g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Mueller Report

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They’ll subpoena him and his knickers will start to twist.
Unfortunately, the Democrats will have to go to the US attorney to submit the subpoena, who knows if that person will act upon it.

Hopefully that US attorney is an ‘institutionalist,’ but that’s what everyone called Barr when he was getting confirmed...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Barr straight up lying again here.

Asked why Mueller did not come to a conclusion on the obstruction charges, he said he could not recite why, it was unclear and they were basically all bemused.

Obviously didn't want to say "because it's down to the house to impeach" because he knows he is blocking them.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Sasse isn't on the Republican script here. Damn.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Gotta give it to the GOP machine though - just checked and Fox News is pushing the line 'Mueller didn't say the Barr summary was inaccurate' as the main story here.

A line which was 'provided' by an anonymous source at the DOJ, who of course works for Barr.

So your two sources are:

1. An actual f*cking letter, dated and signed by the man in question.
2. An anonymous source leaking to the press who works for the person being accused of wrong-doing.

Which do you believe? Whatever Donny tells you of course.

I mean, I know most people who still believe Fox news at this point don't have two brain cells to rub together, but that's pretty piss poor even by their standards.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Sasse isn't on the Republican script here. Damn.
OK leading on from this, after listening to another couple of R Senators, I think it's clear what their tactic is here.

Sasse was grilling Barr on Russian influence and what he is going to do to stop it. He and other Republicans have mentioned China in the same context and how they are even more sophisticated and America needs to be aware of their potential influence on an election.

It's leading towards the Republicans pushing a big narrative and probably investigation into China hacking the elections to help the Democrats. They're going to go full projection, full whubbism.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Booker up. He does well in these hearings.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Harris up and tongue ties him with her opening question :lol:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
fecking hell.

Harris just got him to admit that neither he nor Rosenstein reviewed any of the underlying evidence despite the fact that he disagreed with Mueller's characterisation of that evidence to come to their conclusions.

Loublaze

ATLien
Remarkable transparency indeed. Cruz is attempting to turn this into a Clinton and Obama witchhunt

Revan

Assumptionman
KH has done a good job there. Left Barr saying he hadn’t reviewed the evidence yet he admitted disagreeing with some of Mueller’s decisions.

Am beginning to doubt that he will want to face worse tomorrow.
She roasted Kavanaugh too (before the sexual scandal). She is very good at this.