g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The murder of Sarah Everard | Couzens sentenced to a whole-life order

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Well said. I can understand why people wanted to be there and that the police/gov could have done things better (I think? Seems like a bit of a lose-lose scenario to be honest) but that video @Leroy The Red posted shows it's not as clear cut as people would like to believe. It's turned into a bit of a messy affair sadly and definitely taken away from its original intent to the point where no one really comes out of this looking good.

I swear to Lucifer if we go into another lockdown because of fecking London again
If that happens I suggest a permanent 600ft high wall around the m25 with no gates or doors in it.

Jericholyte2

Listening to the House of Commons right now, nice little Freudian slip from Priti Patel that here death was an 'insignificant' loss before quickly correcting herself.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Protests like this and BLM should happen everyday, in every city, until misogyny and racism are eradicated. But not at the cost of even more innocent lives.

I didn't go to BLM protests here in London because of Covid, even though I have been targeted and assaulted by the police a number of times because of my race.

There needs to a balance between the right to protest and the right to set in place emergency measures to stop a global pandemic

Protests like this and BLM should happen everyday, in every city, until misogyny and racism are eradicated.
...how?

Do you really think that one hardcore misogynist or racist will be moved - even slightly - by a few hundred people with pithy signs, never mind all of them?

Protest is important, but so are achievable goals.

It's a bit like the debate about social media abuse, where a big chunk of people are demanding utopian-style 'no abuse ever, have my ID techdaddy' instead of achievable things like faster response times on abuse reports, harsher moderation for severe forms of abuse and the implementation of better self-moderation tools (personal word filters etc).

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
...how?

Do you really think that one hardcore misogynist or racist will be moved - even slightly - by a few hundred people with pithy signs, never mind all of them?

Protest is important, but so are achievable goals.

It's a bit like the debate about social media abuse, where a big chunk of people are demanding utopian-style 'no abuse ever, have my ID techdaddy' instead of achievable things like faster response times on abuse reports, harsher moderation for severe forms of abuse and the implementation of better self-moderation tools (personal word filters etc).
Real education happens at the small scale.

These protests will hopefully bring about changes in law

That will remove some bigots, by being criminals or repeated criminals, and, hopefully means associates of the bigots distance themselves for their own personal reasons (not wanting to commit a crime)

That ostracizing should hopefully cause a change in behavior.

It might mean strict justice, but no person should go unpunished for calling me a paki and no man should go unpunished for verbally assaulting a woman, leave alone the rest.

Lots of countries/empires have changed the mindset, the behavior, the religious beliefs of millions of people, why can't we?

Stick and carrot

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
So glad the grumpy whopper brigade derailed this thread for a day so we could all consider how awful this all must’ve been for the police.

jungledrums

So glad the grumpy whopper brigade derailed this thread for a day so we could all consider how awful this all must’ve been for the police.
I fecking agree mate. If only everyone on earth shared your opinion on everything.

Tibs

Wonder if they’d take a moment to consider the NHS too.
Doubt it.

Society is getting ever increasingly fecked. Our inability to listen to different points of view without getting confrontational or into arguments, is helping this fecked nature get worse

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Going by insta stories, the march happening right now looks huge

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Doubt it.

Society is getting ever increasingly fecked. Our inability to listen to different points of view without getting confrontational or into arguments, is helping this fecked nature get worse

Women vs Abusers.

Good people on both sides.

Ludens the Red

What does that even mean? Seems they’ve gone out of their way to say graphic and not picture.
My guess was It was probably a meme or something along those lines.
Id imagine that officers time with the Met will be coming to an end and rightfully so. Just shows a total lack of decency and professionalism. What baffles me is officers still think they can post this shit in watsapp groups with colleagues and there’ll be no ramifications.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No, I just think it's an awful post and completely unnecessary in such a thread.
It may have been insensitive but I find a bit strange that she'd go viral and have an official account on a back an arrest. Also, tweeting to people not attend the protests is a bit daft now that she'd already been there and protested herself and it snowballed from there. It's just strange to me.

Also, completely horrible what happened to Sarah, of course.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
My guess was It was probably a meme or something along those lines.
Id imagine that officers time with the Met will be coming to an end and rightfully so. Just shows a total lack of decency and professionalism. What baffles me is officers still think they can post this shit in watsapp groups with colleagues and there’ll be no ramifications.

Is there an official policy in the Met about social media? There must be guidelines although it appears whatever this copper did was ruled by common sense and decency and didn't need explaining.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
It may have been insensitive but I find a bit strange that she'd go viral and have an official account on a back an arrest. Also, tweeting to people not attend the protests is a bit daft now that she'd already been there and protested herself and it snowballed from there. It's just strange to me.

Also, completely horrible what happened to Sarah, of course.
She probably had to state it was her official account because there would be people setting up fakes and trying to organise more protests. Which she seems to be against now that she's had time to calm down.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Priti Patel passing the buck.

Priti Patel told police people could lay flowers at Sarah Everard vigil

Priti Patel has told the Commons she had had “extensive discussions” with the head of the Metropolitan police before officers broke up a peaceful vigil for Sarah Everard at the weekend, saying that people should be allowed to lay flowers.

But, in her first criticism of the gathering, the home secretary claimed the vigil had been “hijacked” by protesters and said undermining faith in the police would ultimately fail victims.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ople-could-lay-flowers-at-sarah-everard-vigil

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
In a thread with some genuinely insensitive comments, it’s his you take aim at?
I've already taken issue with others. I just don't like that the woman is being judged as fame hungry and desperate for social media attention for very little reason.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I've already taken issue with others. I just don't like that the woman is being judged as fame hungry and desperate for social media attention for very little reason.

Well let's not forget that she is being put on a pedestal for very little reason too. There is more than one point of view on this.

Ludens the Red

Is there an official policy in the Met about social media? There must be guidelines although it appears whatever this copper did was ruled by common sense and decency and didn't need explaining.
Yup, they spend a whole day in your training warning you of your conduct on social media, in particular what you post in watsapp groups with colleagues. If you’re in a watsapp group where something inappropriate is shared (not even by you) and you don’t say anything you get suspended and likely fired unless you can prove you didn’t see it. So there’s very little tolerance.
We had those very public cases last year too with the sisters. Honestly you’d have to be one hell of a massive moron to still be doing this.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yup, they spend a whole day in your training warning you of your conduct on social media, in particular what you post in watsapp groups with colleagues. If you’re in a watsapp group where something inappropriate is shared (not even by you) and you don’t say anything you get suspended and likely fired unless you can prove you didn’t see it. So there’s very little tolerance.
We had those very public cases last year too with the sisters. Honestly you’d have to be one hell of a massive moron to still be doing this.

That's good to know and they will have no recourse then. Absolutely bone-headed thing to do but there are stupid cops and there are not stupid cops. I'm sure the command will come down heavily on it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's amazing that police men and women and other military services still put their jobs at risk by totally brainless behaviour. So infantile. Something one would expect from a school kid.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It's amazing that police men and women and other military services still put their jobs at risk by totally brainless behaviour. So infantile. Something one would expect from a school kid.

Well not really. Soldiers and coppers aren't all geniuses so you can't always expect the best from them. Same as any other profession really.