The negativity is unreal | Nevermind

tjb

It would've been great if Ole had smashed the league this season and we were riding high with a five point lead at the top. We could've spoken about the United Way and football heritage and how we're better than these modern clubs that hire and sack managers at the drop of a hat.

But we can't because he hasn't been the next Sir Alex. He's been shit as a manager.

If this club was a movie character it would be the grumpy old business owner who refuses to accept that times have changed; nobody wants to buy his answering and fax machines. And instead of accepting that they've got to move with the times they spend the entire third act under a bridge sucking off drug dealers for a ham sandwich.
Truth is, that can happen. But we keep hiring manager's who are either past it or don't have the requisite experience or sign of being able to implement successful tactics. Chelsea under Lampard with young players could break down low blocks, but Ole can't even do that with Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Martial, Cavani, Greenwood.....that's a pure waste of talent

ColvaleGoa

Really it's now between Zidane and Conte.

Zidane doesn't like PL and Conte's football will be Jose and Lvg rolled into one.

I don't know anymore. Let's wait and see. This is endgame for Ole though.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This is new season and new times. If he does well he gets credit. If he doesn't he don't. It is not permanent.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet, I keep hearing from people like you we should be patient, not overreact, etc., etc.

You'd stand with the Titanic after it's already gone under, so I expect no more sanctimonous nonsense from you for a few months.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Can’t disagree on that fact. I still hope we have the decency to treat him with respect when his gone though.
Well, Ole as a player and Ole as a manager are two different things obviously. No one will disrespect him for what he did as a manager. It's not his issue that he is incompetent.

Acquire Me

Well, Ole as a player and Ole as a manager are two different things obviously. No one will disrespect him for what he did as a manager. It's not his issue that he is incompetent.
Not good enough as it stands. Will probably not ever be either, but that’s the way it is. Do you think our board will act swiftly at this point?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Can’t disagree on that fact. I still hope we have the decency to treat him with respect when his gone though.
The sooner he leaves, the sooner everyone will get over it and celebrate him as a former player instead of criticizing him as one of our worst ever manager.

Hughie77

Everyone new this result was coming Everyone. Klopp Says didn't expect that, wow has he watched the last 2 games ! Well most of us have, and I knew we would get humiliated today. I put a 1-3 . But 5 is a joke from the perspective of what players UTD have in that dressing room.
What are they doing on the trains pitch?
Defend properly do not give the ball away, but this side has been doing it from Game 1.
And the issues still haven't been addressed. Ole I thought would have got the bullet by now.

He has to go before Xmas, pogba can go with him if he wants, him stalling on his future doesn't help, that's not the issue though IMO the players need to take a long look at themselves or get dropped. Some of these think there comfortably in the 11, and I agree with them , because predictable 11 ole picks when all players available! Now if we all know that survey opposition managers do.
We're predictable in our style and it makes it easy to counter act our play
Ole doesn't trust certain players and they know it take the DVB issue, you've got Jesse who should now be banging on oles door along with DVB if there not involved in the next game no matter what. You got Mata dosent get a look in why ? Matic ? Sancho ? He got out of jail I CL because of 5 subs . . Who's The Manager I think imo there's to much player involvement and its showing on the pitch, I know better than the guy in charge etc etc. Long week coming up let's see if Oles in a job next Saturday

Norwich 0:1 Man Utd

K Stand Knut

I don’t want to start a new thread for this because the title isn’t specifically about Ole or any other manager but feck me, this place.

2 league games won with clean sheets.

Just fecking enjoy it.

The modern day football fan is shite

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I don’t want to start a new thread for this because the title isn’t specifically about Ole or any other manager but feck me, this place.

Just fecking enjoy it.

Everyone is shit. Ole has fecked us for the next decade.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Those moaning are the same bunch of posters that insisted we did nothing in training under Ole, and yet inexplicably expect it all to be better in 2 weeks.

Superden

Just fecking enjoy it.

I concur. Spoilt entitled brats. There i said it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The first item on the Talksport phone in after the game was 'Can you see any difference under Ralf Rangnick?' I switched off. He has been here a couple of weeks. What on earth are they expecting? We have stopped dropping stupid points, by hook or by crook, the clean sheets are coming. The better the results get, the better the performances will get because confidence will grow.

lex talionis

We’re grinding out wins now that would have been defeats under Ole, but there’s nothing wrong with noting that our play is still devoid of creativity.

Apart from the pk how many clear cut chances did we have against…Norwich?

RedRJ

The first item on the Talksport phone in after the game was 'Can you see any difference under Ralf Rangnick?' I switched off. He has been here a couple of weeks. What on earth are they expecting? We have stopped dropping stupid points, by hook or by crook, the clean sheets are coming. The better the results get, the better the performances will get because confidence will grow.
No question in my mind that we’re playing better than we were latterly under Ole. We’re defending better, McFred are playing better and Sancho is getting more involved. On the downside, Rashford and Bruno continue to be awful and look like they should be benched for a while, but no doubt that we’re headed in a better direction. Still a long way to go though……

DomesticTadpole

We’re grinding out wins now that would have been defeats under Ole, but there’s nothing wrong with noting that our play is still devoid of creativity.

Three out of four of our forward players were not great. Rashford and Bruno should have been hauled off at HT.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

DomesticTadpole

No question in my mind that we’re playing better than we were latterly under Ole. We’re defending better, McFred are playing better and Sancho is getting more involved. On the downside, Rashford and Bruno continue to be awful and look like they should be benched for a while, but no doubt that we’re headed in a better direction. Still a long way to go though……
Taking Sancho off baffled me a bit, he was the one who was not completely off his game.

K Stand Knut

9 days

::sonny::

Highest wage in the league, struggling against Norwich

Hope Ralf will fix this in the next 3 yrs

Dan_F

No loss in six, through in the Champions League and level with forth. Post-Watford it was seriously looking like we could go double digits behind forth pace with the run of games we had.

Some of the people in the match thread need to seriously get a grip. Maybe the positive first half against Palace caused people to think our issues could actually be solved within a few games.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Those moaning are the same bunch of posters that insisted we did nothing in training under Ole, and yet inexplicably expect it all to be better in 2 weeks.
They think managers are messiahs. If they cant walk on water on day one, then they must be false.

Flexdegea

Is there more self loathing fans than ours, tiresome. Literally 2nd proper match and they already kicking off like Ralf been to work for a full season

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Just fecking enjoy it.

Spot on, two clean sheets and a draw with a 2nd string side and kids, some positive changes and the beginning of a style of play, granted its looking laborious but the players are new to it and still overthinking it rather than it being automatic. Things are slowly but surely on the up.

R'hllor

Never ending cycle of same shit in here, oh and lul at certain lines in op.

Hammondo

Reality is that some of the fan favourites are not as good as how people described them. It is going to probably take multiple seasons to really turn us around, , many of our players need retrained, and some are just not going to make it.

This is a positive thing, this is progression. I am not saying 100% this manage is the person who will do it, but its going to be needed either way.

Tyrion

Talksport is worse than AFTV. At least on AFTV, they're genuinely angry and not just pretending. We're definitely different. Our defence was shocking all season but we've just had 2 clean sheets in the league. It's obviously a change and an improvement on our biggest issue.

Even less time. Trouble with this time of year as well is that the games basically end up the training as they come in such a short space of time.
Exactly. We played on Sunday, Wednesday and now Saturday. Anyone seriously thinking he'd have everything fixed in so little time doesn't know what they're talking about. No manager could possibly do that.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Is there more self loathing fans than ours, tiresome. Literally 2nd proper match and they already kicking off like Ralf been to work for a full season
RAWK always claims that they have the most knowledgeable supporters in the world. I think we have the most reactionary, naive fans.

Note: not supporters.

Jezpeza

not many. To be honest, we have a good run of winnable games and after the start we had I would take a 1-0 in every single one. I am sure there is more to come as our players adapt - thought the pessimist in me says if not then this has shades of LVG about it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So who is the next replacement? David Goliath Killer Moyes from Westham or Graham Harry Potter from The Open University?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Reality is that some of the fan favourites are not as good as how people described them. It is going to probably take multiple seasons to really turn us around, , many of our players need retrained, and some are just not going to make it.

This is a positive thing, this is progression. I am not saying 100% this manage is the person who will do it, but its going to be needed either way.
It's not really about fan favourites, it's about standards. Maybe some of you get satisfied by a miracle win against Norwich but I guess that others consider that no matter who you have in charge or for how long, United should do better with these players on the pitch. Some have just lower standards than others, or maybe they're just more realistic.

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

It's not really about fan favourites, it's about standards. Maybe some of you get satisfied by a miracle win against Norwich but I guess that others consider that no matter who you have in charge or for how long, United should do better with these players on the pitch. Some have just lower standards than others, or maybe they're just more realistic.
Or one standard is also to be able to put a performance in context and see what type of progress that is necessery to make us winning? United has gone from 1-4 against Watford and 0-5 against Liverpool to 2x clean sheets. United might have drawn (to Palace) or lost (to Norwich), but the feeling is already a collapse as the ones above is not anymore to be expected.

TheReligion

Abusive
Miracle win?

These games happen. You should know that supporting PSG and bring beaten to the title by Lille last season.