The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

WPMUFC

. Betrayal reports that Sidney Powell, a controversial lawyer who worked on the legal team of former President Donald Trump after the 2020 election, called Ezra Cohen-Watkins (a Trump appointee at the Pentagon) and tried to convince him to come to the aid of then-CIA Director Gina Haspel.

“Gina Haspel has been hurt and taken into custody in Germany,” Powell reportedly told Cohen, pushing a QAnon-affiliated conspiracy theory regarding the CIA chief and the efforts to overturn the 2020 election. “You need to launch a special operations mission to get her.”

The book explains that Powell believed that Haspel had been injured while on a secret CIA operation to seize a computer server related to the U.S. election and a company named Scytl.
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/s...spiracy-she-was-hurt-and-arrested-in-germany/

JFC.....it makes you wonder just how close they really came to ending the country for Trump. The conspiracy fever dream of a white house must've been insane.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some of the clips of GOP arguments on the floor are mental.
The Dems are a disgrace for polling behind a bunch of lunatics.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I've concluded Boebert is more batshit than Marj

I mean, I've no idea what she's saying, but she's saying it really loudly, with jerky head movements, so I'm sure it's true.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I mean, I've no idea what she's saying, but she's saying it really loudly, with jerky head movements, so I'm sure it's true.
In the latter half, she insinuated that another Congressman (Eric Swallwell) had an affair with a Chinese spy. Before that, she's talking about Ilhan Omar (Jijad Squad) and her alleged sham marriage.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
In the latter half, she insinuated that another Congressman (Eric Swallwell) had an affair with a Chinese spy. Before that, she's talking about Ilhan Omar (Jijad Squad) and her alleged sham marriage.
Getting to the real issues I see. Her voters must be happy she's looking after their best interests.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Owning the libs is the top priority for a significant portion of voting base siding with these nutters. Governing is secondary or tertiary.
Also, one way or another, I'm contrinbuting to the environment by responding. I think I probably shouldn't.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
:lol:

Got to love the Youtube comments from the video Sen. Kennedy posted

"Senator Kennedy is a BEAST !!! I LOVE HIM .... GOD WINS BABY !!! WE IN THE BIBLE BELT "

"Thank you, Senator Kennedy! We need a law to prevent anyone who is not at least a third-generation immigrant from running for any level of political office or working in any capacity in our Federal government. At least then, we would know they have some skin in the game and hopefully are feeling some allegiance to our country. "

"Thank you Mr.Kennedy, man of principle doesn't like to be interrupted, reminding him of manners in a polite way, you sir are a gem of our country!#TRUMPANDKENNEDY2024"

"Thank You, Sir! You honor your job and YOUR people representation from Louisiana and all USA. TRUTH is TRUTH. The child or young people's education UNDER Communist systems never change is like a BRAINWASH."

"John Kennedy is my wish for our future. Class and backbone, my kind of leader. Plus, he’s got enough sense to end a national coin shortage. I mean when things don’t add up he just asks for simple responses, yet gets a whole side show as a result more times than not. Let this gentleman get answers for the country without being undermined."

Winrar

I bet none of them even know he was once a Democrat.
Trump used to be a democrat too, doesn't seem to stop people from falling head over heels over him. (In fact, if you look at a good portion of his base in the Appalachia, they used to vote democrat too up until the late 90s)

The punchline is that these people are going to be the majority in congress after 2022. I used to think Trump was little more than a joke and him and his agenda would be completely done for after J6, but the way he's continuing to accumulate support without twitter and ramping on replacing people in the republican party who aren't in lock step with his views AFTER he got out of office is actually starting to scare me.

Doesn't help that the Biden admin isn't doing a good job.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol:

I always wonder, is Kennedy this dumb himself or does he simply do it, because he knows most republicans really are this dumb? A dude like Tucker Carl's on, I'm 99% knows what he's saying is rubbish, on the other hand are Lauren, Marjorie and Matt Gaetz, who I'm quite sure believe what they say. But this guy, meh.