The murder of Sarah Everard | Couzens sentenced to a whole-life order

Spark

He’ll get away with a slap on the wrist just like every other officer charged with anything ever.
Nah think it makes it way worse, a judge will consider it a betrayal of power. If he's found guilty of all charges (kidnap, murder and indecent exposure) it'll rightfully be a hefty sentence.

This whole thing is truly mental and shocking.

Sanchez7

:( Awful news. We have had some acid attacks in our area and it took a while before I got comfortable letting the Mrs go out on her own,

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I've been following the news on this woman's disappearance for the last week - my first thought was "why would she walk home alone in the dark?" It's something women have to consider every day of their lives and always has been.

The police officer has also been charged with indecent exposure involving another woman. He's been named by neighbours now, if you want to know who he is the tabloids are showing pics of him.
Very sad. Hopefully there aren't any others.

K Stand Knut

Nah think it makes it way worse, a judge will consider it a betrayal of power. If he's found guilty of all charges (kidnap, murder and indecent exposure) it'll rightfully be a hefty sentence.

This whole thing is truly mental and shocking.
a hefty sentence?

he’ll be lucky to see the light of day again IF found guilty.

BUT, people need to be careful predicting what has happened and what punishment he gets.

We have no idea on the story so far, even what might have happened

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
a hefty sentence?

he’ll be lucky to see the light of day again IF found guilty.

BUT, people need to be careful predicting what has happened and what punishment he gets.

We have no idea on the story so far, even what might have happened
We don't know much of the details but what we do know is that if the Met arrested one of their own for abducting and murdering a young white woman and then he was found not guilty it would be one of the worst controversies in their history. So I don't think it's unfair to assume they are of the belief they have well beyond the evidence required for a conviction.

Wilt

He’ll get away with a slap on the wrist just like every other officer charged with anything ever.
Don’t be daft.
If guilty he’ll get 30 years minimum, probably solitary.

Deery

Dreary
The world’s a fecked up place sometimes can’t even walk home without being murdered.

Poor girl, rest in peace..

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Looks likely she has been found. Horrific news and just devastating for her family. I wonder what is going to come out about this man.

K Stand Knut

We don't know much of the details but what we do know is that if the Met arrested one of their own for abducting and murdering a young white woman and then he was found not guilty it would be one of the worst controversies in their history. So I don't think it's unfair to assume they are of the belief they have well beyond the evidence required for a conviction.
That’s not quite how it works though, is it?

Assuming the Police have enough evidence to convict anyone of anything prior to an arrest being made is a bit bonkers.

Assuming the Police have enough evidence to convict someone of murder before a body is found or an arrest is made is absolutely bonkers.

They will certainly have suspected him but the fact they didn’t arrest him for murder straight away says something too.

I’m playing Devil’s advocate but I just don’t like seeing people saying this or that has or hasn’t happened and that this or that should happen to the peeps because of what is put out in the media. The story will come out when the time is right.

hubbuh

Kind of my point, and I would suggest that is highly likely with the speed that it changed from arrest for a) but then further arrested for b).

The full story is still not out though
I'll be surprised if he confessed. Coppers know the system. It'll be 'no comment' until he's able to speak to his solicitor.

K Stand Knut

I'll be surprised if he confessed. Coppers know the system. It'll be 'no comment' until he's able to speak to his solicitor.
It might depend a little bit on the circs but he wouldn’t be interviewed without his solicitor but he can certainly make comments on his arrest or on arrival at the station that changes things dramatically.

There is so much that can change the second you arrest someone

gormless

It might depend a little bit on the circs but he wouldn’t be interviewed without his solicitor but he can certainly make comments on his arrest or on arrival at the station that changes things dramatically.

There is so much that can change the second you arrest someone
I’ve actually interviewed someone whilst withholding the right to a solicitor in mildly similar circumstances. In this case, suspect could have been interviewed without a solicitor when the offence was kidnap, but not when it was murder

K Stand Knut

I’ve actually interviewed someone whilst withholding the right to a solicitor in mildly similar circumstances. In this case, suspect could have been interviewed without a solicitor when the offence was kidnap, but not when it was murder
Yeah, that’s a fair point that I’d forgotten about.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just absolutely horrible. There’s something so dehumanising about the phrase “human remains”. It conjures awful imagery and I cannot begin to imagine what it’s like for family members to hear that. I hope it was painless bless her :( RIP

PoTMS

Awful news, I wasn't hopeful when the news initially came out but this is worse than I could imagine. You can't begin to imagine what she went through when they start to mention "human remains". Hopefully she gets justice and her poor family can recover from this.

Times like this are also when you see how many weirdos are on Twitter. There's one half who has decided to take a pop at Sarah for no good reason and the other half has decided to take a pop at men.

K Stand Knut

Awful news, I wasn't hopeful when the news initially came out but this is worse than I could imagine. Hopefully her poor family can recover from this.

Times like this are when you see how many weirdos are on Twitter. One half has decided to take a pop at Sarah and the other half has decided to take a pop at men.
Who the feck is having a pop at Sarah?!?!?

K Stand Knut

I’ve seen lots. It’s sad. Many along the lines of if she’d followed the lockdown rules she’d still be alive. Not worth responding to those sorts of cretins though.
Makes me satisfied that I made the right decision to come off social media!!!

Despicable cretins!

Give them a voice, especially, in most cases, an anonymous one and unsurprisingly, they spout shit like a cretin

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There's a few really abhorrent and embarrassing trends on Twitter relating to this sickening incident.
I shouldn't be surprised but here we are.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Has there been two arrested? An accomplice?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Awful. Just totally grim thinking about it. Can’t even imagine what it’s like for the family.

Times like this are also when you see how many weirdos are on Twitter. There's one half who has decided to take a pop at Sarah for no good reason and the other half has decided to take a pop at men.
I’ve seen some weird posts along the lines of “don’t teach women to be more vigilant, teach men to be better” as if that works for a murderer

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Really awful news. I fecking hate walking home in the dark, especially in London and try to limit the time I do so when I’m alone. I can't imagine how grim it must feel as a woman. The only relative comfort for her family is that it's been resolved fairly quickly and hasn't dragged on for months without knowing where she is. Still absolutely horrible. :(