season. This shithole is the worst ground for us and coming from a goal down to win all 3 would've been remarkable. So close yet so far, story of our season.

ash_86

There is nothing to show that he's lost the players. Today we played excellent and almost walked away with three points from the bridge against one of the teams that haven't lost a game yet. Mourinho deserves more time and love from our fans.

DownRiver

I STILL think what had seen in second half is a glimpse of what the payers can do, so there is potential. Just dont think Mourinho is getting enough out of them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you're a manager with a reputation for negative football and you take off your two best attackers after taking the lead then you're always going to take some criticism if you lose said lead.

Shark

@NotShark
I am fed up with this shit. We need a manager who don’t shut shop the second we have the lead. I remember when fergie was in charge whenever we managed to clawback the deficit we didn’t shut shop instead we threw in more attackers and go for the kill.
Not later Fergie. It seems some fans have selectively erased all of those memories of us holding on for dear life at the end of games under SAF later in his career.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If anyone wants him out after today's result, give your head a wobble.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pereira, Herrera and Alexis came on, he didn't exactly bring on 3 defenders.

Cloud7

There is nothing to show that he's lost the players. Today we played excellent and almost walked away with three points from the bridge against one of the teams that haven't lost a game yet. Mourinho deserves more time and love from our fans.
His subs made us lose control of the game, after his initial tactics had us looking lost in the first half while Chelsea played rings around us, then the game was salvaged by a player he’s been trying to push out of the club for close to a year now. He deserves absolutely nothing.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't remember that. We'd be holding on for dear life ALL the time under Fergie :lol: especially in the last part of his career.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Starting fights.

More concerned about his 3 league wins than anything else post game

Quite embarassingy
People are so blind by their hatred that they are see-things, embarrassing :lol:

red_de_pologne

Go for the kill? :wenger: 80th minute, away at Chelsea, No manager would throw in more attackers

InfiniteBoredom

It's a sign of weakness. Anyone who have played a game of football know that feeling of relief when the oppo best players went off. You feel so much more confident attacking.

We could have conceded regardless, but this shit has happened times and again and he just doesn't learn. Having players who can keep the ball and pin a player or two back that late in the game is more valuable than just another body in the box.

Uniquim

Here's the incident

Initial provocation

On the way back

Going by the number of annoyed faces, I think Marco Ianni did or yelled some sort of provocation on the way back as well.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mourinho's fault Pogba can't mark a man. That Martial is invisible yet again.

Positive formation and we look exposed and crap.

Let me remind you that its the players that are shit and that a new manager will not make a difference.
:lol: This aged well

Greck

If anyone wants him out after today's result, give your head a wobble.
'That 45mins against Chelsea' is the new 'that half hour against spurs'. It was a decent stretch. Nothing special enough to warrant change of minds

Status
Not open for further replies.