Film The Movie Critic - Tarantino's 'final' movie

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Seems to be going meta with the last two films.

Pitt, Samuel Jackson, Uma Therman, Michael Madsen who else will he dig up?

Wing Attack Plan R

I really feel like we've moved on from Tarantino's style. He's basically done the same revisionist history movie with stylized over the top violence in his last 4 outings (Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, The Hateful Eight, Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds). He showed a lot of creativity and skill in the Kill Bill movies (which should have been combined into a single movie), but even those I found exhausting. Maybe he will do something completely off the chain for his final number, but I doubt it.

Sweet Square

He lives in Israel now so I hope his next film is shite. But really considering his style imo Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was the perfect note to go out on(I’m pretty sure Tarantino calls it his masterpiece). So I’m not that fussed about any new work.

Also agree with @Wing Attack Plan R that we’ve maybe moved on from Tarantino. Tarantino is the perfect end of history era director in a good way(His films are great). But in a decaying economic system with wars ongoing who gives a shit about James Dean favourite burger house.

SparkedIntoLife

No casting news on the female side? The Wiki feet community are on their tippy toes waiting eagerly for their next sole mate.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was kinda dull. I hope this is not in the same vein.

binary bot
No casting news on the female side? The Wiki feet community are on their tippy toes waiting eagerly for their next sole mate.
:lol:
I always knew about the closeups but then I discovered the Salma Hayek clip and it became very disturbing

Raven

He annoys the bollocks out of me but he does make good movies so hopefully he goes out on a high.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I can’t say I have ever left the cinema having not really enjoyed a Tarantino movie.

I really loved Once Upon a Time, and would have been perfectly fine with that being his final movie. It had the ultra violence, it was a rewriting of history, but it also had heart and gave a face to a victim. Margot Robbie gives such a subtle and affectionate tribute to someone who suffered such a terrible fate.

It was touching thinking about the life Tate lived and the person she was, and the violence felt satisfying when you think about how the Manson family have become almost iconic over the years. There was real anger there from Tarantino and he rewrote a wrong with passion. It’s that passion for film which makes him special.

I will definitely miss him when he has gone.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I enjoyed Django, but I must be the only person in the world that didn’t like pulp fiction

Chairman Steve

God knows how many big names are going to want to be in this movie. I’m still hoping to see Nic Cage in a Tarantino movie as I can see him delivering Tarantino dialogue immaculately.

buchansleftleg

I used to be a fan of Tarantino films but i've recently re-evaluated them and I don't really feel like they will stand the test of time.

He's played fast and loose with safety (Uma Thurman) sexuality and racial language and all of this has to be taken into the context of being bankrolled by the odious Weinstein.

I think he is a "film school director" - one who's all too eager to show off his film knowledge and influences and resorts to seeking out controversy to enrobe himself in an "auteur" status when he has actually been funded by mainstream Hollywood since the get go.

I can accept Reservoir dogs as a one-off young directors film but there has been little actual progression in his films since. His films have been parodic facsimiles of other genre films with a Hollywood star in place of a Hong Kong Martial artist.

The violence in his films is "stylized" but doesn't ever seem to have any genuine consequences...the blood stays a picturesque vivid red...for cinematic reasons.

What is sad is there is some real writing talent there...I loved the opening scenes of Inglorious Basterds...Christoph Waltz showing us a new view on ruling by oppression and fear...and then reality flies out the window and it's like watching "Where eagles dare" where SOME Jewish people just fight back and exact revenge against the Nazis so that's all good then???

Django Unchained seemed an excuse to use up a lot of race based material and again just had a one dimensional revenge plotline. He's then focused on his 60's and 70's timeline - did we learn anything new about the Manson Family or was it just an excuse for showing women in peril / being slapped around again?

This constant use of revenge as a plot line is tiresome - it's like Michael Winner has been reborn with an LA attitude and penchant for footsie.

He's clearly a talented writer but maybe he got too big too soon and no-one has been around him to challenge him and stop him falling back into lazy tropes. He's since adopted the persona of a "cult" director but I think there's a spelling mistake in there somewhere.

marktan

Gonna boycott this one due to his support of the zionist genocide

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Whoever else he casts for this (assuming that is still happening)- hopefully no more Christopher Waltz. Seems like a decent bloke but his schtick has gotten a bit old.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I used to be a fan of Tarantino films but i've recently re-evaluated them and I don't really feel like they will stand the test of time.

He's played fast and loose with safety (Uma Thurman) sexuality and racial language and all of this has to be taken into the context of being bankrolled by the odious Weinstein.

I think he is a "film school director" - one who's all too eager to show off his film knowledge and influences and resorts to seeking out controversy to enrobe himself in an "auteur" status when he has actually been funded by mainstream Hollywood since the get go.

I can accept Reservoir dogs as a one-off young directors film but there has been little actual progression in his films since. His films have been parodic facsimiles of other genre films with a Hollywood star in place of a Hong Kong Martial artist.

The violence in his films is "stylized" but doesn't ever seem to have any genuine consequences...the blood stays a picturesque vivid red...for cinematic reasons.

What is sad is there is some real writing talent there...I loved the opening scenes of Inglorious Basterds...Christoph Waltz showing us a new view on ruling by oppression and fear...and then reality flies out the window and it's like watching "Where eagles dare" where SOME Jewish people just fight back and exact revenge against the Nazis so that's all good then???

Django Unchained seemed an excuse to use up a lot of race based material and again just had a one dimensional revenge plotline. He's then focused on his 60's and 70's timeline - did we learn anything new about the Manson Family or was it just an excuse for showing women in peril / being slapped around again?

This constant use of revenge as a plot line is tiresome - it's like Michael Winner has been reborn with an LA attitude and penchant for footsie.

He's clearly a talented writer but maybe he got too big too soon and no-one has been around him to challenge him and stop him falling back into lazy tropes. He's since adopted the persona of a "cult" director but I think there's a spelling mistake in there somewhere.
Agreed with everything here.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
His films became a lot more unwieldy and indulgent once his long time editor died. I don’t expect this to be any different. Probably a lot more so considering it’s supposedly his last

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Pulp Fiction will still be popular in two hundred years time.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Disappointed that his last film isn't just a pure foot fetish film from beginning to end. Oh well, at least we have this:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Dogs, Pulp & Jackie Brown will all absolutely stand the test of time. And Basterds will for the opening and bar scenes alone.

Kill Bill was absolutely massive and everywhere when it came out, but it does seem to have lessened hugely as a cultural artefact since. Django is probably best remembered for DiCaprio’s performance these days.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pulp Fiction was voted the 5th greatest movie of the 90s by Rolling Stone. Goodfellas was number one. So like Pulp Fiction will certainly stand the test of time.