The natural successor: Has Neymar blown it?

TsuWave

He also doesn't seem bothered or inclined to work that hard.
Yet he remains one of the best players on the planet, but I guess if we want work horses we can bank on Elanga. That’s working out great for us

the_cliff

Yet he remains one of the best players on the planet, but I guess if we want work horses we can bank on Elanga. That’s working out great for us
It's a mute point. Neymar wouldn't consider us if we offered him 700k a week.

People over here say no to everyone despite the majority of the players we have being inferior, it's nothing new.

There'd be people here saying No to prime Messi because he's too short and would get bullied by Ryan Shawcross.

Tyrion

Is he one of the best? According to the Ballon Dor, he isn't in the top 30.

Getting talented but lazy players didn't work either. See Di Maria and Sanchez.

Tyrion

It's a mute point. Neymar wouldn't consider us if we offered him 700k a week.

People over here say no to everyone despite the majority of the players we have being inferior, it's nothing new.

There'd be people here saying No to prime Messi because he's too short and would get bullied by Ryan Shawcross.
I'm happy for us to get new signings, but Neymar just seems like going for a big name.

the_cliff

I'm happy for us to get new signings, but Neymar just seems like going for a big name.
Neymar would be the best player that has played for us since prime Ronaldo.

Please. Some big names are also big players.

You wouldn't want Mbappe either ? He works less than Neymar. Presses less than Neymar, covers less distance than Neymar and was flirting with another club for 2 years while playing for his club.

Tyrion

Neymar would be the best player that has played for us since prime Ronaldo.

Please. Some big names are also big players.

You wouldn't want Mbappe either ? He works less than Neymar. Presses less than Neymar, covers less distance than Neymar and was flirting with another club for 2 years while playing for his club.
I'd rather Mbappe. He seems much more professional.

the_cliff

I'd rather Mbappe. He seems much more professional.
Well if football was won on who was the most professional then Milner may be the GOAT. Much more professional than Ronaldinho, Zidane and Ronaldo (fenomeno).

Tyrion

Well if football was won on who was the most professional then Milner may be the GOAT. Much more professional than Ronaldinho, Zidane and Ronaldo (fenomeno).
Miller has won the league multiple times. I'd rather have a balanced team than throw in another declining star to see if it works.

TsuWave

Yes, he's one of the best.

Neymar > Di Maria & Sanchez

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Pretty funny you describe Di Maria and Sanchez as "lazy players". They're really, really not. Shows how messy United is in the post SAF era.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It says something that PSG tried to shift him this summer but no takers....

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert

Yes Neymar is one of the best players in the world, that's clear to anyone with eyes. Nor is he particularly lazy.

Tyrion

Pretty funny you describe Di Maria and Sanchez as "lazy players". They're really, really not. Shows how messy United is in the post SAF era.
I mean they never really tried for us.

Yes Neymar is one of the best players in the world, that's clear to anyone with eyes. Nor is he particularly lazy.
Why do PSG want him gone and why is there noone willing to get him?

Tyrion

Because he's on something like 750k a week and averages around 18 league games a season because he always finds a way to fly back to Brazil for carnival / to hang out of his sister?
Exactly. I'm not eager to see that at United.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I mean they never really tried for us.

Why do PSG want him gone and why is there noone willing to get him?
There were quite a few clubs willing to get him IIRC. Have you watched him play this season? If you think there are 30 players in the world better then you need to find another sport to follow.

Tyrion

There were quite a few clubs willing to get him IIRC. Have you watched him play this season? If you think there are 30 players in the world better then you need to find another sport to follow.
I'll give cricket a go then.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Because he's on something like 750k a week and averages around 18 league games a season because he always finds a way to fly back to Brazil for carnival / to hang out of his sister?
I find it absolutel amazing that such conspiracy theories have so many supporters

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's been fantastic so far, you can tell he got hurt from all the negativity around him that he's kind of earned on the back of his terrible last season. If he stays fit, I think Neymar very quickly gets back into the Ballon d'Or conversation if we still care about that. The problem is that 'if' is a huge one.

Kulspruta

I find it funny that so many people talk about him partying and going to his sister’s birthday, but few people actually talk about the real reason he’s been missing matches in the last few years: Neymar is one of football’s most fouled players ever. The constant hacking has taken it’s toll and he’s been having problems with his ankle for a some years now. Not to mention when he got taken out of a World Cup because of a knee to his back.
I have don’t have much appreciation for his persona, for political reasons even, but his football deserves respect. Any time he’s on the pitch chances are he’s gonna be the most influential player in a game. These people saying he’s lazy have probably not watched many of his matches. It’s a bit sad to see one of the most astute and exciting attacking players in years be disregarded by football fans who should really be appreciating the amount of fun such a player brings to the sport.

Fenomeno9

He's been fantastic so far, you can tell he got hurt from all the negativity around him that he's kind of earned on the back of his terrible last season. If he stays fit, I think Neymar very quickly gets back into the Ballon d'Or conversation if we still care about that. The problem is that 'if' is a huge one.
I also think that because it is a World Cup year, he is stepping up his game because he might have been in danger of losing his starting role.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I also think that because it is a World Cup year, he is stepping up his game because he might have been in danger of losing his starting role.
Good point. Wonder if we'll see more players stepping up a gear, though the flipside of the coin is to avoid injuries between now and the World Cup.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
going to Ligue1 ruined his career.
So yeah blown it.
He should've gone to Premier League to prove himself and keep staying at highest levels.
You can't be the best playing 10-12games in CL/year because Ligue1 isn't very interesting or demanding

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What is that not his wages?

Is it 7 or 8 years in a row he's managed to not play a game on his sisters birthday so he can hang out of erm with her
2022 > Closest game to his sister's birthday on the 13th of march, he played the full game
2021> injured since mid february
2020>COVID
2019>Broken ankle, out for 4 months
2018>Borken ankle, out for 4 months

He didn't "manage" anything and it's actually pretty stupid to even imply he broke his ankle 2 months before so he can hang out with his sister. I mean it's twitter gutter level comments.

TsuWave

Now that Mbappe is having his Darth Vader arc we should bring Neymar to the theatre.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
going to Ligue1 ruined his career.
So yeah blown it.
He should've gone to Premier League to prove himself and keep staying at highest levels.
You can't be the best playing 10-12games in CL/year because Ligue1 isn't very interesting or demanding
Or he could just have stayed at Barcelona.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What is that not his wages?

Is it 7 or 8 years in a row he's managed to not play a game on his sisters birthday so he can hang out of erm with her
So you believed he broke his ankle on purpose? There's footage how he's fouled by other players, seriously injuring him. Do you believe he conspired with them to fool PSG and fly to Brazil? Do you believe he's so eager to party with his sister that he's willing to suffer the pain of torn ligaments and broken bones? :)

I mean, I get where this is coming from but even a second thought should be enough that this is nonsense. People are only willing to buy into these absurd theories because it's Neymar and they don't like him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So you believed he broke his ankle on purpose? There's footage how he's fouled by other players, seriously injuring him. Do you believe he conspired with them to fool PSG and fly to Brazil? Do you believe he's so eager to party with his sister that he's willing to suffer the pain of torn ligaments and broken bones? :)

I mean, I get where this is coming from but even a second thought should be enough that this is nonsense. People are only willing to buy into these absurd theories because it's Neymar and they don't like him.
The media is to blame, people are just consuming it and looking to get outraged, but it all starts with these non-stop sensational and clickbait articles.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Neymars sisters birthday is on March 11. This year Neymar played Madrid on March 9 and Bordeaux on March 13

dinostar77

Rumours accredited to espn brasil and orstein on twitter, that PSG will allow Neymar to leave this summer to join Madrid.

mshnsh

Barca got 2 Liga titles from 95 to 2000 (in 6 seasons), and achieved zilch in Europe, what spell at the top of Europe are you talking about?

Same goes for Chelsea.

United were pretty good, not the "best side from 95 to 2000" good, but one of the best.
I think you are confusing the nineties and the noughties. English.