The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
To think you guys could’ve had Russ Feingold instead of this trash heap of a human is mind boggling.
In my (and my wife's) defense, we were in Bama in 2016. I think he gets crushed in 22 if he runs. The Dems have won pretty much every statewide election the the last few years. Which brings up the insanity of WI Republican Gerrymandering as the house/senate are one vote shy of a Republican veto proof majority in a state where Dems win all the statewide elections.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Wasn't following US politics in 2009, but i don't think the GOP response to obama's stimulus was so disjointed or quiet, and also biden's stimulus itself is about 100x better than obama's. Midterm wins are the default, but looking at UK polling following the vaccine (and expecting similar expectations in the US), they have a tough task.
so far their main plank seems to be cancel culture, but i'm doubtful you can win an election around saving trump's twitter account, rather than the muslim president is killing your grandmother.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Wasn't following US politics in 2009, but i don't think the GOP response to obama's stimulus was so disjointed or quiet, and also biden's stimulus itself is about 100x better than obama's. Midterm wins are the default, but looking at UK polling following the vaccine (and expecting similar expectations in the US), they have a tough task.
so far their main plank seems to be cancel culture, but i'm doubtful you can win an election around saving trump's twitter account, rather than the muslim president is killing your grandmother.
The guys over at Pod Save America (who were part of Obama's Admin) actually addressed this on their Thursday podcast. To paraphrase them, they essentially said that this is down to Biden being so vanilla. In 09 they had a black president with a "foreign" name to attack. Plus they had leaders who were good at doing things other than blocking legislative votes or reading Dr. Seuss.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
To be fair I doubt I could name all the Dutch overseas territories.

I only know 3:

Aruba: b/c of that murdering Dutch kid who killed an Alabama girl.
Curacao: b/c they are always awesome at the Little League World Series
St. Marteen: b/c I went there.
You know more than pretty much anyone - although it's a little more complex. These three are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, but are sovereign states in most respects. The islands of Saba and Sint Eustatius (both near Sint Maarten) and Bonaire (near Aruba and Curacao) are part of the state of the Netherlands, constituting three separate municipalities. And that's it, no further overseas territories remain. (Except if you want to count the islands off the Dutch coast. :) )

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You know more than pretty much anyone - although it's a little more complex. These three are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, but are sovereign states in most respects. The islands of Saba and Sint Eustatius (both near Sint Maarten) and Bonaire (near Aruba and Curacao) are part of the state of the Netherlands, constituting three separate municipalities. And that's it, no further overseas territories remain. (Except if you want to count the islands off the Dutch coast. :) )
St Maarten was fun.
I'm in France
...hop to the right
Now I'm in the Netherlands
...hop to the left
Now I'm in France :)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
St Maarten was fun.
I'm in France
...hop to the right
...hop to the left
Switching languages every hop must be tiring though.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My brother is studying medicine in St Maarten. Tell me what to do after I pop in and check in on him for 10 mins
We were on a cruise (ugh....but it was my in-laws 40th Anniversary and they love cruises.....) so we only had a few hours. We took a cab up into the French half and went to Orient Bay. Nice clean beach, lots of bars. One thing to watch out for is the multitude of vendors roaming all the "tourist" beaches. The first time I was offered a massage by a random stranger was a bit odd. Wife was not happy by the 20th time. :)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
We were on a cruise (ugh....but it was my in-laws 40th Anniversary and they love cruises.....) so we only had a few hours. We took a cab up into the French half and went to Orient Bay. Nice clean beach, lots of bars. One thing to watch out for is the multitude of vendors roaming all the "tourist" beaches. The first time I was offered a massage by a random stranger was a bit odd. Wife was not happy by the 20th time. :)
:lol:

I want to see the beach where planes fly right over.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Further evidence that a political party has chosen nihilism.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If they get the vaccine it means they are going against the word of their god Donald J. Trump (who secretly got the vaccine before he left office). Can't be having any blasphemy.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Did Fox News and other conservative outlets announce that Trump got the vaccine?
Having it on CNN and MSNBC is grand but it's not going to reach the right audience.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
To be honest, I wasn't overly sad when Trump was having his super spreader events during his campaign and this is no different. If there is a small bit of culling going on, I am glad it's these knuckleheads.
except that heard immunity can only be reached when 70-90% (and higher is obviously MUCH better) of the population is vaccinated. There is still limited data on how well previous infection conveys long-term immunity, so he chances are that you will need to be vaccinated again in the future. If we never reach the required HI levels then COVID will persist in a meaningful way, and mutate.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
St Maarten was fun.
I'm in France
...hop to the right
...hop to the left
Had a similar experience in Bristol, VA/Bristol, TN though tbf the language, while sounding foreign to me, wasn't different on one side from the other.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
:lol:

I want to see the beach where planes fly right over.
I don't know the place at all, but I think this is close to the airport.

This airport may or may not be similar to the one in Cancun were Cruz arrived and left within about a day's time.
Had a similar experience in Bristol, VA/Bristol, TN though tbf the language, while sounding foreign to me, wasn't different on one side from the other.
Come join me in the actually bilingually city of Ottawa to experience the real thing every day! (The real thing may or may not be included every day. No promises about Ted Cruz one way or another.)

MarylandMUFan

except that heard immunity can only be reached when 70-90% (and higher is obviously MUCH better) of the population is vaccinated. There is still limited data on how well previous infection conveys long-term immunity, so he chances are that you will need to be vaccinated again in the future. If we never reach the required HI levels then COVID will persist in a meaningful way, and mutate.
Yeah, that's what the logical side of me thinks as well. My heart is the one telling them they can not have the vaccine and get terribly ill. In reality, I can see us needing vaccine's every year like the flu to counter all of the new strains each year.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yeah, that's what the logical side of me thinks as well. My heart is the one telling them they can not have the vaccine and get terribly ill. In reality, I can see us needing vaccine's every year like the flu to counter all of the new strains each year.
It blows my mind, similar to the moon landing, that we could eradicate smallpox and polio GLOBALLY decades ago, but could probably never do it now.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Just saw this. American “politicians” are something else.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Didn't she threaten others online? And didn't she stalk David Hogg claiming the be armed?

Nobody should be threatening her or her kids like that but she's not in any position to now be playing the victim.

Also, wouldn't frivolous court cases be thrown out of court? Not settled out of court?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No one’s talking about taking away gun ownership rights, though.

Right now, every citizen in this country lives within 200 miles of a store that will sell them a gun during the same store visit, far quicker than buying a car. This won’t change. Placing common sense restrictions on gun purchasing won’t take away the right to own a gun. It may take away certain types of guns, but there will always be legal ways to own a gun.

The slippery slope arguments are so immature, but so effective on the mental deficients.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Greene, with her Jack Dempsey good looks, is simply fetching in this season’s ammosexual vapid cnut hunting zip top...

https://action.greene2020.com/honey-badger-gun-par0326/
Anonymous or someone should hack that site and just after this part -- This is the same type of gun that TRIGGERS the Fake News Media and Democrats all across the country. -- with the following -- It's also modeled after the weapon most often used in every mass shooting incident in the US, like the one that killed 20 children in Sandy Hook!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
there are so many different threads this can go in (Qanon, Fox News, US Politics). Matt Gaetz taking down Tucker would be one of the greatest things ever. Apparently the whole interview was absolute fecking bonkers.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
there are so many different threads this can go in (Qanon, Fox News, US Politics). Matt Gaetz taking down Tucker would be one of the greatest things ever. Apparently the whole interview was absolute fecking bonkers.

That contains the best comment ever about Carlson.. :lol:

Always has the face of a 13th century farmer learning about bitcoin.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
feck Liz Cheney b/c she is a monster too, but this made me chuckle.