The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm not going to give any American prison/jail any credit. Greene probably stumbled upon a right opinion when she claimed that inmates are being mistreated. It just happens that she got there because she supported the maybe-violent overthrow of the American government. To be honest I'm not really too keen on laughing at the situations of insurrectionists who were jailed either. It's funny that they are facing consequences, but you know.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
While jail / prison conditions are truly deplorable in this country, I do love how the official simply shrugs his shoulders at MTG at the 0:09 mark.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

So many comments.
This tweet has a really good summary that Biden and the Dems really need to sell better

1. Vaccinations 2mil to 200mil
2. Jobs created 5mil
3. Wages up $2 per hour
4. Dow up 5,000 points
5. Unemployment down to 4.8

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Wait... whut?

This is openly discussing sedition. It is treason. There is no depth of lowness Cruz will descend to.

And exactly how would they take the federal military? They can have the State Guard but DoD would withdraw all troops or Texas would need to pay DoD for protection, that's how it works. Doubt the oil companies would do anything to cut off their precious subsidies from the Fed.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-joe-rogan-texas-secession_n_6188864ce4b055e47d7c1480
Ted Cruz Talks About Joe Rogan Being 'President' Of Texas If State Secedes From U.S.
"If there comes a point where it’s hopeless, then I think we take NASA, we take the military, we take the oil,” Cruz told an audience at Texas A&M University.

In a startling address to constituents, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) recently talked about controversial COVID-19 conspiracist Joe Rogan becoming the “president” of Texas if the state secedes from the union.

“I’m not there yet,” Cruz told an audience last month at Texas A&M University about Texas seceding from the United States — popularly known as “Texit.”

But “if there comes a point where it’s hopeless, then I think we take NASA, we take the military, we take the oil,” he said to loud applause.

Asked if he would also take Rogan, a Texan, Cruz responded: “Joe Rogan, he might be president of Texas!”

When Cruz was asked by a member of the audience about the possibility of seceding, he said he “understood the sentiment.” But he added that he wasn’t ready for it — yet.

“I’m not ready to give up on America. I love this country,” he said, again to applause.

For one thing, Cruz insisted, Texas has a “responsibility” to the nation because “right now it’s an amazing force keeping America from going off the cliff, keeping America grounded in the values that built this country.”

But he’s prepared to change his mind.

“Look, if the Democrats end the filibuster ... if they pack the Supreme Court, if they make D.C. a state, if they federalize elections and massively expand voter fraud,” which doesn’t exist, “it may become hopeless,” Cruz said. “We’re not there yet.”

But if it does become “hopeless,” that’s when the state should grab NASA, the military and the oil, he added.

As for a possible future Texas “president,” at least right-wing vaccine and mask skeptic Rogan appears healthy after contracting COVID-19 earlier this year. The podcaster early last month insisted without a shred of evidence on his popular podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience” that President Joe Biden’s booster shot, which was filmed and shown on TV, had been magically faked.

Rogan admitted in May he was a “fecking moron” and “not a respected source of information” after falsely claiming young and healthy people don’t need to be vaccinated. Hopefully, he knows more about running a nation state.

Cruz’s talk was recorded for his Verdict podcast series. It’s part of a series of controversial Verdict talks and others funded by the conservative Young America’s Foundation, whose president is right-winger Scott Walker, former governor of Wisconsin. Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump’s one-time attorney general, and Trump’s extremist immigrant adviser Stephen Miller are alumni of the foundation.

Cruz planned to speak last month at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, but the event was moved off campus because organizers refused to comply with the university’s policy requiring masks, WKOW-TV reported.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I, for one, can't wait for The Alamo Part II and Ted Cruz's ugly head on a pike.

They have no idea how much they rely on the federal government for things. Secessionists never do.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You still dig her? She actually looks like she put a little weight on recently.
She's basically a real life version of Hellraiser plot, minus the woman seducing men for the Hellraiser character to consume the flesh (that we know of). But we are perhaps seeing firsthand how a skeleton readapts to human form.

SirAF

Ageist
I, for one, can't wait for The Alamo Part II and Ted Cruz's ugly head on a pike.

They have no idea how much they rely on the federal government for things. Secessionists never do.
Wasn't it just this winter they were begging DC for help during the extreme cold? fecking idiots.

Barnslig

Wait... whut?

This is openly discussing sedition. It is treason. There is no depth of lowness Cruz will descend to.

And exactly how would they take the federal military? They can have the State Guard but DoD would withdraw all troops or Texas would need to pay DoD for protection, that's how it works. Doubt the oil companies would do anything to cut off their precious subsidies from the Fed.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-joe-rogan-texas-secession_n_6188864ce4b055e47d7c1480
Ted Cruz Talks About Joe Rogan Being 'President' Of Texas If State Secedes From U.S.
"If there comes a point where it’s hopeless, then I think we take NASA, we take the military, we take the oil,” Cruz told an audience at Texas A&M University.

In a startling address to constituents, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) recently talked about controversial COVID-19 conspiracist Joe Rogan becoming the “president” of Texas if the state secedes from the union.

“I’m not there yet,” Cruz told an audience last month at Texas A&M University about Texas seceding from the United States — popularly known as “Texit.”

But “if there comes a point where it’s hopeless, then I think we take NASA, we take the military, we take the oil,” he said to loud applause.

Asked if he would also take Rogan, a Texan, Cruz responded: “Joe Rogan, he might be president of Texas!”

When Cruz was asked by a member of the audience about the possibility of seceding, he said he “understood the sentiment.” But he added that he wasn’t ready for it — yet.

“I’m not ready to give up on America. I love this country,” he said, again to applause.

For one thing, Cruz insisted, Texas has a “responsibility” to the nation because “right now it’s an amazing force keeping America from going off the cliff, keeping America grounded in the values that built this country.”

But he’s prepared to change his mind.

“Look, if the Democrats end the filibuster ... if they pack the Supreme Court, if they make D.C. a state, if they federalize elections and massively expand voter fraud,” which doesn’t exist, “it may become hopeless,” Cruz said. “We’re not there yet.”

But if it does become “hopeless,” that’s when the state should grab NASA, the military and the oil, he added.

As for a possible future Texas “president,” at least right-wing vaccine and mask skeptic Rogan appears healthy after contracting COVID-19 earlier this year. The podcaster early last month insisted without a shred of evidence on his popular podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience” that President Joe Biden’s booster shot, which was filmed and shown on TV, had been magically faked.

Rogan admitted in May he was a “fecking moron” and “not a respected source of information” after falsely claiming young and healthy people don’t need to be vaccinated. Hopefully, he knows more about running a nation state.

Cruz’s talk was recorded for his Verdict podcast series. It’s part of a series of controversial Verdict talks and others funded by the conservative Young America’s Foundation, whose president is right-winger Scott Walker, former governor of Wisconsin. Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump’s one-time attorney general, and Trump’s extremist immigrant adviser Stephen Miller are alumni of the foundation.

Cruz planned to speak last month at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, but the event was moved off campus because organizers refused to comply with the university’s policy requiring masks, WKOW-TV reported.
But it's not treason when California talks about it? Multiple times?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/calexit.asp
https://ballotpedia.org/California_Independence_Referendum_in_2021_Initiative_(2020)
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190221-what-if-california-seceded-from-the-us
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/24/cal...ornia-from-us-is-getting-a-second-chance.html
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/06/opinion-imagining-a-realistic-calexit-scenario/
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ny-golden-state-want-secede-trump-s-u-n681796

Cool, cool.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Perhaps not, but no one shouted treason at the people wanting to secede California from the U.S.
Elected officials are sworn to uphold the constitution, those Californians who got initiatives on ballots, etc. often were not.